Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

MileagePlus Membership Happy Anniversary Messages

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: What is your MileagePlus anniversary year? When did you join MP, OP, ...
3.57%
2.38%
1.19%
4.76%
1985-1989
20.24%
1990-1994
15.48%
1995-1999
19.05%
2000-2004
16.67%
2005-2009
7.14%
2010-today
9.52%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: notquiteaff
Curious what your MP join / anniversary date was?
Not available on united.com, so
  • the United app shows it in My Account screen (My United -> MileagePlus)
  • you can call MPSC and ask
  • If you have the MPX app, go to "My Account" and find "Member since"
Print Wikipost

MileagePlus Membership Happy Anniversary Messages

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2023, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Update to previous post - finally saw my 40-year notice from UA. It was a pop-up on the app, rather than on the Web site. Took a screen shot, fortunately, as it's gone now.

Congratulations on hitting 40 MileagePlus years!

David

p.s. I can only claim 31 at this point.
tarheelnj likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by DELee
p.s. I can only claim 31 at this point.
Well, also got my acknowledgement on the app:

David
Old Aug 24, 2023, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
20 years this month. I swore I had signed up before 2003, but I guess not.

Maybe it was an abandoned Continental account, or a northwest. Idk, it’s been a while. I did get a brief thank you for flying with us for 20 years on my last flight. Upgrade didn’t clear though. Lol.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 7:26 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
I never noticed the "member since" on the app. That is actually really cool. July 1991 for me. A while back, an FA stopped by my seat and mentioned that it was my MP anniversary that day, so I clearly have flown on my anniversary. Now I'm trying to think of where I might have flown in July of 1991, that triggered my sign-up for Mileage Plus. I never executed on the "purge print" thing to get all of my history.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 5:11 pm

Location: MSP, WLG, or the forward most A seat in Y I can get
Programs: UA Plat (and all the derivatives on cars and hotels that implies)
On a recent trip I was interested to see that 2/4 of the boarding gate agents, and all of the Club agents where I had to go up to the desk to scan in (versus the new gate system at eg. ORD C16 or EWR C74) wished me a happy 25th Mileage Plus anniversary. Clearly this was showing on the screen for them. Impressed in a funny way.
Old May 2, 2024, 3:49 pm

FAs greeting! Nice touch! 😀

Had an overseas flight recently and was surprised when the 3 of the Flight Attendants came over to my seat to wish me a Happy 25th Anniversary for being a MileagePlus rewards member. I honestly don't even remember when I signed up but apparently, it was 25 years ago that same day! It was just a nice and pleasant surprise to get allocates even if it was for a rewards program. Have to admit...it did put a smile on my face for that 12 hour trip. 😀
Old May 2, 2024, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by BoldAndRestless
Had an overseas flight recently and was surprised when the 3 of the Flight Attendants came over to my seat to wish me a Happy 25th Anniversary for being a MileagePlus rewards member. I honestly don't even remember when I signed up but apparently, it was 25 years ago that same day! It was just a nice and pleasant surprise to get allocates even if it was for a rewards program. Have to admit...it did put a smile on my face for that 12 hour trip. 😀
lol we signed up around the same time! My 25th was in April and had quite a few flights that month including some in Polaris. Was about 50/50 with one of the FAs saying something but on a recent Polaris LHR flight the purser stopped by and chatted with me before takeoff, wished me a happy anniversary, stopped to see if I needed anything literally every time he passed my seat, and then brought me some extra food (second appetizer, offered me some of the other entrees too but I was so full). Some of the flight crews really do know how to take care of customers still and go above and beyond. Cheers to your 25th!
BoldAndRestless likes this.
Old May 3, 2024, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Got card on the website for my 38th last month with no other fuss on the 3 segments I flew near the anniversary date. Not that I expected any.
Old May 3, 2024, 9:45 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
I was sad I didn't get for 35 years this April, but I logged in today to MyStatus and there it was.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.