Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA F out of water rations

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: UA G, *G, Global Entry, Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, Hyatt, Starwood etc
You would perhaps like video proof?

Originally Posted by uwr
I don't believe this story. It's absurd.

If they actually ran out of water, they could have gotten it from E.

And there's NO WAY that they would have said that they wanted to save the water for the return trip.

I can't believe that people are swallowing it without question.
Why would you rather believe a father would lie about water being denied to his nursing wife? Do you think he has copious free time on the ground to tell tall tales on Flyer Talk?

Are you a shill for the airline?
Old May 1, 2012, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SLC is in the middle of a very dry desert. When there is not enough water at the airport to go around, we make sure that Delta gets what it wants. The other airlines can then fight for what's left.
Old May 1, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA G, *G, Global Entry, Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, Hyatt, Starwood etc
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
They already do it. On two different long haul flights I walked into the C gallery in the middle of the night and they were filling the large C water bottles from the tap. I would have loved to their the crew bags!
Wow, I thought this had been banned following all those reports about the horrific germs living in aircraft water tanks. I can see boiling the water for coffee, and using it in lavs for handwashing (with the warning about not drinking), but as far as I recall aircraft water storage was deemed not fit for human consumption. Maybe we should be bringing filtration devices onboard with our copious hand luggage allowances (another elite benefit---or fee based amenity?)
Old May 1, 2012, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by landrew
Wow, I thought this had been banned following all those reports about the horrific germs living in aircraft water tanks. I can see boiling the water for coffee, and using it in lavs for handwashing (with the warning about not drinking), but as far as I recall aircraft water storage was deemed not fit for human consumption. Maybe we should be bringing filtration devices onboard with our copious hand luggage allowances (another elite benefit---or fee based amenity?)
When I go backpacking, some of my friends have "pens" that will kill bacteria, viruses, etc to make water drinkable (but the water won't be as tasty as the traditional filters since it doesn't filter dirt or other "objects"). It's called steripens and I might have to buy one for my long haul flights now! Ick!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.