Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2024, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the Club Card was replaced by the Infinite Card, the active thread is Chase United Club Infinite Credit Card

Previous thread Chase MP Club creditcard {Archive}

Related links & threads:Chase United Card Benefits and United Premier Status Benefits

EMV chip + Signature (NOT PIN) enabled cards are now available

United MileagePlus Club Card, 1st Year $395 Annual Fee Waived, Tied to United Status?

Chase United Club Infinite Credit Card --- new offering

Improved Tiebreaker for Upgrades Waitlist
1. Premier Status
2. Fare Class
3. Chase United Club Card Holders
4. Corporate Preferred Members
5. Chase MP Cardholders meeting spend threshold
6. Time of Request
Spoiler

United Club Infinite Card Benefits for 2022

Earn on All Purchases:
  • 4x miles on United purchases
  • 2x miles on all other travel including airfare, trains, local transit, cruise lines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, resorts, ride share services and tolls.
  • 2x miles on dining including eligible delivery services.
  • 1x mile on all other purchases
United Club membership:
  • Up to a $650 value per year. Relax in comfort while waiting for your flight with complimentary beverages, snacks, high-speed Wi-Fi and more.

Credit card travel benefits:
  • Free first and second checked bags
  • For you and a companion, save up to $320 per roundtrip.
  • Premier Access® travel services
  • Priority check-in, security, boarding, and baggage handling (where available).
  • Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® fee credit
  • 25% back on United inflight purchases
  • No foreign transaction fees
MileagePlus program benefits:
  • Earn up to 4,000 Premier qualifying points
  • Effective January 1, 2022, you’ll earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 you spend on purchases (up to 4,000 PQP in a calendar year) that can be applied toward your Premier status qualification, up to the Premier 1K level. (N.B., Does not count for PQP only 1K qualification)
  • NEW: Save 10% on United Economy Saver Awards on United and United Express flights when traveling within the continental U.S. or between the continental U.S. and Canada.
  • No blackout dates for MileagePlus members booking award flights on United.
  • MileagePlus miles don't expire

Protection benefits:
  • Travel and purchase coverage
  • Travel and shop with confidence with built-in benefits including Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Purchase Protection and more.

Other benefits:
  • Complimentary DashPass from DoorDash
  • Your card unlocks a year of complimentary DashPass, meaning you’ll get unlimited delivery from the places you love with $0 delivery fees and lower service fees on eligible orders of $12 or more. After that, you are automatically enrolled in DashPass at the current monthly rate.
  • NEW: IHG Rewards Platinum Elite status
  • Starting in 2022, you will be eligible for Platinum Elite status in IHG Rewards. Plus, receive up to $75 in statement credits as reimbursement for IHG® Hotels and Resorts purchases charged to your card in 2022.
  • Cardmembers can register here: https://promo.united.com/offers/ihgstatus
  • NEW: $70 discount on CLEAR® membership. Plus earn 10,000 bonus miles if you sign up for CLEAR membership by June 30, 2022.
  • Luxury Hotels & Resort Collection:
  • Receive complimentary Cardmember benefits at luxury hotels and resorts worldwide.
Exclusive Cardmember events:
  • Purchase or use miles for unique experiences offered by United Card Events from Chase and United MileagePlus Exclusives.

Annual fee:
Previous Benefits:

Easier path to status for primary cardholders
  • Four UA operated segment requirement waived removed in 2020
  • With $25K annual spend, PQD requirements waived for Plat or lower status removed in 2020
  • Earn 500 PQP for each $12,000 spent, up to 1,000 PQP -- New for 2020

Travel Benefits
Rewards
  • Earn Miles on Every Purchase (1.5 miles per $1 spent on every purchase. and a total of 2 miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased from United)
  • Complimentary Upgrades on Award Tickets for Premier Members (primary Cardmember)
  • No Close-in Award Travel Booking Fees
  • Any Seat, Any Time, With Your Miles
  • Miles Don't Expire
  • Award Travel on Star Alliance (based on inventory availability)
  • Car and Hotel Awards
  • Access to Merchandise purchasing with miles

