Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated MUC connections / logistics / lounge, ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2021, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
MUC Munich Airport Tips & Experiences
Munich Airport Question
Transferring in MUC
generic MCT fromExpertFlyer June 2021
Code:
STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
 ONLINE .45 .45 .45 .45
 OFFLINE .45 .45 .45 .45
 LH-LH DD  1.00 EQP ALL - BUS TRM 2 - 2
 LH-LH DD  1.00 EQP BUS - ALL TRM 2 - 2
 LH-LH DD  1.00 EQP ALL - BUS
 LH-LH DD  1.00 EQP BUS - ALL
Print Wikipost

Consolidated MUC connections / logistics / lounge, ...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2013, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Should be no problem. SA and UA both operate out of T2.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
I'm looking at a 1:20 connection time, between ORD-MUC on UA952 which lands at 9:50, to a MUC-MRS flight taking off at 11:10 AM.

Sounds like it should be enough if getting through Passport Control isn't too crazy at that time of the day?
Old Jun 28, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by wco81
I'm looking at a 1:20 connection time, between ORD-MUC on UA952 which lands at 9:50, to a MUC-MRS flight taking off at 11:10 AM.

Sounds like it should be enough if getting through Passport Control isn't too crazy at that time of the day?
I fly through MUC twice a month - and frequently on 952 - you have plenty of time no worries...
Old Apr 10, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Transferring from UA to LH in Munich

I've been rerouted due to cancelled flights yesterday on flights starting today from ORD to Munich to Athens . I have 70 minutes to get to the LH flight to Athens.

I've never flown thru MUC. Is this enough time? Any tips? I arrive in MUC at 9:50 am and leave at 11:00. Does it make any difference that it's Saturday?

Appreciate the help!
Old Apr 10, 2015, 8:41 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Plenty time. Munich is probably the best and most efficient big airport in Europe.

Have a good trip.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: UA 1MM (and no longer flying much)
Originally Posted by JackieC2
I've been rerouted due to cancelled flights yesterday on flights starting today from ORD to Munich to Athens . I have 70 minutes to get to the LH flight to Athens.

I've never flown thru MUC. Is this enough time? Any tips? I arrive in MUC at 9:50 am and leave at 11:00. Does it make any difference that it's Saturday?

Appreciate the help!
As long as UA gets you there on time you'll make the connection easily. MUC is the opposite of FRA for connections.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
That's good to know. I've done FRA many times and was hoping MUC was faster. Thanks for the quick response and hoping today is a better day for travel after spending 6 hours in the airport yesterday in vain.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 10:01 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JackieC2
hoping MUC was faster
It is much, much faster.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 1:05 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Last month, I had 50 minutes to connect from an inbound TATL to a domestic flight (read: passport control), and we were parked at an apron position (read: buses), and I made it to the gate before boarding had even started. MUC is great.

...my bags, sadly, did not make it and arrived about three hours later, but that's really another issue altogether.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: United, Delta, American, Jet Blue, Hilton, Marriott
50 min. connection in MUC?

Hope this is the correct forum.

Thinking of booking a coach award ticket. I have a 50min connection in MUC.
NYC-MUC United
MUC-HER LH
HER-RHO Aegean

Is 50 min. enough time? Checking luggage.

The award ticket is booked through United. If I miss my connection in MUC are they required to find me another flight? Would I look for a united or LH help desk?

Thank you.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
I'm sure opinions will vary, but I think it's tight. There's no cushion time for the usual UA delays.

I've only connected through MUC a few times, but every time we've parked at one of the remote gates and taken the shuttle bus to the terminal. This can certainly cut into the 50 minutes, although I have found the airport overall to be a pretty easy connecting point.

If your reservation is all on one PNR, yes they are required to get you onto another flight.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
50 min. connection in MUC?

MUC is amongst the slickest in Europe (second only to ZRH in my view)

I pass through there 20+ times a year (ex UK), with a 50 minute connection, it's certainly possible, but I wouldn't risk it - mainly due to you needing to rely on BOTH LH & A3 to re-book you, whilst on a UA award ticket

Sorry I can't be more positive
Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by robin25
Hope this is the correct forum.

Thinking of booking a coach award ticket. I have a 50min connection in MUC.
NYC-MUC United
MUC-HER LH
HER-RHO Aegean

Is 50 min. enough time? Checking luggage.

The award ticket is booked through United. If I miss my connection in MUC are they required to find me another flight? Would I look for a united or LH help desk?

Thank you.
I would think 50 min is tight, especially you have another connection down the line. Do you have other options?
Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
MUC is certainly as good an airport as possible in which to attempt this, but you will be cutting it tight. You also have to clear immigration (I believe) into Schengen, and that could eat up some time if you don't have an EU passport.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Just realized I missed 2 things.

You may make the 50 minutes, but it's possible your checked luggage won't. Make sure you have a full set of clothes in your carry on.

Also, go to LH to get a new flight if you don't make it.

If you haven't booked yet, I would look for a longer connection, even if you have to settle for a long layover. MUC is pretty nice as far as airports go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.