Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Paris - Does UA or Star alliance have an arrivals lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris - Does UA or Star alliance have an arrivals lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2019, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pretzlaff
We just came in to CDG on United and tried to use the lounges. Indeed, turned away at the Star Alliance lounge as a Gold. Did not think to try my Priority Pass there. Then turned away at the iCare lounge down the hall.

Interestingly, used the restroom in the hall between the lounges and there was a shower in it. So, if you need a shower, just go on up with your luggage. There were no signs or other indications that these were owned by anyone. I did not see towels, however. So bring a small one.
When turned away from iCare lounge, I assume you did try Priority Pass. Or did you try only with your boarding pass (status / cabin)? I had thought Priority Pass access did not matter arriving or departing, but I have no experience there.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
I only tried boarding pass and status at Star Alliance lounge. That did not work. I did not know at that time that they were also a priority pass lounge, so did not ask Then I went over to iCare with my priority pass card and was turned away from there with them saying “no arrivals”. I never went back to the Star Alliance lounge to try my priority pass card. Too much rejection for 6:30am already.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 2:49 am

Programs: UA 1K
Star Alliance lounge at CDG doesn't allow arrival access with priority pass (or *G status); only if you are GS can you use it as an arrival lounge.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 11:33 pm

Accessing Star Alliance Lounge CDG on Arrival

Hey All,

Just checking if anyone has tried accessing the lounge on arrival using Priority Pass in Oct / Nov this year?

Please do share the results and date if you can.

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 12, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Was denied sometime mid October with Priority Pass on arrival (see message above)
Old Nov 12, 2019, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by pretzlaff
Interestingly, used the restroom in the hall between the lounges and there was a shower in it. So, if you need a shower, just go on up with your luggage. There were no signs or other indications that these were owned by anyone. I did not see towels, however. So bring a small one.
Thanks for this. I will be flying into CDG next month and was wondering if it would be possible to find a shower when I arrive. Sounds like this is similar to the setup in AMS, and will do nicely.

I really only care about showers in arrivals lounges. I can eat on the plane if I'm hungry, which I usually am not after a transatlantic flight.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Just to inform,

You could simply buy a dummy refundable T1-departure ( only with PP ) or *A ticket departing the same day as your arrival and enter the lounge at CDG if you want arrival lounge access.
Then cancel that ticket at no cost after leaving the lounge and head to the arrivals level.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 6:42 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Just to inform,

You could simply buy a dummy refundable T1-departure ( only with PP ) or *A ticket departing the same day as your arrival and enter the lounge at CDG if you want arrival lounge access.
Then cancel that ticket at no cost after leaving the lounge and head to the arrivals level.
Most of us here would highly recommend NOT doing this, especially at foreign airports.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 9:39 pm

After reading this thread I guess no more options for showers on arrival into CDG in Polaris with no connecting flight? Is the Sheraton option gone too? TIA
Old Feb 26, 2023, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Any update on Accessing Star Alliance Lounge CDG on Arrival? It has been a NO GO for a long time as I remember it
OhioBoiler likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.