Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Post flight Surveys: Who's received one? Do you respond?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2019, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Post flight Surveys: Who's received one? Do you respond?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Just got this into my inbox, sounds like they really are listening (or at least I'll allow my ego that indulgence ) (emphasis is mine).

(And thanks again to UA Insider for the reply up-thread)

Change is good – especially when it comes as a result of listening to our customers. We're proud to introduce our new post-flight survey focused on what matters most to you.

Launched this month, the new survey is a reflection of the things you told us you valued: a simple, more streamlined survey experience, the ability to choose which aspects of your journey you want to tell us about, and assurance that your feedback will lead to action.

The new survey only takes two to three minutes to complete, and we've optimized the format for your mobile device. We've also changed the frequency of the surveys so that you'll no longer be invited to weigh in after every flight. Instead, you'll be receiving a survey at random every few flights.

Coming soon will be an opt-in feature if you'd prefer to provide feedback after every flight. If you would like United to respond to your compliment, comment or complaint please contact our Customer Care team at united.com/feedback.

Enjoy an easier way to make your voice heard. We're listening.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I got this today also.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Sorry to bump a year-old thread, but it's better than starting my own I guess. Does UA use some algorithm to not send you a survey? I haven't flown UA much in the last year or so, but before, I almost always got a survey. I flew LAX-DEN last week. The flight was delayed 45 minutes (no big deal), and the wifi didn't work, which I was hoping to use to get some work done. Again, not a big deal, but I was hoping to fill out the survey to calmly and mildly voice my pretty minor displeasures, and I still never got one.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 11:18 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by char777
.... Does UA use some algorithm to not send you a survey? .....
Posted awhile back
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

We are still e-mailing surveys, but based on feedback, we’ve reduced the frequency and send them randomly so not everyone will get one each time. If you have other questions, please let us know.

Thank you,

-UA Insider
Old Dec 25, 2016, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Posted awhile back
Thanks for moving my post and for giving me an answer!
Old Dec 26, 2016, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just completed one of the new surveys and i like how they give the ability to rank UA against other carriers that I have flown.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 3:20 am

Programs: UA 1K
I've stopped responding after I realized it doesn't increase the chance of receiving those mileageplus targeted offers.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
So filled out a survey today, and find something quite odd.

Filled out about the outbound on a trip I took this weekend. Everything was fine, except for the dissater at check-in (basically, was ignored by an agent waiting for a bag tag in the Premier line, while she took the next person, and completely ignored me, even after I asked if she could tag the bag - other person was in the elite line was clearly not elite, and had an oversized bag that was going to take a while).

Survey starts by asking the flights I want to comment on, and then which parts of the expreience were satisfactory (something like ground service (check-in, security, etc.), in-flight, and onboard features). Since the latter two were satisfactory, I clicked on those. Then was asked about that. When asked if I wanted to add more info. I selected yes, and then only had the option to select the things on-board - no mention of other items, like check in experience.

Is this on purpose to get better scores, or just incompetence? One would think that they'd like to know about the parts that weren't satisfactory, as opposed to (or at least, in addition to) the parts that were. To be honest, that was the point of writing.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 7:01 pm

post flight survey only in first?

It seems like almost after any time I'm in first class, I get an email survey. Those flights are almost always great... it's really pretty rare that I have a bad experience in first. I never seem to get a survey after a flight in coach, which is a much more hit and miss experience...
Old Jun 11, 2017, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by macagain
It seems like almost after any time I'm in first class, I get an email survey. Those flights are almost always great... it's really pretty rare that I have a bad experience in first. I never seem to get a survey after a flight in coach, which is a much more hit and miss experience...
not for me, I get a survey after pretty much every trip now, F or Y, good or not ( a long while back, I used to never get them..speculation here was that at that time, you only got a survey if you flew non-stop, and I almost always am doing connections). Many of them start with..."we're sorry about the delay you experienced on your trip to XXX".
Old Jun 11, 2017, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I used to get it after every trip. It stopped for a while, as we know. Then it started again recently. I don't see a pattern on when I get it.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 3:19 pm

I consistently get one (and always fill it out) when flying with my wife (who requires an aisle chair to board), have never gotten one when flying by myself. We only fly a few times a year these days, though.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
I seem to always get them if my flight is delayed, otherwise no survey. I generally fill it out if the delay was handled especially well or especially poorly, no point in making the effort just to say everything was average!
Old Jun 12, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: None anymore
I got one for every single flight last year. This year I've only gotten one so far.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Clockwork flight. Survey

F up from start to finish. No survey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.