Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

p.s. Reconfiguration and Transition Update

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 7, 2013, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Originally Posted by UA Insider
...and just another milestone update here, Sunday night's UA1748 JFK-SFO on #5355 was the last scheduled flight of the previous p.s. configuration.

As of today [2 December 2013], all p.s. flights on JFK-LAX/SFO are scheduled with the new configuration.

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager - Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Print Wikipost

p.s. Reconfiguration and Transition Update

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
FWIW, I'll be bringing the printout of UA Insider's post ahead of my next p.s. flight (though I can already imagine the UC agent saying, "That's just some random person on the Internet and this means nothing to me.").
Well that is what some agents will say based on my experience. Been there, done that.

The real issue is not the policy but the lack of knowledge to how to override the system which is still enforcing the old rules. At least one agent was willing to make the switch and could not figure out how to do it (even called the help desk, no joy).
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Always Flyin

If UA implemented this policy, why didn't they do it properly?
Now that's humorous.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 9:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
WSJ story on domestic flat-bed competition:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...023553122.html
Old Jul 26, 2013, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ
WSJ story on domestic flat-bed competition:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...023553122.html
My favorite quote:

The food is still airline food, unfortunately, and there are some quirks. The space United offers for your feet is smaller than a foot.

Old Jul 26, 2013, 10:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
My favorite quote:

The food is still airline food, unfortunately, and there are some quirks. The space United offers for your feet is smaller than a foot.

the foot space photo comparison between UA and DL lie-flats tells it all.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
How do I know if a flight has improved ps service?

Have never flown LA - NY but got one coming up in October. How can I tell which 757 flights have the new and improved ps cabin?

Are y'all finding it possible to use RPU on these routes in the new planes?
Old Jul 27, 2013, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
AFAIK, the only way to find out is to look at the seat maps. Though, planes could be switched out at any time before..
Old Jul 27, 2013, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
No issues w/my RPUs clearing a week and change in advance JFK-LAX-JFK on the new configs last week
Old Jul 27, 2013, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Depends on how many aircraft have been updated with the new layout by October.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 8:05 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier Executive
If you are coach seat comfort is much worse and now you only have choice of Business"First" which is a loss of choice for passengers. American will have new and improved planes soon with 3 classes still!
Old Jul 27, 2013, 8:30 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Pi7473000
If you are coach seat comfort is much worse....
huh???, the E+ section of the new ps aircraft is a true E+ vs the old config that was a half-hearted E+. Now some will get E- on the new config, that true on all other mainline aircraft also.

Even the new business seat is agrueably better that the old F set.

Other than a decrease in premium seats and reduced chances of upgrades, it is hard to see a problem with the new aircraft.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
huh???, the E+ section of the new ps aircraft is a true E+ vs the old config that was a half-hearted E+. Now some will get E- on the new config, that true on all other mainline aircraft also.

Even the new business seat is agrueably better that the old F set.

Other than a decrease in premium seats and reduced chances of upgrades, it is hard to see a problem with the new aircraft.
Anecdotally, as I've yet to fly the new config, the new C seat might be fine for smaller people but less so for taller (and big footed) individuals.

Also upgrades seem to be operating similar to historical patterns. On this I can speak from experience.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 12:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Anecdotally, as I've yet to fly the new config, the new C seat might be fine for smaller people but less so for taller (and big footed) individuals.
? The old F seat was not comfortable at all. Angled lie flat, almost impossible to find a comfortable position. New BF superior in pretty much every respect. (Although we can debate which seat is more comfortable just for sitting - new BF or old C.)
Old Jul 28, 2013, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
? The old F seat was not comfortable at all. Angled lie flat, almost impossible to find a comfortable position. New BF superior in pretty much every respect. (Although we can debate which seat is more comfortable just for sitting - new BF or old C.)
From what I understand the new BF seat won't be comfortable for me at all in a lay flat position and therefor I'd take the old F or rows 6/9 any day.

Not sure what's so superior about that.

I will acknowledge that this is based upon information told to me by several people and that I have yet to try the seat myself. In a few weeks I will have first hand info and can relay my experience.

Simply claiming that layflat is the best thing since sliced bread should be avoided.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 6:33 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
My favorite quote:

Are the first seats on these 757's similar to the bulkheads on the 777's, thereby offering more foot space?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.