Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

DYKWIA stories (Travelling on United Airlines) (Archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2024, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is DYKWIA stories (Traveling on United Airlines)
Print Wikipost

DYKWIA stories (Travelling on United Airlines) (Archive)

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2016, 2:33 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by Kacee
Narcissistic personality disorder. Five bucks says these women are from SF and routinely do yoga poses in their seat.
I recently heard the term 49ers for people like that…
Old May 3, 2016, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Last week, flying in 7D on a 175, ORD-IAH. Guy in 7C feels both his area and mine are really both his. His size 15's were so far into my area that I had to use the tray table to block him at times. I didn't need to read my own newspaper, as his was halfway into my area...

I finally asked if he would like me to move. He acted confused, but I explained that I don't appreciate his serious invasion into my space. While he didn't apologize, he did make more of an effort afterwards, but also commented that he his a big time flyer with UA and that he was shocked UA didn't block out a seat next him.

Later, after drink service he asked why I received a free drink and snack. I said it's a 1K perk, he responded that he is a Silver.
After that, did you start calling him "Big Time" a la Han Solo in The Force Awakens?
Old May 3, 2016, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
After that, did you start calling him "Big Time" a la Han Solo in The Force Awakens?
Haha, despite being a big Star Wars fan that didn't cross my mind.
Old May 3, 2016, 6:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
It was "Big Deal". Faux fan
Old May 3, 2016, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by Cargojon
It was "Big Deal". Faux fan
Pax presumably called himself Big Time... would have been weird to start calling him "Big Deal" no?
Old May 3, 2016, 8:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Pax presumably called himself Big Time... would have been weird to start calling him "Big Deal" no?
I know I was just kidding. On my phone and didn't have the proper emoji available to make that obvious....
Old May 4, 2016, 1:04 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Last week, flying in 7D on a 175, ORD-IAH. Guy in 7C feels both his area and mine are really both his. His size 15's were so far into my area that I had to use the tray table to block him at times. I didn't need to read my own newspaper, as his was halfway into my area...

I finally asked if he would like me to move. He acted confused, but I explained that I don't appreciate his serious invasion into my space. While he didn't apologize, he did make more of an effort afterwards, but also commented that he his a big time flyer with UA and that he was shocked UA didn't block out a seat next him.

Later, after drink service he asked why I received a free drink and snack. I said it's a 1K perk, he responded that he is a Silver.
i'm tall and i'm telling you we bump and bash and rub up against people without knowing all the time. you take it for granted after decades
Old May 4, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by cur
i'm tall and i'm telling you we bump and bash and rub up against people without knowing all the time. you take it for granted after decades
When I bump someone, I turn to them and apologize. I've spent decades being considerate of others and tall.
Old May 4, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
No kidding - especially on some of those NH flights where the flight crew apparently thinks the plane should be managed like an Onsen....
Like everyone is naked? Hmm.
Old May 15, 2016, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA 1k
DEN-LGA just now, a guy boarding at tail end of G1 on a 757-3 puts his bags right above row 7 then walks back to row 21.

I was too far back to say anything to him without screaming but talk about selfish dykwia behavior given there is very limited overhead for those sitting in row 7 (who must store everything up).
Old May 15, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
Originally Posted by oblisk
DEN-LGA just now, a guy boarding at tail end of G1 on a 757-3 puts his bags right above row 7 then walks back to row 21.
In that case, I gate check the DYKWIA's bags. When traveling westbound, my preferred destination is FAI.
Old May 15, 2016, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by RoyalFlush
In that case, I gate check the DYKWIA's bags. When traveling westbound, my preferred destination is FAI.
Why not GUM? Better yet, KWA?
Old May 15, 2016, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
Why not GUM? Better yet, KWA?
PBM's.

Positive Bag Match.
Flights departing to somewhere outside the U.S. supposedly match the manifest names with bags. I'm unsure if this applies to far-flung Pacific destinations, albeit GUM and KWA are U.S.
Old May 15, 2016, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by RoyalFlush
PBM's.

Positive Bag Match.
Flights departing to somewhere outside the U.S. supposedly match the manifest names with bags. I'm unsure if this applies to far-flung Pacific destinations, albeit GUM and KWA are U.S.
Good point! But, I think KWA = Marshall Islands have been independent for some time. Wikipedia indicates 1986 for independence, 1991 for becoming a member of the UN
Old May 15, 2016, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
Good point! But, I think KWA = Marshall Islands have been independent for some time. Wikipedia indicates 1986 for independence, 1991 for becoming a member of the UN
Oh yea, I was thinking of Northern Mariana Islands.

I'll just stick with FAI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.