Travel Protection
  • Baggage Delay Insurance
  • Lost Luggage Reimbursement
  • Trip Delay Reimbursement
  • Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance
  • Emergency Evacuation & Transportation
  • Travel Accident Insurance
  • Travel & Emergency Assistance Services
  • Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver

Purchase Protection
  • Extended Warranty Protection
  • Price Protection
  • Purchase Protection
  • Return Protection
Cell Phone Protection (theft / damage) (starting Nov 2019

Announcement 27 March 2012
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Everyone, obviously I'm a lilttle late to the game here, but, as you can see, today we’ll officially be introducing the new United MileagePlus Club Card. I know there’s been speculation on this, and I’m sure there will be follow-up questions. To start, here are some key highlights of the United MileagePlus Club Card:
  • As the card name suggests, a full United Club membership is included. If you already have a United Club membership, once approved for the card, you’ll be refunded for any unused portion of your membership as long as the refund is $15 or more (the refund is applicable to annual and three year memberships)

• There are some key benefits, too. Just like our Presidential Plus Card, the new Club Card is designed to enhance your total travel experience. Here’s a list of the benefits (details for each can be found here):
  • Earn 50% more miles on ALL purchases. This is a new benefit. Cardmembers will earn at least 50% more miles on all purchases with the new Club Card. Specifically, for each $1 spent, Cardmembers will earn 1.5 miles, and when purchasing United tickets, the miles jump to 2 miles for every $1 spent on tickets
  • Free first and second standard checked bags for the Cardmember and one companion
  • Premier Access travel services, including priority check-in, security, boarding and baggage handling
  • Book award tickets close to the departure date without a fee. We’ll waive the fee for booking award tickets 21 days or less prior to departure. This benefit is reserved for certain Cardmembers and certain Premier levels
  • Get complimentary upgrades on award tickets (applicable for Premier members). Cardmembers who are also Premier members will be eligible to receive their complimentary upgrade benefits (where available) even when traveling on an award ticket in economy class
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • Cardmembers will have access to last-seat award availability (applicable to general members)
  • As a Cardmember, miles don’t expire
  • Invitation to special Avis benefits and Hyatt Platinum Elite status
  • Inside Access from Chase. As a Cardmember, you will be delighted with opportunities to attend private, curated, once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Visit InsideAccess.com to learn about upcoming events
  • Access to the Chase’s Luxury Hotels and Resorts Collection special rates and benefits
  • Premier travel and purchase protection, including primary auto rental collision damage coverage
  • 24/7 Concierge Services

For those of you who already have a credit card with Chase, here’s some more information:

• Already have a Mileage Plus Club Visa Card? You’ll find that the key differences are that the new Club Card has the added benefits of free checked bags, Premier Access, 50% mileage bonus on all purchases, award tickets close to departure date without a fee and complimentary upgrades on award tickets (applicable for Premier members where available). The new Club Card does not award Premier Qualifying Miles for purchases. More specific information about your current card and the new Club Card will arrive in the mail in late April

• Already have the Presidential Plus Card? The key difference is that the Presidential Plus Card awards Flexible Premier Qualifying Miles for purchases whereas the new Club Card awards a 50% mileage bonus on all purchases. Both cards earn 2 miles for every $1 spent on United tickets. If you’re interested in changing over to the new Club Card, simply call the number on the back of your current card to discuss your options. While the Presidential Plus Card and its benefits will continue, we are not taking any additional applications for new Presidential Plus accounts

• Already have another United card from Chase? If you currently have another United card from Chase and want to switch, call the number on the back of your current card to discuss your options

For a full list of details, and to apply for the new Club Card, please visit MileagePlusClub.com.

As always, please let us know your questions.

Shannon Kelly
Director, Customer Insights[
United Airlines
How long after applying for the card before I have UC access?
Chase / UA states (Offer Details)
Please allow 2 weeks after account open date for the United Club membership to activate
but it usually is quicker. At UCs, much of the time they will see it in under a week. *A lounges may require the physical card which may take 4-6 weeks. Those accepting the virtual card should work about the same as UCs.

