Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New UA Revenue Fare Bucket "N" Class - UPDATE: Earns 100% PQMs/RDMs.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New UA Revenue Fare Bucket "N" Class - UPDATE: Earns 100% PQMs/RDMs.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
I just booked a N class from AUS-ANC
I am thinking of crediting it to Aegean for *A gold, do you guys know if it will be worth only 50% of Aegean or 100%?
Old Mar 4, 2013, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by duc1986d
I just booked a N class from AUS-ANC
I am thinking of crediting it to Aegean for *A gold, do you guys know if it will be worth only 50% of Aegean or 100%?
0%.

That's actually how I ended up getting here.

I have been watching more and more of the UA mileage run deals. Seems like every new fare is N class. I also found a couple of my own that were decent, but all N fares.

I noticed that N doesn't earn any miles on Aegean, Lufthansa, and Thai, among others (the only ones I checked). Is anyone else noticing a lot more of these fares?
Old Mar 4, 2013, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by BThumme
0%.

That's actually how I ended up getting here.

I have been watching more and more of the UA mileage run deals. Seems like every new fare is N class. I also found a couple of my own that were decent, but all N fares.

I noticed that N doesn't earn any miles on Aegean, Lufthansa, and Thai, among others (the only ones I checked). Is anyone else noticing a lot more of these fares?
Yeah, of course...UA introduces a new low...and suddenly all their fares are in this class...makes sense to them!

The BWI-SAN runs were all in N, the cheapest of the NYC-Hawaii runs were all in N and the ANC runs are all in N...

A month ago I hadn't heard of N, but we've reached a new low in UA ;-) From G to N...

-jeremy
Old May 20, 2013, 6:16 pm

Sorry if this has come up already but what if:

The ticket I purchased on United shows N but the boarding pass for the same flights shows Y class?

I want these miles to be credited to my Miles and More account. Anyone has had any experience and knows if it make sense to mail in the original boarding passes to Miles and More headquarters in Santa Clarita, CA, or will they just determine it is 0?
Old May 20, 2013, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MnMar
Sorry if this has come up already but what if:

The ticket I purchased on United shows N but the boarding pass for the same flights shows Y class?

I want these miles to be credited to my Miles and More account. Anyone has had any experience and knows if it make sense to mail in the original boarding passes to Miles and More headquarters in Santa Clarita, CA, or will they just determine it is 0?
Either way, you'll earn miles. Y is actually the highest economy fare one can buy.
Old May 20, 2013, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by aacharya
Either way, you'll earn miles. Y is actually the highest economy fare one can buy.
Thanks very much for the reply! Good to know about Y.
Old May 20, 2013, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by aacharya
No, not either way. N should earn zero miles credited to M&M.
Old May 20, 2013, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by murphyUA
No, not either way. N should earn zero miles credited to M&M.
What if on the boarding pass after the flight happened it says Y?
Old May 20, 2013, 7:25 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MnMar
What if on the boarding pass after the flight happened it says Y?
BPs tend to show the cabin, not the fare class. BP is the wrong place to be looking for the fare class.

N fare class is now the rock bottom UA economy fare. Previously it was industry fare and definitively non-mileage. M&M on lh.com seems to be treating it as the older industry fare. My guess is you will get either zero or 50% at best -- probably better to go to the M&M forum to ask the question.
Old May 21, 2013, 12:43 am

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
BPs tend to show the cabin, not the fare class. BP is the wrong place to be looking for the fare class.

N fare class is now the rock bottom UA economy fare. Previously it was industry fare and definitively non-mileage. M&M on lh.com seems to be treating it as the older industry fare. My guess is you will get either zero or 50% at best -- probably better to go to the M&M forum to ask the question.
And just to expand on this, Y is not only the highest economy fare class, it can also describe the entire economy cabin. Same goes for C and F for business and first class.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 2:46 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
I just booked 4 N IAH-GDL for $271 each about a $500 discount from normal price. It came and went in half an hour though. Is there a way to exclusively search for codes to book?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by slickvik
I just booked 4 N IAH-GDL for $271 each about a $500 discount from normal price. It came and went in half an hour though. Is there a way to exclusively search for codes to book?
Yes. On the booking page, towards the bottom, you tick the radio button and insert N
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:27 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Originally Posted by slickvik
Yes. On the booking page, towards the bottom, you tick the radio button and insert N
In general, UA.com will provide the lowest fare {there are a few select exceptions -- related to married segments} and attempting to force a lower fare class will not be successful. For a fare to be offered there needs to be
- fare class inventory
- fare rule filed
- the planned itin meets all the fare rules -- min stay, time frame, day of the week requirements, routing limitations, .....

for more see
http://travelcodex.com/2012/09/intro...ine-inventory/

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...pertflyer.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ble-fares.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.