Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
United operates two versions of the 767-400ER, one of which features true Polaris seating and a Premium Plus Cabin.
For guidance on the new Polaris version, use this thread -- Everything You Want to Know about Where to Sit on the 764 true Polaris and PP version
While United is in the process of completing these updates during 2023, some flights will show the old (non-Polaris) seat map but then change to the Polaris-style seat map. Typically this switch shows on the flight status page after midnight (CT) 2+ days before the flight's scheduled departure.

Boeing 767-400ER (764)

Seatback on-demand entertainment all seats
AC & USB available throughout the plane
Fixed bassinets - 16DEF, 28DEF

AeroLOPA 764 Diamond seats
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2018, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Are the 764s getting Polaris seats?
I seem to remember reading in this forum that they will, but United website does not have 764 listed.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Are the 764s getting Polaris seats?
I seem to remember reading in this forum that they will, but United website does not have 764 listed.
I'm pretty sure everything except the 772G is eventually getting them. Though I seem to recall speculation that some of the 763s would be retired rather than reconfigured.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I think the 764s are down there with the 787s though for being last in line.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
It appears that my flight from EWR - AMS in June is on a 767-400 and it appears that this equipment now has the Polaris seats. Any recent experience on the hard or soft product on the 767-400ER.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dingo
It appears that my flight from EWR - AMS in June is on a 767-400 and it appears that this equipment now has the Polaris seats. Any recent experience on the hard or soft product on the 767-400ER.
Sorry, no 764s have true Polaris seats. It's either a reconfigured 763, or you're mistaking old seat for new. The new seats are blue on the seatmap, the old ones are orange.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Ahhh. So there are Polaris seats but the business class in general is also called Polaris. Is that correct? The 767 400 that I’m on says Polaris but that is for the cabin I believe.

Also so it appears there is only one 767-400 configuration. Is that correct ? (vs the myriad 767-300’s are there).
Old Apr 8, 2019, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by dingo
Ahhh. So there are Polaris seats but the business class in general is also called Polaris. Is that correct? The 767 400 that I’m on says Polaris but that is for the cabin I believe.

Also so it appears there is only one 767-400 configuration. Is that correct ? (vs the myriad 767-300’s are there).
Yes on both points.

The 764 uses the B/E Diamond, which is the old CO BusinessFirst seat.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:02 pm

Currently reserved in 24A, B & C for EWR to MUN in June. Was hoping that Row 24 had a small dividing wall behind it so that we could fully recline seats without bothering those in the row behind us. Would also like to know if there is a full window for my son and am concerned about proximity to lavatories and traffic/waiting lines.

We have the opportunity to move up to Row 20 - would this be a better option? Also wondering about the window in this row. Any insight you can provide would be appreciated!
Old Jul 26, 2019, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
16AL for tall people?

So I want the window seat to help with overnight sleeping options. But will I be struggling with the legroom in the bulkhead? I'm 6'2".
Old Aug 1, 2019, 3:34 pm

overwing exits on 767-400?

Are there really no overwing exit rows in Y on the 767-400, and thus the seat pitch of all E+ seats (except the bulkhead) are the same? That seems to be what the seat map is saying, but it's hard to find any other aircraft in the fleet that lack these. The bulkheads all seem to butt up against the lavs, which must mean they are subject to noise and waiting lines?
Old Aug 3, 2019, 12:32 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Starman
Are there really no overwing exit rows in Y on the 767-400, and thus the seat pitch of all E+ seats (except the bulkhead) are the same? That seems to be what the seat map is saying, but it's hard to find any other aircraft in the fleet that lack these. The bulkheads all seem to butt up against the lavs, which must mean they are subject to noise and waiting lines?
No the plane has four door exits and no windows. However, row 28 is by the 3rd door and has more pitch.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by elitefreak
So I want the window seat to help with overnight sleeping options. But will I be struggling with the legroom in the bulkhead? I'm 6'2".
Anyone?
Old Aug 4, 2019, 4:26 pm

Bulkhead has the advantage of no one leaning back into your space. The disadvantage for a taller person is less legroom as there’s no seat in front of you under which to stretch your legs. So it’s a trade off. Me? I’d go for the bulkhead but I’m only 5’11.
elitefreak likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by elitefreak
Anyone?
I don't think you will be able to completely stretch your legs out, but almost. It is also easier to get to aisle if you do have to get up. You can do it without your neighbors having to get out of their seats.
elitefreak likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: UA*G
Can anyone confirm if 28A/28L have regular windows? Or are they missing due to the space behind the door?
thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.