Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2012, 9:59 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by merc1234
The deal is LIVE! I just successfully booked NRT-SIN SQ F for 40k miles.
Did you get your ticket issued ?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:00 am

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by piemel
I have my UA conf code as well as the SQ one. I can change seats on SQ no problem. Part of my itin is on Thai Air. How can I select seats on Thai Air? Do they have their own conf code?
I had the same issue. UA could not give me a PNR (locator) number. I just called Thai and gave them the flight number and date and they were able to tell me what is available and booked my seat and also gave me the locator number.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:01 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by goofy777
I had the same issue. UA could not give me a PNR (locator) number. I just called Thai and gave them the flight number and date and they were able to tell me what is available and booked my seat and also gave me the locator number.
Thanks!
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Still see lots of 388 C on the JFK-FRA flight... has anyone ticketed this since the party ended?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:15 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.85MM // AS MVPG100K // TK Elite Plus // AA EXP // Bonvoy TE // Hyatt Explorist
I have checked multiple options and dates and although the availability always shows, when i click to book it i get the same "unavailable due to rapidly changing partner availability" error.

congrats to those of you who manage to get this to work for you. what is the secret??
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by piemel
I have my UA conf code as well as the SQ one. I can change seats on SQ no problem. Part of my itin is on Thai Air. How can I select seats on Thai Air? Do they have their own conf code?
I just called up Thai Airlines in the states 1-800-426-5204 gave them my flight numbers, dates, and last name and told them which seats I wanted.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by MaximusDamon
I have checked multiple options and dates and although the availability always shows, when i click to book it i get the same "unavailable due to rapidly changing partner availability" error.

congrats to those of you who manage to get this to work for you. what is the secret??
There was always some random C on the 380 available intra Asia and Australia on occasion (got it a couple months back NRT-SIN).

I've tried multiple dates in multiple months on SQ 1, 15, 25, 61, etc etc etc and keep getting the error. Bedtime in Singapore. If there are some more seats to be had among the phantoms, good luck and report back!
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
The deal is LIVE! I just successfully booked NRT-SIN SQ F for 40k miles.
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I'm curious about this as well.

Even if merc did get the ticket issued, could it be that this is "only" an intra-Asia flight and that accounts for the availability?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Yup. Got the ticket issued and confirmed. Just called UA for SQ PNR and got that. I am now picking seats on SQ mobile. I want to book more flights but I don't have enough miles lol. Does anybody know how long the miles take to come if I purchase miles?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Yup. Got the ticket issued and confirmed. Just called UA for SQ PNR and got that. I am now picking seats on SQ mobile. I want to book more flights but I don't have enough miles lol. Does anybody know how long the miles take to come if I purchase miles?
According to UA "up to" 2 days, but you may be able to call and try and expedite the process???
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:37 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
I'm looking at SIN-DME-IAH and I am seeing F for my date that I need to get back...still on the fence about it
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
I'm looking at SIN-DME-IAH and I am seeing F for my date that I need to get back...still on the fence about it
Hope it's available for you, but before thinking too much you might want to "Select" it and see if it's really there or just phantom availability as many are reporting about various routes today.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:44 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Hope it's available for you, but before thinking too much you might want to "Select" it and see if it's really there or just phantom availability as many are reporting about various routes today.
Due to rapidly changing partner availability the following flights are no longer available. Please choose another flight or modify your search criteria. I'll just stick with TG F on A380 and 77W I think I'll survive
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
Due to rapidly changing partner availability the following flights are no longer available. Please choose another flight or modify your search criteria. I'll just stick with TG F on A380 and 77W I think I'll survive
If it's TG A380 F vs. SQ 77W F or SQ A380 J, i'd still pick the TG option
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
for those that are going and going to do a trip report, this is the only acceptable way to write a report on SQ

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...ead.main/30239

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.