Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premier members who have Chase-issued credit cards are eligible for award ticket upg.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premier members who have Chase-issued credit cards are eligible for award ticket upg.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2011, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Just redeemed for a reward ticket on CO out of my account for my husband (no status). I also hold the Presidential card in my name.

Was able to select elite seat for him, but not E+. His OP number is in his profile.

Should I remove it to better his chance of the upgrade loophole working?
Old Aug 4, 2011, 5:34 pm

Just an update -- did OLCI and no upgrade list. Not surprised and knew calling them wouldn't help because they have no control.

I decided to call just for the heck of it. When I called, the agent knew immediately what I was talking about (amazing!!!) but said that I won't be on the upgrade list until everyone else clears as a courtesy. It was a nice + short 5 minute call but uhhhhhhhhhh...... anyone hear that explanation before?
Old Aug 5, 2011, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by circitmage
Rant?? ... I reserve that for the CO apologists & ill mannered trolls who try and incite those of us who want the airline to be better ... your comment is a good rationale for why CO elites routinely rank the OPSC as low as they do ... if you don't expect any service when you call the OPSC, good for you - sucks for the rest of us ... I'm surprised you don't expect the OPSC CSRs to know about a program that's being advertised as being *available* inside of 48 hours

In my book, its totally reasonable to expect the CO OPSC to know of a promotion/benefit *before* its available ... better yet, how about some rudimentary call center managment - manage and educate your CSRs about *upcoming* events and promos, develop SOPs so you don't give out wildly divergent answers to regular questions, try to get your average time on hold down to reasonable levels, monitor your abandon rates, try to make sure you have CSRs who can enunciate, don't talk with their mouths full, carry on personal conversations in earshot of the mike, maybe some auditing and retrospective analysis to determine best practices??? ... if any of the above is happening, I'm flabbergasted ... it seems like CSRs and even the PPElite CSRs are circling the drain in terms of service and capability prior to "the big merge"

my on hold time for the PPEllite desk has gone from near instantaneous when the program rolled out to 10+ minutes now ... the level of professionalism as reflected by being able to give minimally accurate info has decreased ... the aspiration to good/great service has vanished (e.g. transfers to other departments are now dropped into the CO IVR hell as opposed to staying on the call and being managed) ... etc... etc... etc...

Thanks for lowering the bar aacharya
Umm, no, your original rant was about not having the program benefits two days early. You have now changed your story to indicate your rant was about (and rightly so) that the OPSC didn't know anything about the benefit. In that, I agree with you.

Not sure about lowering the bar, if you keep changing which bar it is.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by edcho
...I decided to call just for the heck of it. When I called, the agent knew immediately what I was talking about (amazing!!!) but said that I won't be on the upgrade list until everyone else clears as a courtesy. It was a nice + short 5 minute call but uhhhhhhhhhh...... anyone hear that explanation before?
I've not heard that one, but it's still wrng. You should be on the list at below those at your elite level and above the companions at your elite level.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'm a little confused...

So I book a domestic reward with my AC miles for travel on CO, and I ensure my CO OnePass number is in the reservation (which is tied to my OnePass Plus Card), will I be included in the EUA sweep?

Thanks!
Old Aug 5, 2011, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by boat9781
I'm a little confused...

So I book a domestic reward with my AC miles for travel on CO, and I ensure my CO OnePass number is in the reservation (which is tied to my OnePass Plus Card), will I be included in the EUA sweep?
Perhaps -- we've got no idea what goes on on the back end to handle this. Presumably it's just fare class (X/XN),whether your CO FQTV# is in your reservation, and whether that account is also flagged as being linked to one of the qualifying Chase credit cards. There may be more to it. In yur case, you'll first have to get your OnePass# into your AC award ticket reservation. Then you can start playing rulette!
Old Aug 5, 2011, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I've not heard that one, but it's still wrng. You should be on the list at below those at your elite level and above the companions at your elite level.
. I just gave up -- there's a hot dinner for a short 3 hour flight but I'm exhausted anyway and need a shut eye. Exit row seats will be okay for me .
Old Aug 8, 2011, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Has anyone happened to get this upgrade bennie extended to their UA reward flts (booked through CO.com)? I understand that it's 'supposed' to be just for CO metal, but just wonderin'!
Old Aug 8, 2011, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by mnmag
Has anyone happened to get this upgrade bennie extended to their UA reward flts (booked through CO.com)? I understand that it's 'supposed' to be just for CO metal, but just wonderin'!
Noooooooooo. It's hit or miss on CO metals too. I'm sure once this benefit is on both metals, a better "mechanism" will be in place.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Noooooooooo. It's hit or miss on CO metals too. I'm sure once this benefit is on both metals, a better "mechanism" will be in place.
Thanks for the quick response -- that's what I figured, but since there have been reports of folks 'other than the cardholder' receiving upgrades on flts booked out of cardholder a/c's -- I wondered whether anyone 'happened' to experience one on a UA flt!

ETA: actually I got a 5 day upgrade on a CO flt on a reward tkt (but will have to cancel that reward tkt due to my plans changing!)
Old Aug 8, 2011, 8:33 am

Thanks for the quick response -- that's what I figured, but since there have been reports of folks 'other than the cardholder' receiving upgrades on flts booked out of cardholder a/c's -- I wondered whether anyone 'happened' to experience one on a UA flt!

ETA: actually I got a 5 day upgrade on a CO flt on a reward tkt (but will have to cancel that reward tkt due to my plans changing!)
This is actually a well known "loop-hole" on CO flights. For whatever reason, any benefits from that redeemed account for reward travel (i.e. Gold status -- free bags, priority check-in, etc) will extended to the patron flying on CO metals only.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is actually a well known "loop-hole" on CO flights. For whatever reason, any benefits from that redeemed account for reward travel (i.e. Gold status -- free bags, priority check-in, etc) will extended to the patron flying on CO metals only.
This I know quite well!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just wanted to give some new info. -- apparently EUAs on reward tkts on UA metal are possible -- as it just happened to me (UA metal w/both UA & CO flt #s) !
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Gold
Just wanted to give some new info. -- apparently EUAs on reward tkts on UA metal are possible -- as it just happened to me (UA metal w/both UA & CO flt #s) !
Did you have any notation on your online UA reservation that indicated you were eligible for an upgrade?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DeaconFlyer
Did you have any notation on your online UA reservation that indicated you were eligible for an upgrade?
No, it was a reward reservation made on CO! So, AFAIK -- there is no notation on my UA a/c!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.