Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Paris - Does UA or Star alliance have an arrivals lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2012, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; HHonors gold

I'm flying to Paris CDG next week in business class landing early morning. Does UA or Star alliance have an arrivals lounge. I'm guessing not since it is not a major hub for them, but hoping they do.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 9:07 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by UAatSFO
I'm flying to Paris CDG next week in business class landing early morning. Does UA or Star alliance have an arrivals lounge. I'm guessing not since it is not a major hub for them, but hoping they do.
Yes the Star Alliance lounge at CDG has showers and you should be able to use them upon arrival. UA used to have a Club at CDG that had arrivals suites but the suites closed a few years ago..and the Club itself closed recently. Now all UA flyers use the *A lounge.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I have the same question. I am arriving in UA GlobalFirst at CDG.

There is an old thread on the subject - but I believe the answer is no. Not sure if UA provides an arrival hotel room.

Last edited by cova; Jun 8, 2012 at 2:05 pm
Old Jun 7, 2012, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
Yes the Star Alliance lounge at CDG has showers and you should be able to use them upon arrival. UA used to have a Club at CDG that had arrivals suites but the suites closed a few years ago..and the Club itself closed recently. Now all UA flyers use the *A lounge.
I think the discussion in the older thread was that the *A lounge was inside security and not available to those whose destination is Paris.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 9:15 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
I thought the *A lounge is only available to departing passengers? If not, wouldn't you need to still go thru transit security to get there
Old Jun 7, 2012, 9:45 pm

Just used the CDG *A lounge departing on Monday, and it definitely did have showers. I didn't need to present my boarding pass, just had them swipe my club card, and I made it in, so perhaps an arrival will be okay.

The club is not behind a proper security check, but it is behind a checkpoint where an airport attendant scans your boarding pass. It wasn't clear to me whether or not arriving passengers would be dumped out inside or outside this checkpoint, but my relatively uneducated guess it that it'd be inside...
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
The old RCC and the *A lounge are just before the customs lanes to enter the country. Once you arrive, make a left, and you'll see an elevator near the duty free shopping that will take you upto the level with the lounge.

Not 100% guaranteed that they'll allow access (it worked for me with the RCC), but it never hurts to try.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 11:12 am

I guess the issue is then if you claim your bag at baggage claim - can you get back through to get to the Lounge?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cova
I guess the issue is then if you claim your bag at baggage claim - can you get back through to get to the Lounge?
No.
Not sure if UA provides an arrival hotel room.
They should. Ask the GS Rep/BF Concierge prior to departure or again upon arrival. If they are confused (and you're in a lounge or at a ticket counter) point them to GG SHOWER.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 11:18 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
I think the discussion in the older thread was that the *A lounge was inside security and not available to those whose destination is Paris.
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
I thought the *A lounge is only available to departing passengers? If not, wouldn't you need to still go thru transit security to get there
Upon arrival at CDG..UA pax disembarking from arriving flights have access to the transit area without re-clearing security or going through any immigration. Physical access to the lounge is possible without an onward ticket. You would not be able to claim your luggage and then visit the lounge..but you could go to the lounge first before heading to immigration and baggage claim.

Sure it's possible the lounge would deny entry for an arriving passenger.. but I'll bet they'd have success if otherwise lounge eligible.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 1:08 pm

I called UA Club number - and all they have access to is UA.com website.
They are clueless. The phone numbers of the clubs are gone plus of course the international affiliates which are out dated on *A site.

The agent gave me the Dulles club number - but that phone number is discontinued. Agent never heard of United First lounges eventhough they are on the UA Club site.

Last edited by cova; Jun 8, 2012 at 1:53 pm
Old Oct 10, 2013, 7:47 am

Programs: UA GS
Arrivals lounge in CDG?

Is there an arrivals lounge in CDG similar to LHR? Will be flying into Paris for a meeting and would really like a shower before my meetings. I am flying United metal - business class.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 8:01 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
this is a one year old thread
maybe both can be consolidated

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ls-lounge.html

I think the answer is no arrivals lounge based on this thread.
you can stay in transit, go to the business lounge (star alliance - no more UA lounge) and hope you get in. Technically it is NOT an arrivals lounge.
then you go through immigration, collect your luggage and customs.

I hope somebody with more up to date knowledge can update this information
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA GS
Thanks! Not the answer I was hoping for :-( If anyone else has updated information I would appreciate it.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by grtdane
Thanks! Not the answer I was hoping for :-( If anyone else has updated information I would appreciate it.
I went through a couple months ago from SFO and got access to one of the *A lounges but my connection was in another terminal so I had to ditch it. So I think it depends on the terminal you want to be in.

FWIW, I found CDG to be totally confusing on that trip and I've transited through there many times. I think that was because I was connected to an obscure destination...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.