Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated MUC connections / logistics / lounge, ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2021, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
MUC Munich Airport Tips & Experiences
Munich Airport Question
Transferring in MUC
generic MCT fromExpertFlyer June 2021
Code:
STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
 ONLINE .45 .45 .45 .45
 OFFLINE .45 .45 .45 .45
 LH-LH DD  1.00 EQP ALL - BUS TRM 2 - 2
 LH-LH DD  1.00 EQP BUS - ALL TRM 2 - 2
 LH-LH DD  1.00 EQP ALL - BUS
 LH-LH DD  1.00 EQP BUS - ALL
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2013, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium

Is 1:40 enough time to get from a UA flight to an LH flight in MUC?

I haven't been to Germany for a while, but the last time I was in FRA connecting to MUC I got stuck for over an hour at Passport Control and missed my connection. I assume that I don't have to go through Passport Control since my final destination is LHR...but I just want to make sure there isn't anything else there that's going to slow me down.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Barring any irrops, should be fine.

MUC is a breeze of an airport compared to FRA. Probably even have time to sample an airbrau or two.

http://www.munich-airport.de/en/cons..._mac/index.jsp
Old Jan 31, 2013, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1K
You won't have to transit passport control; you're not entering the Schengen zone.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Great, thank you both!

^ to the Airbräu suggestion! 8am isn't too early is it?

One other question...do you think I will be able to get a FastPass for LHR passport control from the BF concierge in Newark? I'm in J to MUC but Y to LHR.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:18 am

Don't know the answers to your questions but want to say that MUC is an awesome airport and fairly small compared to FRA. The lounge, there, is fantastic as well.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I think you will be SOL on the FastPass for LHR immigration, I fear. I presume you are doing this for the extra miles, because it's going to add very significantly to the journey time when you are feeling hellish after an overnight....
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
As others have noted, 1:40 should be plenty of time to connect in MUC.
Suggest you look at this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...UC+connections from the LH forum that has lots of information. Also, you won't qualify for FastTrack at LHR. Then again, I doubt you'll need it if arriving in the middle of the morning after the red-eye rush.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by TommyC80
Great, thank you both!

^ to the Airbräu suggestion! 8am isn't too early is it?

One other question...do you think I will be able to get a FastPass for LHR passport control from the BF concierge in Newark? I'm in J to MUC but Y to LHR.
IMO, 8am is just fine...and they open at 8AM, so I am not alone in this thought.

IIRC, they serve a pretty good Weisswurst, which would go well with the beer at that hour.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weisswurst

And now you are making me want to visit MUC again. Checking for Feb. looks like UA is wanting $1k plus for a quick weekend trip...not going to happen.

Enjoy.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:40 pm

slightly different situation at MUC, would like help with. I'm flying HEL to EWR tomorrow, with a 1:15 connection at MUC. Do I have to clear security again (with no checked luggage)? Also, I had to check in with LH, which forced me to choose a different seat on UA than what I had. I called UA and they said I still had my original seat, despite the fact that my boarding pass now says something different. I don't have a lot of faith that I'll be in my original seat. Thanks for any help.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 12:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by skipmnyc
slightly different situation at MUC, would like help with. I'm flying HEL to EWR tomorrow, with a 1:15 connection at MUC. Do I have to clear security again (with no checked luggage)? Also, I had to check in with LH, which forced me to choose a different seat on UA than what I had. I called UA and they said I still had my original seat, despite the fact that my boarding pass now says something different. I don't have a lot of faith that I'll be in my original seat. Thanks for any help.
You'll have to go thru passport control at the upper level. Just follow the signs and take the escalators (or stairs, or how about the elevator? ), and you'll find it.

All flights to US have the extra-security before the gate. They're all at the end of the terminal, and it's about a 5 minute walk from passport control or the lounges. That being said, I transit thru MUC monthly, and after the second passport check/interview, I have never been asked to go thru the metal detectors. Some people do though, not sure why.

1:15 is more than enough... I've done connection in MUC in 20 minutes!

As to the seatmap, have you tried checking in for your UA flight on your mobile phone? This usually works fine with me when connecting LH-UA.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 11:37 am

Thanks for this, much appreciated. I had already checked in, via LH, so couldn't re-check using the app. Should have thought of that before I went over to LH's site.

Anyway ... thanks.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Of three Schengen airports I've used for connections, MUC, FRA, and CDG, MUC is the only one that has any logic to it.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA *G, Accor/Sofitel Gold, InterContinental Platinum
Transfer MUC (SA264 to UA107)

Transferring in MUC from SA264 (JNB-MUC) to UA107 (MUC-EWR). The schedule shows about 2 hours between flight. I assume this is plenty of time? I believe SA and UA are both in Terminal 2 at MUC? However, I have not made such a transfer at MUC before, so I am curious if others have experience or opinions.

Thanks
Old Mar 10, 2013, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Exec Plat, MR Plat, HH Gold
Transfer MUC (SA264 to UA107)

Should be plenty of time. MUC is easy to get around.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
As the previous pster stated, that is plenty of time. MUC is not huge and is really easy to navigate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.