For comparison see PresidentialPlus credit card - Benefits, Q&A, ....[2014-2015]
and Chase MP Explorer Card (Q&A, Benefits, Bonuses, Discussion, ....)
Print Wikipost

Chase MP Club credit card {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by trekwars2000
There is no fee if you have the Credit Card and there is no fee at certain status levels. I think it was referencing that that benefit is only available to certain elite levels as well as the CC holder now.
would this appply to anyone on the reservation or just the card holder...?

thoughts !!
Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sweetsue
would this appply to anyone on the reservation or just the card holder...?

thoughts !!
Anyone in the reservation, as it's assumed those miles came from the cardholder's account. (Otherwise the other traveler would be on a different PNR).
Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:33 am

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by ric_wx
+3 on this. UA Insider received a detailed PM from me on this subject last week, extremely frustrated that my present UA MP Visa card is uniformly rejected across Europe due to lack of chip and pin.

This is a product targeted at elite business travelers, hence the $395 fee. I could do with less of the gimmicks and appreciate some functionality I really can use.

I may not have GS with UAL, but I am pretty sure I have it with Chase, and I am actively looking to replace my card before my next tip overseas in April. I need to act fast and Chase/UA is on the precipice of losing my business here.
I have used my CO Presidential Plus MasterCard in several places in Europe with no problem. Although the card doesn't have a chip, it has a PIN. I've never had a problem entering that PIN into the handheld credit card processing machine. It is processed like the European cards with the chip in them.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:51 am

Got my card yesterday...

Here is a summarized list of a few of the benefits showing the Flex EQM's at 1,000 per $5,000 spent. Can someone fill me in on what Flex EQM's are?

Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by kwildnj
Chase should notify UA within 5 days of card approval, which will allow you access to UA clubs with your Mileage Plus number and photo ID while waiting for the card.

I would reccomend calling UA's club line when you get the credit card, just to make sure things were updated properly. I did not do this, and after being approved for the card on 2/15, I called in around 3/10, and United knew nothing. It took 6 calls back and forth to both Chase and United to get things right.

I will say Chase took care of me, first applying the Annual Fee from my Mileage Plus Explorer Card, but then after call number six, they refunded the remaining 300 (395-95 for being a new cardholder) which was in addition to the 95.00.
When I originally upgraded to the club card, I had a flight a couple days later. I called Chase after upgrading, and they called UA and talked to them. Had my RCC membership activated that day and was good to go. ^

The new benefits haven't kicked in on my Club Visa. Chase said it may actually take several weeks for that to happen.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by OreD
Here is a summarized list of a few of the benefits showing the Flex EQM's at 1,000 per $5,000 spent. Can someone fill me in on what Flex EQM's are?

Oops. Look like an early draft of the Club Card letter got out since it's supposed to have no FEQMs.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
Question for UA Insider re: Carrying Both PPlus & MileagePlus Club Cards

UA Insider / Shannon: I'm a legacy PPlus card holder that I use for business. I enjoy the FEQMs because I can't always get to Platinum BIS every year; so I am going to keep this card as long as it is offered.

Yesterday, I also applied for the new Mileageplus Club Card, because the 1.5 miles per $ spent is an extremely attractive feature given heavy $50k monthly CC spend. I'll use the new card far more often than the PPlus card, but both are worth having in the wallet (to first keep FEQMs handy and then to focus on maximizing miles at the 1.5 level).

Question: Can I keep both cards indefinitely, and do I have to pay $395/yr for each; or is there a credit offered for one of the cards, since the bulk of the $395 supposedly it for the club membership; which I would be paying for twice?

Thanks,
Robert
Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AA 2MM
Originally Posted by 14940674
This is due to the way that Chase and other card issuers interpret the Credit CARD Act. They view the act's prohibition on annual fee increases in the first year as also applying when upgrading you to a card with a higher annual fee. Since the Club Card has a higher annual fee than the Explorer Card, you have to wait a year before upgrading on the same account.
Thanks for that info. I guess the question for me becomes whether to wait 10 months or go ahead and get the Club card now and wait to cancel the Explorer in 10 months.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by av8r316
This is really a separate issue from this thread, but I've also noticed my PQMs from the card haven't posted all year. I can confirm the benefit still exists, as I checked the program details last night on my Chase account and the literature now references PQM.
Anyone know what happens to the old UA cards that had EQMs (OK, PQMs) for purchases on United.com? Those 5K EQMS were a nice benefit.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by rgrunnah
UA Insider / Shannon: I'm a legacy PPlus card holder that I use for business. I enjoy the FEQMs because I can't always get to Platinum BIS every year; so I am going to keep this card as long as it is offered.

