Old Feb 3, 2024, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the Club Card was replaced by the Infinite Card, the active thread is Chase United Club Infinite Credit Card

Previous thread Chase MP Club creditcard {Archive}

Related links & threads:Chase United Card Benefits and United Premier Status Benefits

EMV chip + Signature (NOT PIN) enabled cards are now available

United MileagePlus Club Card, 1st Year $395 Annual Fee Waived, Tied to United Status?

Chase United Club Infinite Credit Card --- new offering

Improved Tiebreaker for Upgrades Waitlist
1. Premier Status
2. Fare Class
3. Chase United Club Card Holders
4. Corporate Preferred Members
5. Chase MP Cardholders meeting spend threshold
6. Time of Request
Spoiler

United Club Infinite Card Benefits for 2022

Earn on All Purchases:
  • 4x miles on United purchases
  • 2x miles on all other travel including airfare, trains, local transit, cruise lines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, resorts, ride share services and tolls.
  • 2x miles on dining including eligible delivery services.
  • 1x mile on all other purchases
United Club membership:
  • Up to a $650 value per year. Relax in comfort while waiting for your flight with complimentary beverages, snacks, high-speed Wi-Fi and more.

Credit card travel benefits:
  • Free first and second checked bags
  • For you and a companion, save up to $320 per roundtrip.
  • Premier Access® travel services
  • Priority check-in, security, boarding, and baggage handling (where available).
  • Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® fee credit
  • 25% back on United inflight purchases
  • No foreign transaction fees
MileagePlus program benefits:
  • Earn up to 4,000 Premier qualifying points
  • Effective January 1, 2022, you’ll earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 you spend on purchases (up to 4,000 PQP in a calendar year) that can be applied toward your Premier status qualification, up to the Premier 1K level. (N.B., Does not count for PQP only 1K qualification)
  • NEW: Save 10% on United Economy Saver Awards on United and United Express flights when traveling within the continental U.S. or between the continental U.S. and Canada.
  • No blackout dates for MileagePlus members booking award flights on United.
  • MileagePlus miles don't expire

Protection benefits:
  • Travel and purchase coverage
  • Travel and shop with confidence with built-in benefits including Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Purchase Protection and more.

Other benefits:
  • Complimentary DashPass from DoorDash
  • Your card unlocks a year of complimentary DashPass, meaning you’ll get unlimited delivery from the places you love with $0 delivery fees and lower service fees on eligible orders of $12 or more. After that, you are automatically enrolled in DashPass at the current monthly rate.
  • NEW: IHG Rewards Platinum Elite status
  • Starting in 2022, you will be eligible for Platinum Elite status in IHG Rewards. Plus, receive up to $75 in statement credits as reimbursement for IHG® Hotels and Resorts purchases charged to your card in 2022.
  • Cardmembers can register here: https://promo.united.com/offers/ihgstatus
  • NEW: $70 discount on CLEAR® membership. Plus earn 10,000 bonus miles if you sign up for CLEAR membership by June 30, 2022.
  • Luxury Hotels & Resort Collection:
  • Receive complimentary Cardmember benefits at luxury hotels and resorts worldwide.
Exclusive Cardmember events:
  • Purchase or use miles for unique experiences offered by United Card Events from Chase and United MileagePlus Exclusives.

Annual fee:
Previous Benefits:

Easier path to status for primary cardholders
  • Four UA operated segment requirement waived removed in 2020
  • With $25K annual spend, PQD requirements waived for Plat or lower status removed in 2020
  • Earn 500 PQP for each $12,000 spent, up to 1,000 PQP -- New for 2020

Travel Benefits
Rewards
  • Earn Miles on Every Purchase (1.5 miles per $1 spent on every purchase. and a total of 2 miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased from United)
  • Complimentary Upgrades on Award Tickets for Premier Members (primary Cardmember)
  • No Close-in Award Travel Booking Fees
  • Any Seat, Any Time, With Your Miles
  • Miles Don't Expire
  • Award Travel on Star Alliance (based on inventory availability)
  • Car and Hotel Awards
  • Access to Merchandise purchasing with miles

Travel Protection
  • Baggage Delay Insurance
  • Lost Luggage Reimbursement
  • Trip Delay Reimbursement
  • Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance
  • Emergency Evacuation & Transportation
  • Travel Accident Insurance
  • Travel & Emergency Assistance Services
  • Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver

