Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"Progress update on our systems conversion" email

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Doubtless I will receive my version of this shambolic email in due course.
What struck me:
How many items are listed as a "priority"?
How many times can they say "we're working on it"?
How many times can they say, in essence, 'the new system has less functionality than the old one'?
It all rings rather hollow.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Doubtless I will receive my version of this shambolic email in due course.
It all rings rather hollow.
I haven't received it either. I like to think it's because i haven't been on UA/CO metal this year, and my current reservations (3) are all awards. But i am suffering thru an award redeposit, and yes, this rings hollow. I've lost 6 hours to calls with UA already...

Dumping shares is clearly not an option -- that much crow simply doesn't exist.. but i went thru the NW/DL merger, and on cutover day, it was better than UA/CO four months beyond. Don't get me wrong -- there were growing pains, and the agents were going thru it with us -- but it never felt this hopeless. I'll likely finish the year with 500 PQM for each AC segment i fly to YUL and back, and nothing else..
Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I haven't seen it in my mailbox yet, but it doesn't really say anything new, nor does it actually seem to deliver any changes or improvements of note.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
When I saw this thread title on the front page of FT I just assumed it was a 3 month thread bumped up.

They are STILL needing to send these out? PATHETIC.
I thought the same thing. They sent me an almost identical email on 4/25!
Old Jul 3, 2012, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Isn't the reason that they can't go back to PMUA boarding that they have way too many MP Explorer Card-type folks to whom they promised priority boarding? Seems that once they opened that can of worms, the "priority" boarding became more than half of the plane. Which is why those people are now part of Group 4 or 5 or wherever they ended up.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 5:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mlbdenver
Isn't the reason that they can't go back to PMUA boarding that they have way too many MP Explorer Card-type folks to whom they promised priority boarding? Seems that once they opened that can of worms, the "priority" boarding became more than half of the plane. Which is why those people are now part of Group 4 or 5 or wherever they ended up.
No - the reason is simply their own arrogance. They cannot admit for one second that the United folks had it right all along.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 5:59 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Talking SPAM, paging Monty Python

My email from United ended up in my spam folder.
How appropriate.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Billiken
My email from United ended up in my spam folder.
How appropriate.
I didn't get it the Email at all! They probably know that most the b.s. they are claiming is not not true for my account
After months of fighting there are ONLY 2 mileage credits remaining which are either incorrect or missing Down from 7 in May. If UA thinks this is acceptable, they should think again.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by travel.flier
why so much thought into boarding process. go back to PMUA which had #1 on time departures, and be done with it already.
They can't do that without scrapping the blue carpet access to all elites.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 7:39 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
To me, it's just the same old e-mail from 3 months ago re-worded and re-arranged with a carrot or two* thrown in an attempt to make us salivate

Send me an e-mail of substance (n.b. substance) which says things like "we fixed the upgrade clearing process", "we solved the random seat changes issue", "you can now apply an RPU and GPU'S at the gate on day I flight" and "we fixed the phantom partner award availability problem" and then I might (n.b. might) be impressed in what COdbaUA is doing.

*which in typical COdbaUA fashion, no-one "in the know" will elaborate on
Old Jul 3, 2012, 7:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by N515CR
Interestingly, I just called to have two CR1s, er RPUs, redeposited and a res cleaned up...only took a few minutes and they were redeposited - and visually confirmed in my account by me - while on the phone. So, I guess that's an improvement.

Glad that's working for you, 50 minutes on the phone and 5 agents so far...
Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, AA, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by travel.flier
why so much thought into boarding process. go back to PMUA which had #1 on time departures, and be done with it already.
+1

Exactly what I thought!
Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Updates for our Premier members.

Upgrades within 24 hours of departure. We understand the frustration that some of you have with being unable to request a Regional Premier Upgrade or Global Premier Upgrade within 24 hours of departure. Revising our systems to enable day-of-departure upgrades is one of our top priority projects. It will take us several months to complete, but we are committed to delivering on this for you.

Bolding mine.

dh
Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond

It will also take several months for me to give new revenue to United.

They are simply incompetent and it starts at the top.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by goalie
To me, it's just the same old e-mail from 3 months ago re-worded and re-arranged with a carrot or two* thrown in an attempt to make us salivate
My thoughts exactly - a whole lot of "we're working on it, hang in there" - nothing explaining the A, B, C...Y, Z issues they've managed to fix.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.