Yesterday, I also applied for the new Mileageplus Club Card, because the 1.5 miles per $ spent is an extremely attractive feature given heavy $50k monthly CC spend. I'll use the new card far more often than the PPlus card, but both are worth having in the wallet (to first keep FEQMs handy and then to focus on maximizing miles at the 1.5 level).

Question: Can I keep both cards indefinitely, and do I have to pay $395/yr for each; or is there a credit offered for one of the cards, since the bulk of the $395 supposedly it for the club membership; which I would be paying for twice?

Thanks,
Robert
Add on to rgrunnah's question:

If your intention is only to keep the new card and get rid of the old one, how long after closing the old account do you have to contact/edit all the places you stored the old card number? Can charges from the old card be tranferred to the new one for a period of time (since they're both managed by Chase)?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by skipmnyc
Actually, you can't even buy a ticket at the counter .. the machines there have the swipe slot covered. I had to pay cash for my ticket from AMS Central to Brussels. In fact, I could not use the card anywhere in Amsterdam, the Hague or Rotterdam, except at my hotel. This is a recent thing, at least in the Netherlands. A real downer and hugely inconvenient. I am looking for a chip and pin card now.
This was completely my experience. It was cash or nothing for most Netherlands vendors. I am often times traveling with or entertaining clients, what am I to do other than pull a stack of Euro out of the ATM having no idea how much I will need and then what do I do with whatever is left over when I am gone? Expense reports get complicated too. It's not just a simple inconvenience, nor am I going to wait for the next byzantine experience to make my change.

Sure wish someone at Chase would help out on this, lest my option is to take out another card I otherwise don't need with another annual fee I don't want to pay in order to do business in Europe.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:09 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
For those looking for Chip-and-Signature/PIN, there are a lot more alternatives now than two years ago:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...signature.html

I highly suggest the Andrews FCU GlobeTrek VISA card as it has no annual fee and is true Chip-and-PIN card instead of a half baked Chip-and-Signature solution. Downside is that it has a 1% forex rate, but it's probably the best alternative card to be carrying for overseas use as of today in conjuction with a no forex card like CapOne.

Last edited by kebosabi; Mar 29, 2012 at 11:20 am
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by 14940674
This is due to the way that Chase and other card issuers interpret the Credit CARD Act. They view the act's prohibition on annual fee increases in the first year as also applying when upgrading you to a card with a higher annual fee. Since the Club Card has a higher annual fee than the Explorer Card, you have to wait a year before upgrading on the same account.
Would I have the same issue converting a fee-waived Presidential Plus card to the new Club card then? I've had my card less than a year.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by sshank
Anyone know what happens to the old UA cards that had EQMs (OK, PQMs) for purchases on United.com? Those 5K EQMS were a nice benefit.
The legacy Platinum and Select Chase cards are grandfathered in and AFAIK all benefits will continue to be honored including EQM earnings.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Platinum, 2MM since 1981, MAR Lifetime Plat, IHG Plat Amb. Global Entry
Originally Posted by warreng24
It works best if you log in to your account and send a secure message via the Chase online messaging system. Just mention that you're a 1K and you want your 60$ annual fee credit. It used to be a 140$ credit for just 1 specific card, but its been reduced to 60$ (supposedly for any card)

See this thread for more information:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ed-2009-a.html

I was just informed by Chase that:

United sends us the 1k information for clients the end of April. I will monitor your account through then for the $60.00 credit as you informed me of your 1k United status.

Best Regards,
xxxxxxxxx

I guess we will see how that works post merger. It was never a benefit with PMCO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.