Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Post flight Surveys: Who's received one? Do you respond?

Post flight Surveys: Who's received one? Do you respond?

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 8, 19, 7:10 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 22, 16, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond; United 1K (domestic). Hertz Presidents Circle
Not getting survey emails anymore?

For my past four trips (starting on September 11th through yesterday) I haven't received a single survey email... anyone else seeing this or know what I need to do to "get them back"?

For the trip on September 11th I thought it may have something to do was traveling with a coworker (different PNRs but identical itineraries) -- he received the surveys, I did not.

I was traveling completely solo on this week's trip. I checked our Barracuda which sees all of the inbound mail to any of our domains and nothing survey related has come our way except for the aforementioned surveys to the coworker so it's definitely not a firewall/spam filter issue on our end.

(Part of the reason I'm irked that I haven't seen anything is on two of the four trips I have positive feedback about UA agent's that's not so positive to warrant a 1KV email, but still I'd like to do the "anyone to recognize today" thing at the end of the survey. And one of the E145 cabins was in particularly deplorable condition.
Old Sep 22, 16, 8:39 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
I've gotten them recently and in a new html/html5, et al, format. They use Qualtrics so there may have been an upgrade/modification to the subscription and hasn't gotten out to everyone yet.
Old Sep 22, 16, 9:52 am

Programs: United Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Come to think of it, I don't think I've received any survey requests for at least my last 5 or 6 trips. Maybe they're doing them on only a sample of customers?
Old Sep 22, 16, 9:57 am

Programs: UA MP (1K, 1MM)
I received one for each of my flights this past weekend, 9/16 and 9/18.

Maybe United is unhappy with your responses and put you on a blacklist? ;-)
Old Sep 22, 16, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER View Post
Come to think of it, I don't think I've received any survey requests for at least my last 5 or 6 trips. Maybe they're doing them on only a sample of customers?
It's possible, like Hilton, but it seems odd that I went from every trip without fail to 0%

Originally Posted by SFHokie View Post
I received one for each of my flights this past weekend, 9/16 and 9/18.

Maybe United is unhappy with your responses and put you on a blacklist? ;-)
Now that thought had definitely crossed my mind
Old Sep 22, 16, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER View Post
Were the flights delayed? I firmly believe that the closer to scheduled arrival time you land the greater chance you have of receiving a survey.
Old Sep 22, 16, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by milepig View Post
Were the flights delayed? I firmly believe that the closer to scheduled arrival time you land the greater chance you have of receiving a survey.
That's a really funny observation because with one exception, each of my flights during the time in question arrived >15 minutes early (the exception was only 6 minutes late). Two even managed to depart >10 minutes ahead of schedule.
Old Sep 22, 16, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K & 0.55 MM
I haven't gotten a post-flight survey email regularly for at least three years now.

Seven years back, I used to get them every single time. Primarily as a domestic leisure traveler. (1K to Gold to kettle)

Now that I am an international business traveler (Plat to 1K, depending on the year), I never get a survey. I mean never. Which is a bummer, because by and large I have had very good experiences, and some truly stellar ones.
Old Sep 22, 16, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I got one for yesterday's flight, but come to think of it I think I missed a few from the last couple weeks. Possible their server went down for a bit and dropped the survey invitations.
Old Sep 22, 16, 12:00 pm

Programs: United Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by milepig View Post
The vast majority of my flights have been on schedule.
Old Sep 22, 16, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I've noticed that I've been getting them less often. I haven't had one in months. I had received one that was Qualtrics based, so I'm in that system.

I'm off pace too from last year, so that you'd think that they might hit me more, not less.

I did get an email today about apply a GPU to a flight, where I have already had a GPU clear....
Old Sep 22, 16, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA GOLD (1MM)
I hadn't received any in quite some time but got 2 after my last 2 trips - on the first one, the first question was "was your trip for business or pleasure?" - when I answered "pleasure" the survey ended - guess that tells us something...
Old Sep 22, 16, 3:18 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Hi everyone,

We are still e-mailing surveys, but based on feedback, we’ve reduced the frequency and send them randomly so not everyone will get one each time. If you have other questions, please let us know.

Thank you,

-UA Insider
Old Sep 22, 16, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA Insider View Post
Hi everyone,

We are still e-mailing surveys, but based on feedback, we’ve reduced the frequency and send them randomly so not everyone will get one each time. If you have other questions, please let us know.

Thank you,

-UA Insider
Wow, a reply to my question from UA Insider, I feel honored Thanks!

This is probably a stupid question, but if I actually wanted to get a survey every time, I don't suppose there's a way to "sign up" for that? I know for other companies, it feels like I only get surveys after unremarkable experiences -- never on a very good or very bad one.
Old Sep 22, 16, 7:21 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc View Post
... if I actually wanted to get a survey every time, I don't suppose there's a way to "sign up" for that? ....
A self selection like that could be a problem for integrity of the random selection process. You can always provide feedback using the Customer Care system.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: