Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Paris - Does UA or Star alliance have an arrivals lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris - Does UA or Star alliance have an arrivals lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2013, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by grtdane
Thanks! Not the answer I was hoping for :-( If anyone else has updated information I would appreciate it.
No Arrivals at CDG. There is a *A Lounge, but no onward BP, no access.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...paris-cdg.html
Old Oct 10, 2013, 3:50 pm

There is a Sheraton connected to the terminal at CDG, you are already paying 5-10k for the flight, why not just pay for a day of hotel and shower, change or take a quick nap in a real room?
Old Oct 10, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by BlackGold
There is a Sheraton connected to the terminal at CDG, you are already paying 5-10k for the flight, why not just pay for a day of hotel and shower, change or take a quick nap in a real room?
Would work - except I land at 10:45am and have a meeting at 1pm same day....
Old May 6, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Arriving on UA to CDG, with connection to Adria Air (also *A) flight later in the morning. I'm a little confused by posts above - can I access *A lounge in T1? Should I consider LH lounge?
Old May 6, 2014, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by BlackGold
Or just use the actual lounge and shower room in that hotel, which I have reported many times, and about which many times my veracity has been questioned. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-arrivals.html I am still in Paris, and so is the lounge.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...nal_first.aspx
Old May 6, 2014, 2:31 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
It looks like Adria fly out of T1 sat 6, so you'll have access to the *A Lounge and the shower there, as well as the LH lounge behind security.

The LH Senator lounge in CDG did not list shower as an amenity, so I would not count on it.
Old May 6, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by PTahCha
It looks like Adria fly out of T1 sat 6, so you'll have access to the *A Lounge and the shower there, as well as the LH lounge behind security.

The LH Senator lounge in CDG did not list shower as an amenity, so I would not count on it.
Thanks - I haven't transited at CDG before (at least not recently), so I'm a bit confused on this.

After arrival I'll go through immigration and can access *A lounge at that point. Or I can keep going to Sat 6, but to get there I have to clear security first? Is that the full on metal detectors, etc., and do I have to go through it regardless? How long would I have to budget to go from *A lounge to a T1-Sat 6 gate?
Old May 6, 2014, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by drewguy
Thanks - I haven't transited at CDG before (at least not recently), so I'm a bit confused on this.

After arrival I'll go through immigration and can access *A lounge at that point. Or I can keep going to Sat 6, but to get there I have to clear security first? Is that the full on metal detectors, etc., and do I have to go through it regardless? How long would I have to budget to go from *A lounge to a T1-Sat 6 gate?
The LH gates (which are also used by some other *A carriers) are down a longish moving walkway, and then past security. Usually the queue there is well under 5 minutes, and very often no queue at all. (In France there is also priority queueing for those with special needs) Security is standard WTMD, and please do NOT remove your shoes.

The LH lounge is downstairs, and not that great, but still better than the gate area. I personally dont like the *A lounge, and since I am usually flying LH or TK use the LH lounge.
Old May 10, 2014, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by PTahCha

It does not list a shower as there is no shower. The SEN and Business lounge have a shared toilet area, with just 2 stalls for women and a handicapped area. (No idea how many stalls for men)
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: UA Gold, HA Premier, Hertz #1 Gold PC, SBUX Gold
Reviving this old thread to learn the latest. I'm arriving early in the morning next week into CDG on TG and just confirmed I can't get into my AirBnb until 12 noon. Are there still any arrivals lounge options for arriving *A/UA passengers?
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by gradsflyer
Reviving this old thread to learn the latest. I'm arriving early in the morning next week into CDG on TG and just confirmed I can't get into my AirBnb until 12 noon. Are there still any arrivals lounge options for arriving *A/UA passengers?
No lounge access at CDG unless you are a departing passenger.
You could buy an onward ( refundable ) departure ticket to a Non-Schengen destination, use the Star Alliance Lounge in the transit area, and refund it after you leave the lounge.
Artpen100 likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
If you have the "Meet and greet" which AmEx provides if you book business, they can get you into any lounge
Old Aug 4, 2019, 1:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by knownothing
If you have the "Meet and greet" which AmEx provides if you book business, they can get you into any lounge
Meet and greet for free? AmEx has never offered this to me on tickets through their International Airlines Program.

BTW the Sheraton is in CDG T2 (not T1) in the center and on top of the rail station. You'd need to get from T1 to T2 to use it, but then from the Sheraton it's easy to take the RER or airport buses into the city.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Let's try this again. There is no such thing as Star Alliance Arrival Lounge,. Some Star Alliance airlines avail arrival lounge to serve their own customers which is not part of the Star Alliance benefit. If you fly TG, you need to check with TG to see if they offer arrival lounge service.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Meet and greet for free? AmEx has never offered this to me on tickets through their International Airlines Program.....

Amex offers free Meet and Assist program for Platinum and Centurion Card holders in certain countries for certain airports (mostly their home airports). Amex cards provide different services based on card issuing country. For example, free Meet and Assist at MNL for Philippines card holders. Perhaps Amex offers it to French card holders at CDG; I don't really know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.