Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Biggest Whopper you've heard from a UA Passenger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2012, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus

OK, I'll take the bait.

Saturday morning at DCA, can't checkin at kiosk, so get in the 1K line. No one else in 1K, a couple of kettles in regular line. Kettle in front starts berating me for trying to cut the line, I explain I'm 1K and this is my line.

"Well I have a first class ticket"

Get on the plane, see her heading for E-.
Old May 17, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: UAL 1K, Starwood Platinum
"Continental was SO much better than United"
Old May 17, 2012, 10:20 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
OK, I'll take the bait.

Saturday morning at DCA, can't checkin at kiosk, so get in the 1K line. No one else in 1K, a couple of kettles in regular line. Kettle in front starts berating me for trying to cut the line, I explain I'm 1K and this is my line.

"Well I have a first class ticket"

Get on the plane, see her heading for E-.
Should have asked her why she was not in the first class line.

Best line I ever heard from a pax (while standing in the F cabin of a 744, during boarding w glass of Champaigne in hand. All pax were boarding thru door 1. A woman gets on holding her 6 or 7 year old daughter, she says to the little girl "Don't forget, if you marry well you'll be sitting here one day" and headed off to Y.
Old May 17, 2012, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
"The old United was SO much better than Continental"
Old May 17, 2012, 10:30 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
American is SO much better then UA and CO
Old May 17, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Passenger to GA/FA etc

"I'm never flying United again"
Old May 17, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: Recovering after 7 years of UA 1K, Still UA Silver (Which means nothing), Marriott Lifetime Plat Pre
Heard a customer argue with a RCC agent that the gate agent told her she could us the RCC for free since her flight was delayed.
Old May 17, 2012, 11:03 am
axl

Prior to departure, a passenger upgraded themselves to E+, told the flight attendant that he wasn't moving, and then told her to 'do what you gotta do' when she insisted he move. When I went back to chat with him, he told me that "I used to be a premier flyer so United owes me this seat". Turns out he chose wisely and went back to his ticketed seat vs taking the seat in the boarding area.
Old May 17, 2012, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by axl
Prior to departure, a passenger upgraded themselves to E+, told the flight attendant that he wasn't moving, and then told her to 'do what you gotta do' when she insisted he move. When I went back to chat with him, he told me that "I used to be a premier flyer so United owes me this seat". Turns out he chose wisely and went back to his ticketed seat vs taking the seat in the boarding area.
That's more "DYKWIA" or technically "DYKWIW" versus a "whopper" or "lie".

But I guess all are welcome in this thread before it closes.
Old May 17, 2012, 11:11 am
axl

Originally Posted by aacharya
That's more "DYKWIA" or technically "DYKWIW" versus a "whopper" or "lie".

But I guess all are welcome in this thread before it closes.
I figured that since the thread that inspired this one got so off topic that I would follow the spirit of that thread.

Don't You Know Who and/or What I Say I Used To Be?

Heck, UCH apparently feels that they don't owe anything to their current 'premiers', much less has been premiers
Old May 17, 2012, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
"United serves the best in flight meals."
Old May 17, 2012, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by noah
Passenger to GA/FA etc

"You tell United I'm never connecting through Houston again!" Sure, I'll just call up Jeffs direct line and let him know, what was your name sir?
Old May 17, 2012, 11:38 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Great thread. Thank you for posting.
Old May 17, 2012, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by noah
Passenger to GA/FA etc

I did this on delta a couple years ago (post NW merger) at check-in as a top tier elite. Then I ripped my boarding pass, walked over to AA and bought a one way ticket on their next flight to my destination and have never flown Delta again except one time to burn miles.
Old May 17, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Gold
My CPU cleared on a recent flight from SEA to DEN and my seatmate was a well dressed older lady. Right after I sat down she commented to me, "Sir, I think you're in the wrong seat, this is first class and they don't allow teenagers here." Without saying a word I simply showed her my boarding pass and that was that. I guess I should take it as a compliment that at 25 years old I still look like a teenager...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.