Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Lounge at Paris CDG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2008, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold

I understand that the LH lounge is closed at CDG for renovations and will not re-open until March 2009. I remember reading however that there was a joint Star Alliance Lounge under construction which was to open in November this year. Does anyone know if it has opened or when it will open ?
Old Nov 2, 2008, 7:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The LH lounge and the *A lounge in CDG are discussed in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790942

Since that info is not sufficient to the OP, this thread goes to the *A forum for better traction.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M Forum
Old Nov 2, 2008, 8:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
It was not open as of 29 October, and the UA agents did not know when it would be.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 7:17 am

Programs: M/M
Star lounge CDG opening

The Star Alliance lounge at CDG will be located on two levels. The first class and reception will be on level 11. The business class will be on level 10, but the entrance for all will be in the same place at level 11 in the non schengen area. You have to take one of the three lifts just after passport control. The lounge will have most star airlines using it and is meant for the long hauls so explains why it's after passport control. I understand from LH that the LH passngers will be able to use it on a temporary basis until LH lounge in the satellite is ready sometime Mar 09. Yes schengen flyers will have to go through the passport control but I suppose is better than nothing...the agent said a card will be given at CI to show where to go. The star lounge has been delayed due to french paperwork but I heard it will open definitely in Nov. I went through to see where it was before going out on LH. It is true there is a nice reception but door is locked with a sign saying opening soon. You can see inside! There are also signs inside and near the elevator which look like they are covered until the opening. stay tuned!
Old Nov 25, 2008, 3:45 pm

Any update on if this lounge has opened yet?
Old Dec 1, 2008, 7:19 am

CGD Star Alliance lounge should have opened. Can any one share their experience in the new lounge?
Old Dec 1, 2008, 8:52 am

Programs: LH, AF, AB, SQ
It officially opened today. (german) http://www.flugrevue.de/index.php?id=4356

Question: Is the First Class section not available to Star Gold customers but only to actual F customers?
Old Dec 6, 2008, 3:18 pm

Star Alliance Lounge Opens at Paris - Charles De Gaulle Airport Terminal 1
Published by Ozgur Tore
TUESDAY, 02 DECEMBER 2008
Star Alliance has opened a First and Business Class Lounge at Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) Airport. The 850 square metre facility is the largest of its kind in Terminal 1 and offers space for more than 200 customers.

http://www.ftnnews.com/content/view/.../lang,english/
Old Dec 9, 2008, 6:55 am

Programs: UA MP 1K
Anyone been there with a report? I leave for Paris today and fly back on Sunday.

Can you get in if you are flying United in C?
Old Dec 12, 2008, 1:24 pm

Well I hope your exerience was better than mine this morning . What a disaster and what a waste of space the manager of the lounge is. I checked in for my flight and was really looking forward to seeing the new lounge. I proceeded to the doors and wondered why it was very dark. I went inside and the girl at the desk said that the Star lounge had no electricity but was still open.

I went down the stairs along with 3 other guys one SIA Gold and two other TK Gold. It was freezing cold with no food and coffee machine out. I was a disaster. After a while the 4 of us went up to the desk and said that we should be allowed to use the F class lounge behind the reception desk as that had full electricity. There was no one in the F lounge and only 4 of us is the Star Lounge.. This was refused and the manager was ignorant and unhelpful. The 3 other guys were very annoyed and made a few comments and walked out. I decided to stay and just sit in the dark. I was too tired to go find somewhere else. The UA RCC was closed until 8am and SK was too far to get too. After 40 mins since I had entered they finally fixed it. Once everything was back in order the lounge is quite nice. I have pics to post in dark and light

So I will be writing in a letter to Star about the attitude of the manager and he didnt care about his Gold guests. Sometimes customer service and common sense has to kick in. Not in Paris CDG is seems
Old Dec 14, 2008, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Very poor lounge

I found this lounge to be of very low standard. Poor food and beverge choices. The hassle of walking down stairs with your carryons from the entrance to the C lounge - no elevator. It was not crowded at all when I was there but I left for the Red Carpet Club which was a signficiant improvement. Perhaps that says it all.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K
I never got the chance. The UA agent told me that I couldn't get in and I said that I would try anyway. I was turned away. But I wouldn't have had much time anyway as passport control in CDG took over half an hour. So I went to the RCC and spent about 15 minutes there before I decided to walk to the gate. The RCC was slightly better than others, but not enough to spend time there in the morning. It was too early for me to have a drink, so I had a few cookies and left.

At least it seems as if I didn't miss much.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 7:01 am

Programs: M/M
Best lounge in CDG1

I read some of the above postings before my trip today and asked about the problem noted about lack of electricity. The front desk remember that day and said it was ADP that cut the electricity for work and since the lounge opened at 05h00 the work had not yet been completed, so seems that was an unfortunate one off and to blame the airport authority. She said the heat took a while to heat the whole place back up once the electric was restored because of the size of the lounge. Having used the C lounge today I was actually impressed. It was comfortable - food was plentiful (hot) and WIFI was free and fast. I have been to all lounges in CDG and none of them offer both of the above, not even AF or UA. They tell me that LH lounge will open again in April due to closure of the satellite (ADP) and the new lounge will be bigger. They said though that LH will not offer free WIFI or hot food in business.....but we'll see. Yes true that you have to go downstairs to get to business class, but a few stairs won't stand in my way of having a nice lounge to go to in CDG1. Bravo Star Alliance - not easy in that old building!
Old Dec 21, 2008, 8:32 am

As a UA*G in NH C-class, i was not allowed to bring in a guest with me. What a turn down. The Japanese staff said that NH will pay for me alone as a C customer, but my guest will not be paid by UA, hence not guest for me. They asked me to complain to UA. By the way, at the hour, RCC was closed.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 1:49 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
i would complain

Originally Posted by BrianUA800
As a UA*G in NH C-class, i was not allowed to bring in a guest with me. What a turn down. The Japanese staff said that NH will pay for me alone as a C customer, but my guest will not be paid by UA, hence not guest for me. They asked me to complain to UA. By the way, at the hour, RCC was closed.
Airport Lounge Access - available worldwide for you and a friend4 when you travel with any Star Alliance member airline, regardless of your class of travel.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/trave...er_status.html

if this has been a Staralliance gold lounge you should get acess with him if he is flying on star alliance too

dp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.