Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

p.s. Reconfiguration and Transition Update

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 7, 2013, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Originally Posted by UA Insider
...and just another milestone update here, Sunday night's UA1748 JFK-SFO on #5355 was the last scheduled flight of the previous p.s. configuration.

As of today [2 December 2013], all p.s. flights on JFK-LAX/SFO are scheduled with the new configuration.

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager - Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Print Wikipost

p.s. Reconfiguration and Transition Update

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2013, 6:59 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
United, can't you do anything right?

Flying with a 1K client today out of JFK. Booked on the same PNR a week ago and in seats 2A and 2B.

Check today a few hours before departure time and we have been separated in the cabin.

No sets of two seats still available. I'm sure they'll be a lot of help at the airport . . .

Told him that we should have flown AA . . .
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:01 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
If you plan to change to row 1-3 after check-in (my mistake) at SFO, good luck.

My experience at ticket counter, UC and gate -- multiple agents at each -- no one is aware of policy and calls to Help Desk equally resulted in "huh -- this is 3-class PS and that is F."

Calls to 1K -- we are unable to do this after checkin.

sighhhhh
The problem is because of the current system work around, they need to move you from J/R/I to F before they can move your seat in rows 1-3 if it's within 48 hours of the flight. SFO UC agents are aware of this issue, as one of them helped me with the automated separated seating and understood the issue.

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Flying with a 1K client today out of JFK. Booked on the same PNR a week ago and in seats 2A and 2B.

Check today a few hours before departure time and we have been separated in the cabin.

No sets of two seats still available. I'm sure they'll be a lot of help at the airport . . .

Told him that we should have flown AA . . .
It seems to happen randomly. Key is to monitor seat assignments 48 and 24 hours before the flight. Or just avoid those old F seats altogether.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 9:06 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PTahCha
.... SFO UC agents are aware of this issue, as one of them helped me with the automated separated seating and understood the issue. ....
An SFO UC agent may be aware but as of this week, at least 3 SFO UC agents have never heard of the policy and were unable to help.

As it turns out since the objective was an adjacent empty seat it worked out better to stay where I was but it was aggravating to repeatedly hear -- "this is a 3-class plane", "that would be a double upgrade", "never heard of the policy you are describing" from everyone a month after the change.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by dsquared37
This is likely not an option for the morning PS flight bank ex-JFK.
Haven't had issues with the GS agents at JFK either, but, in this case, was specifically responding to a post about SFO.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
I actually have 2 of these flights booked in August. I have 1A and 1D booked all the way around. Today I called and spoke to a former CO agent on the phone. He said that a memo was passed out recently to all agents about these issues. He said that the seats were in fact being changed at around the 72 hour mark but that agents were aware of this. He said that the system was putting those who belong there back into their original seats before the 24 hour mark. Lets hope it works.
He was also under the immpression that all these PS birds were equipped with wifi. I thought it was only the new ones that were already reconfigured. Anyone know who is right?
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by eyuro
I actually have 2 of these flights booked in August. I have 1A and 1D booked all the way around. Today I called and spoke to a former CO agent on the phone. He said that a memo was passed out recently to all agents about these issues. He said that the seats were in fact being changed at around the 72 hour mark but that agents were aware of this. He said that the system was putting those who belong there back into their original seats before the 24 hour mark. Lets hope it works.
He was also under the immpression that all these PS birds were equipped with wifi. I thought it was only the new ones that were already reconfigured. Anyone know who is right?
He was right.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:58 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by stevenshev
He was right.
Indeed, wifi is basically the main point of ps when you're in Y. In fact, if you book on a ps route and end up on an a/c without wifi -- even if that was the expected a/c the whole time -- you get an email a couple days before the flight with a number to call to change the flight if the lack of wifi is a problem. The number connects you to The Best Agent In The World, who will do basically anything you ask for, within reason, for free.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Nope - not unless you're GS (maybe?)
If you continue onto GF from LAX to SYD, etc. do you still get access to IFL?

Otherwise I have to imagine the JFK IFL days are numbered
Old Jul 25, 2013, 2:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
An SFO UC agent may be aware but as of this week, at least 3 SFO UC agents have never heard of the policy and were unable to help.

As it turns out since the objective was an adjacent empty seat it worked out better to stay where I was but it was aggravating to repeatedly hear -- "this is a 3-class plane", "that would be a double upgrade", "never heard of the policy you are describing" from everyone a month after the change.
FWIW, I'll be bringing the printout of UA Insider's post ahead of my next p.s. flight (though I can already imagine the UC agent saying, "That's just some random person on the Internet and this means nothing to me.").
Old Jul 25, 2013, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nova08

I'm assuming so - it's always been like that.

The better question is if, like the newish int'l policy, do GS get IFL access if they're in PS BF...
Old Jul 25, 2013, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I'm assuming so - it's always been like that.

The better question is if, like the newish int'l policy, do GS get IFL access if they're in PS BF...
Dudes, both of these questions are answered in the first post in this thread...
Old Jul 25, 2013, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by PTahCha
It seems to happen randomly. Key is to monitor seat assignments 48 and 24 hours before the flight. Or just avoid those old F seats altogether.
Sure. I have nothing better to do than monitor UA's seat assignments.

If UA implemented this policy, why didn't they do it properly? They have had how long now to correct any problems?
Old Jul 25, 2013, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Dudes, both of these questions are answered in the first post in this thread...
Ok, GS members in Business and continuing GF paxs. That can't be that many people. Also that was from almost 5 months ago when they said they would have more information about the JFK IFL later in the year.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by nova08

There's really very little incremental cost to keeping it as is. The champagne / food are variable. There is no extra staffing, just a bit of extra cleaning.

My guess is until the broader club is renovated it will be in service.

Was speaking to a United exec who actually wanted dedicated Global Services lounges built post merger, but noted budget constraints preventing that.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
There's really very little incremental cost to keeping it as is. The champagne / food are variable. There is no extra staffing, just a bit of extra cleaning.

My guess is until the broader club is renovated it will be in service.

Was speaking to a United exec who actually wanted dedicated Global Services lounges built post merger, but noted budget constraints preventing that.
You mean like when they used to have dedicated rooms for 1Ks?

United giveth and United taketh away . . .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.