FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Biggest Whopper you've heard from a UA Passenger (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1347242-biggest-whopper-youve-heard-ua-passenger.html)

Alpha Golf May 17, 2012 10:10 am

Biggest Whopper you've heard from a UA Passenger

OK, I'll take the bait.

Saturday morning at DCA, can't checkin at kiosk, so get in the 1K line. No one else in 1K, a couple of kettles in regular line. Kettle in front starts berating me for trying to cut the line, I explain I'm 1K and this is my line.

"Well I have a first class ticket"

Get on the plane, see her heading for E-.

jacroweORD May 17, 2012 10:17 am

"Continental was SO much better than United"

chinatraderjmr May 17, 2012 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf (Post 18593016)
OK, I'll take the bait.

Saturday morning at DCA, can't checkin at kiosk, so get in the 1K line. No one else in 1K, a couple of kettles in regular line. Kettle in front starts berating me for trying to cut the line, I explain I'm 1K and this is my line.

"Well I have a first class ticket"

Get on the plane, see her heading for E-.

Should have asked her why she was not in the first class line.

Best line I ever heard from a pax (while standing in the F cabin of a 744, during boarding w glass of Champaigne in hand. All pax were boarding thru door 1. A woman gets on holding her 6 or 7 year old daughter, she says to the little girl "Don't forget, if you marry well you'll be sitting here one day" and headed off to Y.

jlemon May 17, 2012 10:23 am

"The old United was SO much better than Continental"

chinatraderjmr May 17, 2012 10:30 am

American is SO much better then UA and CO

noah May 17, 2012 10:36 am

Passenger to GA/FA etc

"I'm never flying United again"

emanon256 May 17, 2012 10:54 am

Heard a customer argue with a RCC agent that the gate agent told her she could us the RCC for free since her flight was delayed.

axl May 17, 2012 11:03 am

Prior to departure, a passenger upgraded themselves to E+, told the flight attendant that he wasn't moving, and then told her to 'do what you gotta do' when she insisted he move. When I went back to chat with him, he told me that "I used to be a premier flyer so United owes me this seat". Turns out he chose wisely and went back to his ticketed seat vs taking the seat in the boarding area.:rolleyes:

aacharya May 17, 2012 11:05 am

Originally Posted by axl (Post 18593371)
Prior to departure, a passenger upgraded themselves to E+, told the flight attendant that he wasn't moving, and then told her to 'do what you gotta do' when she insisted he move. When I went back to chat with him, he told me that "I used to be a premier flyer so United owes me this seat". Turns out he chose wisely and went back to his ticketed seat vs taking the seat in the boarding area.:rolleyes:

That's more "DYKWIA" or technically "DYKWIW" versus a "whopper" or "lie".

But I guess all are welcome in this thread before it closes.

axl May 17, 2012 11:11 am

Originally Posted by aacharya (Post 18593377)
That's more "DYKWIA" or technically "DYKWIW" versus a "whopper" or "lie".

But I guess all are welcome in this thread before it closes.

I figured that since the thread that inspired this one got so off topic that I would follow the spirit of that thread.

Don't You Know Who and/or What I Say I Used To Be?

Heck, UCH apparently feels that they don't owe anything to their current 'premiers', much less has been premiers :p

SFO777 May 17, 2012 11:16 am

"United serves the best in flight meals."

Hachiko May 17, 2012 11:28 am

Originally Posted by noah (Post 18593187)
Passenger to GA/FA etc

"You tell United I'm never connecting through Houston again!" Sure, I'll just call up Jeffs direct line and let him know, what was your name sir?

dayone May 17, 2012 11:38 am

Great thread. Thank you for posting.

ryan-twob May 17, 2012 11:44 am

Originally Posted by noah (Post 18593187)
Passenger to GA/FA etc

I did this on delta a couple years ago (post NW merger) at check-in as a top tier elite. Then I ripped my boarding pass, walked over to AA and bought a one way ticket on their next flight to my destination and have never flown Delta again except one time to burn miles.

ualict May 17, 2012 11:47 am

My CPU cleared on a recent flight from SEA to DEN and my seatmate was a well dressed older lady. Right after I sat down she commented to me, "Sir, I think you're in the wrong seat, this is first class and they don't allow teenagers here." Without saying a word I simply showed her my boarding pass and that was that. I guess I should take it as a compliment that at 25 years old I still look like a teenager...