Old Jul 13, 2012, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
A couple of discussions:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...o-checked.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...n-journey.html
Old Jul 13, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by river_rower

I normally fly internationally so maybe this is an old feature that does not apply to international PNR's, but it is a change I do like!
I had it happen on my most recent international flight.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
This was around for a while on CO. I can't remember the last time I checked in for a return flight.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
I know it has been around on the UA side since at least early May.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Please stop the auto check-in

UA - it's well documented that there's a glitch that re-assigns seats during the auto-checkin process (it's still occurring by the way). The simple work around is to simply un-check the auto checkin function.

Apparently your systems are circumventing that and now just checking folks in automatically for return flights. Please stop. It's annoying. It's unnecessary. And I'm getting really fed up getting knocked out of my pre-selected E+ seats.

If I wanted to not fit my 6'3" frame in a standard coach seat, I'd fly WN and pay less money.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 5:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by belynch
UA - it's well documented that there's a glitch that re-assigns seats during the auto-checkin process (it's still occurring by the way). The simple work around is to simply un-check the auto checkin function.

Apparently your systems are circumventing that and now just checking folks in automatically for return flights. Please stop. It's annoying. It's unnecessary. And I'm getting really fed up getting knocked out of my pre-selected E+ seats.

If I wanted to not fit my 6'3" frame in a standard coach seat, I'd fly WN and pay less money.
Agreed. Same thing has been happening to me.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:43 pm

Programs: 2012 Plat-2013 Plat-2014 Silver-2015 GM
Originally Posted by belynch

Happened to me today on an ATL-DEN flight. Fortunately I didn't lose my Exit Row seat. BUT, due to auto check in, the kiosk couldn't locate my reservation. It said No Reservation could be found. What a flippin mess. I just shake my head every step of the way on every trip. It's abysmal.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Interestingly enough, on my last trip, finally, I was able to check in on the iOS app without having auto-check in automatically go. I did the same thing as I always do - check in like normal, and before selecting my mobile BP, I unchecked the auto-chekin for return journey (or whatever it says) box. Usually, it auto-checks me in, anyway. This time it didn't.

As for the seats changing, I've never had that happen to me.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA plat, HH, Marriott Platinum,
confused re: domestic upgrades

I flew from LGA to IAH on Monday and was awarded the complimentary upgrade. Flying back 3 days later I went to the UAL web site to see how many FC seats were available. There were 4 (less than 24 hours out), so I clicked on the icon to see how much to upgrade. It said that I was already checked in to my Economy plus seat. I called the agent and told her that I never checked in- and she said ok- we can then upgrade you into FC. She said that I probably checked in on the inbound- but I do not recall doing so. Maybe a snafu? I want to make sure that I do not do this again- in case I did something wrong with check in at the kiosk on the inbound flight. Thnx
Old Mar 20, 2013, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
It almost always has you auto-check in.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 1:23 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by kalagapp
I flew from LGA to IAH on Monday and was awarded the complimentary upgrade. Flying back 3 days later I went to the UAL web site to see how many FC seats were available. There were 4 (less than 24 hours out), so I clicked on the icon to see how much to upgrade. It said that I was already checked in to my Economy plus seat. I called the agent and told her that I never checked in- and she said ok- we can then upgrade you into FC. She said that I probably checked in on the inbound- but I do not recall doing so. Maybe a snafu? I want to make sure that I do not do this again- in case I did something wrong with check in at the kiosk on the inbound flight. Thnx
Bolding mine: I'm not sure about using the kiosk for checking in but if you check-in on-line, there is a "do you want to be auto checked-in for your return flight" (or something similar) box which if you make sure it is un-checked, that will solve your problem

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.