FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post flight Surveys: Who's received one? Do you respond?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 8:59 am
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
So filled out a survey today, and find something quite odd.

Filled out about the outbound on a trip I took this weekend. Everything was fine, except for the dissater at check-in (basically, was ignored by an agent waiting for a bag tag in the Premier line, while she took the next person, and completely ignored me, even after I asked if she could tag the bag - other person was in the elite line was clearly not elite, and had an oversized bag that was going to take a while).

Survey starts by asking the flights I want to comment on, and then which parts of the expreience were satisfactory (something like ground service (check-in, security, etc.), in-flight, and onboard features). Since the latter two were satisfactory, I clicked on those. Then was asked about that. When asked if I wanted to add more info. I selected yes, and then only had the option to select the things on-board - no mention of other items, like check in experience.

Is this on purpose to get better scores, or just incompetence? One would think that they'd like to know about the parts that weren't satisfactory, as opposed to (or at least, in addition to) the parts that were. To be honest, that was the point of writing.