Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:36 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, but likely for not much longer
SQ short-haul is still live. Not that this is a big deal. I won't mention cities. Big Brother might be watching.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:37 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM
i was able to sneak in 2 SIN-NRT in Biz at the VERY last minute obviously because as soon as I booked and went back all inventory was gone.... Wanted the A380 (and was planning on paying for it as part of my xmas/new years trip) but Ill take a free 773 overnight flight for free!! Seats already assigned and everything!
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by 787fan
UA/SQ is now in panic mode .... they've locked down so much that even regional C in SQ A330 aren't showing up in economy class !!!
Maybe the flights are literally fully booked?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DC777Fan
I was debating that very thing -- TG 380F vs SQ 77W F vs SQ 380 J... I stuck with the 380 F that I have for a few reasons.... The 380F (TG) and 380J (SQ) had by far the better timing--waiting on the SQ 77W F out of FRA would've lost us a half day in Bali; F vs J; and my first flight on a 380. Also I tend to believe that this is going to be a "flagship" product for TG, so they're going to have the best FA's, best everything on the 380 routes. TG video claims they'll have inflight WiFi as well... Would've been cool to do SQ since the chance isn't likely to re-appear for a while, but I don't think it's worth losing a few hours of sunshine in Bali when it's not like the alternative is UA Y.
I would actually try to get on TG 77W F. Their F product is leased from Jet Airways, featuring fully private suites with sliding doors, similar to SQ's suite class. TG A380 F is more like regular F.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:47 am

For the change of these tickets, if I add one segment of flights from UA and connect to EWR-SIN, would they have to require the EWR-SIN segment to be available before they can do it? I remember they would have to re-work the ticket if the origin or destination is not the same, or any over-water flights change the carriers and it might require 24 hours to confirm. I would like to add a TATL segment from Europe to EWR and connect on EWR-SIN. Did anybody have that experience before?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
Maybe the flights are literally fully booked?
I was searching SIN-HKG in March 2013 ... all showed availability earlier in the morning but completely blanked out by 1:30pm EDT .... sounds like a panic block to me

also searching SIN-BKK in the same time frame .... zero SQ in any F/J/Y in any nonstop/connecting flights
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:58 am

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
Originally Posted by sfo3388
This morning, while United.com shows phantom availability on SQ1 and SQ2 and does not allow me to book, I was able to book two one-ways on SQ1 and SQ2 via my iPad.
This seems significant to me.

I tried to do a booking via the mobile site: https://mobile.united.com/ but you need the miles in your account (you cannot move onto the purchase/hold a reservation without the miles).

Someone with the miles and desire to make a booking should see if they can reproduce sfo3388's success on the mobile site. I could see how certain manual overrides on availability could be different between the mobile site.

Also sfo3388 when you said iPad does that mean you used a UA app or something else?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:00 pm

Could thus massive booking of F and C tickets be costing MP more than it had expected or estimated for July? Aeroplan is still showing some availability but SQ is completely blocked from UA.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:03 pm

Programs: The Marina. Comic Relief. UA 1K and 1MM. MacBook Pro.
Originally Posted by SDAA
SQ short-haul is still live. Not that this is a big deal. I won't mention cities. Big Brother might be watching.
Does FT need a SQ "trick-it" thread in addition to the one in the MR forum?!
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Apparently when all the SQ Y/J/F disappeared the TG J/F decided to follow along. I checked many different routes and times and I can't find any TG J/F now, only Y.

Edit:

I was wrong...I still see TG J/F. I somehow had 5 passengers selected so I couldn't see any availability
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:05 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by iexaltu
Could thus massive booking of F and C tickets be costing MP more than it had expected or estimated for July? Aeroplan is still showing some availability but SQ is completely blocked from UA.
No that I have anymore interest since i'm out of * miles.

First "SQ Flood-Gate" opens F/J inventory everywhere except 380 R
SQ kinda fixed it
and opens it mistakenly again
so much that UA had to bring back Starnet blocking

WOW!
What's going on lately with IT, RGN and this
personally, airlines please keep up the great effort ^
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:06 pm

Miles refunded

I booked a F flight on SQ from LAX-BOM on Sat and have ticketed my reservation. I paid $112 in taxes and fees which show on my card. I also have a ticket number and SQ PNR which is showing on Singapore mobile site. When I ticketed miles were removed from my account and today I see that miles are again back to my account. My ticket still shows confirmed on both websites, should I be worried.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by iolairemcfadden
This seems significant to me.

I tried to do a booking via the mobile site: https://mobile.united.com/ but you need the miles in your account (you cannot move onto the purchase/hold a reservation without the miles).

Someone with the miles and desire to make a booking should see if they can reproduce sfo3388's success on the mobile site. I could see how certain manual overrides on availability could be different between the mobile site.

Also sfo3388 when you said iPad does that mean you used a UA app or something else?
Just went to the mobile site (via my laptop) to check out your theory, but I don't see how to do a mileage booking. Am I missing something?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Just went to the mobile site (via my laptop) to check out your theory, but I don't see how to do a mileage booking. Am I missing something?
Thanks, do Bookflight, under "search by" change it from price to award booking.

Also if you select the "smartphone" version it is a tad easier to use with pop-ups for the date.

Last edited by iolairemcfadden; Jul 10, 2012 at 12:21 pm Reason: added smartphone comment
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by flyer31
I booked a F flight on SQ from LAX-BOM on Sat and have ticketed my reservation. I paid $112 in taxes and fees which show on my card. I also have a ticket number and SQ PNR which is showing on Singapore mobile site. When I ticketed miles were removed from my account and today I see that miles are again back to my account. My ticket still shows confirmed on both websites, should I be worried.
that is very odd

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.