Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Winecountry, it's been a while since your last trip from ABC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Winecountry, it's been a while since your last trip from ABC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2013, 7:41 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by st530
Today I got a "Request an upgrade for your upcoming trip to Miami" email, featuring a link direct to my account, and lo and behold, there was R availability on one of the legs. I passed on using miles or RPU; will take my chances with CPU, but this was the first time I've received such an email and this feature might actually be worthwhile, particularly if they'll send such emails for international BF/GF itineraries on which GPUs can be used.
This has been going on for awhile (since last summer??) and it usually means there is an offer to use $$$ to upgrade. It is not an indication that R space is actually available, atleast not for the times I have checked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.