Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Random seat changes to UA itineraries after they are booked & purchased [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Random seat changes to UA itineraries after they are booked & purchased [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: None no more
Confirmed seat assignment changed again!

Last three consecutive flights to/from GIG my seat has been changed from confirmed 1D to some crappy window seat further back in Polaris in the last 48 hours before flight time. Yes, I am aware of equipment changes and possible seat changes. However, if there were equipment changes in all three cases, the change was from "old" 763's to the same. Frustrated with this happening on all of the last three flights. Curious why this is happening consistently?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by zackery149
Last three consecutive flights to/from GIG my seat has been changed from confirmed 1D to some crappy window seat further back in Polaris in the last 48 hours before flight time. Yes, I am aware of equipment changes and possible seat changes. However, if there were equipment changes in all three cases, the change was from "old" 763's to the same. Frustrated with this happening on all of the last three flights. Curious why this is happening consistently?
Always 1D? Seems pretty close to the pilots. Air Marshall?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: None no more
Two times chose 1D , third was 2D, all changed. Last time I checked and the person in my seat certainly did not look like a marshal but who knows. Third flight is tonight GIG - IAD.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:21 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Two times chose 1D , third was 2D, all changed. Last time I checked and the person in my seat certainly did not look like a marshal but who knows. Third flight is tonight GIG - IAD.
Does UA fly GIG-IAD nonstop? I thought it was always GRU-IAD?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Last time I checked and the person in my seat certainly did not look like a marshal but who knows.
Isn’t that the point? :-)
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Isn’t that the point? :-)
Not really. They're usually pretty easy to spot.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:26 am

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
My experience with last minute equipment swaps is that if the tail number changes, even between the same equipment type, UA's IT doesn't necessarily put you back into the same seat. Not sure why but I've had it happen to me a few times.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Actually signed up to inquire about this issue, as it happened again to me just this week. Seems to happen every time I have two segments with the same flight number. This week was 1126 IAH-DEN and DEN-ANC.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
Not really. They're usually pretty easy to spot.
The only time my wife and I were on a flight where the marshals needed to intervene and in the process identified themselves, my wife had spotted them as soon as we boarded the plane. For some reason, they don't like the weirdness of some married passengers who like to take two windows four rows apart in Business Class in a 1-2-1 configuration. Anyways, the event they had to intervene in was 30 rows behind ours.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:05 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Very frustrating! Just lost 2A on IAD-MUC, changed to 1C, and 6J on MUC-IAD, changed to 6H and of course res has no idea why this happened...
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:38 am

My wife just went on the United website to check in for a flight tomorrow and saw that her seat got changed. This time from an E- window seat to an E-middle seat. When she called res, the asked her for proof of her seat assignment, which she did not have, but I did. They then put her in an E+ window seat, but could not explain why she had had her seat changed in the first place.

The outcome was good but I’m very dissatisfied with the fact that this happens at all and no one can explain how, though I think it might be that res wanted to seat some family members together and just moved my wife’s seat, either to a temporary placeholder or just thinking that maybe she’d just roll with it. She would not have. Did I mention she’s a redhead, black belt, Taurus, and the older child?

FAB
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Something strange is going on with UA, as this morning (on my way to the airport) I got an alert of an aircraft change, 145 to a 145... Lots of confused passengers with B seats, which didn't exist on our airplane (A-CD).
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Something strange is going on with UA, as this morning (on my way to the airport) I got an alert of an aircraft change, 145 to a 145... Lots of confused passengers with B seats, which didn't exist on our airplane (A-CD).
Aren't there a couple "blue tails" floating around the UAEX fleets that can pretend to be a United/Delta/American aircraft depending on where that express airline is short in fully-liveried aircraft. I seem to recall having a (Trans States?) E145 a year or two ago that was completely generic inside and out and had sequential row numbering (with the exit at what was it, 12 or 14?) and A/B/C seating rather than the United-unique row numbering (with the exit at 18) and A/C/D seating) -- perhaps you had been changed from an aircraft with the "regular" seatmap to the "sub" seatmap or vice-versa
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
This last time was from E+ to E-. Went from 8C to 36B. Luckily was able to snag 9A at the last minute.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Aren't there a couple "blue tails" floating around the UAEX fleets that can pretend to be a United/Delta/American aircraft depending on where that express airline is short in fully-liveried aircraft. I seem to recall having a (Trans States?) E145 a year or two ago that was completely generic inside and out and had sequential row numbering (with the exit at what was it, 12 or 14?) and A/B/C seating rather than the United-unique row numbering (with the exit at 18) and A/C/D seating) -- perhaps you had been changed from an aircraft with the "regular" seatmap to the "sub" seatmap or vice-versa
Certainly possible, but this airplane had UA colors and globe if memory serves.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.