Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
United operates two versions of the 767-400ER, one of which features true Polaris seating and a Premium Plus Cabin.
For guidance on the new Polaris version, use this thread -- Everything You Want to Know about Where to Sit on the 764 true Polaris and PP version
While United is in the process of completing these updates during 2023, some flights will show the old (non-Polaris) seat map but then change to the Polaris-style seat map. Typically this switch shows on the flight status page after midnight (CT) 2+ days before the flight's scheduled departure.

Boeing 767-400ER (764)

Seatback on-demand entertainment all seats
AC & USB available throughout the plane
Fixed bassinets - 16DEF, 28DEF

AeroLOPA 764 Diamond seats
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2012, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC

I've spent about 15 minutes trying to find the "Everything you wanted to know about where to sit on the PMCO 764 (lie-flat)" thread, but can't find it anywhere. Does one exist?

If not, any suggestions on where to sit on this bird in the forward cabin?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by GBadger
I've spent about 15 minutes trying to find the "Everything you wanted to know about where to sit on the PMCO 764 (lie-flat)" thread, but can't find it anywhere. Does one exist?

If not, any suggestions on where to sit on this bird in the forward cabin?
All the seats are the same except row 1 which has larger foot wells (comparable to every other PMCO BF configuration).
Old Dec 18, 2012, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
All the seats are the same except row 1 which has larger foot wells (comparable to every other PMCO BF configuration).
So row 1 is the place to be? It's right near the lavs, correct?
What about middle (single seat) vs. sides? I'm doing 2 daytime flights (ZRH-EWR and EWR-IAH), so I'm trying to figure out what will work best (or if it matters).

Thanks for any insight!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
So row 1 is the place to be? It's right near the lavs, correct?
What about middle (single seat) vs. sides? I'm doing 2 daytime flights (ZRH-EWR and EWR-IAH), so I'm trying to figure out what will work best (or if it matters).

Thanks for any insight!
Middle seat is the best, privacy wise. Not the best for carts and people hitting you on both sides of the aisle.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
"Everything you wanted to know about where to sit on the PMCO 764 (lie-flat)"
I suggest mods rename this thread accordingly, if no similar thread exists.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drewguy
I suggest mods rename this thread accordingly, if no similar thread exists.
Fine with me -- I'll put in a request.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Related recent discussion:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...767-400er.html
Old Jan 19, 2013, 8:47 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, Motel 6 Tin
What's It Like in BusinessFirst on a 764?

Taking my wife to Paris in July for our anniversary. Booked award seats in BusinessFirst EWR-CDG and back. What's it like? Seat recommendations? TIA.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by HonestABE
Taking my wife to Paris in July for our anniversary. Booked award seats in BusinessFirst EWR-CDG and back. What's it like? Seat recommendations? TIA.
I don't like the CO business seats. But others do. You'll get the same flat bed seat with the "too small" cubby hole for your feet as you would on a pmCO 777 or 757. If you've ever flown business on pmCO in. 777 or 757 with flat bed seating, it's the same except 2-1-2 instead of 2-2-2 or 2-2 on the other aircraft
Old Jan 19, 2013, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Get the row 1 bulkhead seats if you can
Old Jan 19, 2013, 8:59 am
glx

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat, National EC Executive (Replaced Hertz), Hertz PC (Retired)
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Get the row 1 bulkhead seats if you can
Just not on the left if you'd like to sleep.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by glx
Is that cause the bathroom is there? Good to know - usually do 1KL on the PMCO birds.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 9:11 am

i've been seated in seat 1a a few times. the lav does not adjoin the bulkhead as you might expect. the lav is forward the emergency door such that the lav doesn't become an issue. there is more space in the first row.

if no one is seated in 1b, 1a, i suspect, is the most private seat on the flight.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 9:34 am

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE
the 764 BF seats (at least in the center aisle) are narrower and shorter than the PMCO 772 BF seats. specs on UA.com seem to support that. i'm 5'10 / slim. if the footwells are like the bulkheads ones on the PMCO 772 BF seats, try to go for those.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:40 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by glx
Originally Posted by iker
i've been seated in seat 1a a few times. the lav does not adjoin the bulkhead as you might expect. the lav is forward the emergency door such that the lav doesn't become an issue. there is more space in the first row.

if no one is seated in 1b, 1a, i suspect, is the most private seat on the flight.
Wait, which is better 1 A/B or 1 K/L? I would think K/L would be worse than A/B.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.