Purchase Protection
  • Extended Warranty Protection
  • Price Protection
  • Purchase Protection
  • Return Protection
Cell Phone Protection (theft / damage) (starting Nov 2019

Announcement 27 March 2012
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Everyone, obviously I'm a lilttle late to the game here, but, as you can see, today we’ll officially be introducing the new United MileagePlus Club Card. I know there’s been speculation on this, and I’m sure there will be follow-up questions. To start, here are some key highlights of the United MileagePlus Club Card:
  • As the card name suggests, a full United Club membership is included. If you already have a United Club membership, once approved for the card, you’ll be refunded for any unused portion of your membership as long as the refund is $15 or more (the refund is applicable to annual and three year memberships)

• There are some key benefits, too. Just like our Presidential Plus Card, the new Club Card is designed to enhance your total travel experience. Here’s a list of the benefits (details for each can be found here):
  • Earn 50% more miles on ALL purchases. This is a new benefit. Cardmembers will earn at least 50% more miles on all purchases with the new Club Card. Specifically, for each $1 spent, Cardmembers will earn 1.5 miles, and when purchasing United tickets, the miles jump to 2 miles for every $1 spent on tickets
  • Free first and second standard checked bags for the Cardmember and one companion
  • Premier Access travel services, including priority check-in, security, boarding and baggage handling
  • Book award tickets close to the departure date without a fee. We’ll waive the fee for booking award tickets 21 days or less prior to departure. This benefit is reserved for certain Cardmembers and certain Premier levels
  • Get complimentary upgrades on award tickets (applicable for Premier members). Cardmembers who are also Premier members will be eligible to receive their complimentary upgrade benefits (where available) even when traveling on an award ticket in economy class
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • Cardmembers will have access to last-seat award availability (applicable to general members)
  • As a Cardmember, miles don’t expire
  • Invitation to special Avis benefits and Hyatt Platinum Elite status
  • Inside Access from Chase. As a Cardmember, you will be delighted with opportunities to attend private, curated, once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Visit InsideAccess.com to learn about upcoming events
  • Access to the Chase’s Luxury Hotels and Resorts Collection special rates and benefits
  • Premier travel and purchase protection, including primary auto rental collision damage coverage
  • 24/7 Concierge Services

For those of you who already have a credit card with Chase, here’s some more information:

• Already have a Mileage Plus Club Visa Card? You’ll find that the key differences are that the new Club Card has the added benefits of free checked bags, Premier Access, 50% mileage bonus on all purchases, award tickets close to departure date without a fee and complimentary upgrades on award tickets (applicable for Premier members where available). The new Club Card does not award Premier Qualifying Miles for purchases. More specific information about your current card and the new Club Card will arrive in the mail in late April

• Already have the Presidential Plus Card? The key difference is that the Presidential Plus Card awards Flexible Premier Qualifying Miles for purchases whereas the new Club Card awards a 50% mileage bonus on all purchases. Both cards earn 2 miles for every $1 spent on United tickets. If you’re interested in changing over to the new Club Card, simply call the number on the back of your current card to discuss your options. While the Presidential Plus Card and its benefits will continue, we are not taking any additional applications for new Presidential Plus accounts

• Already have another United card from Chase? If you currently have another United card from Chase and want to switch, call the number on the back of your current card to discuss your options

For a full list of details, and to apply for the new Club Card, please visit MileagePlusClub.com.

As always, please let us know your questions.

Shannon Kelly
Director, Customer Insights[
United Airlines
How long after applying for the card before I have UC access?
Chase / UA states (Offer Details)
Please allow 2 weeks after account open date for the United Club membership to activate
but it usually is quicker. At UCs, much of the time they will see it in under a week. *A lounges may require the physical card which may take 4-6 weeks. Those accepting the virtual card should work about the same as UCs.

For comparison see PresidentialPlus credit card - Benefits, Q&A, ....[2014-2015]
and Chase MP Explorer Card (Q&A, Benefits, Bonuses, Discussion, ....)
Print Wikipost

Chase MP Club credit card {Archive}

Old Mar 28, 2012, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by mogulskiir
Without a chip you cannot buy a train ticket from AMS to the city unless you have coins for the machine or want to wait in a long ticket line. The machines only take cards with the chip. There are a few other airports with the same problems when trying to buy a ticket across europe as well.
As far as train ticket vending machines at AMS go, it depends on the machine. I was able to use my Chase PPMC in a train ticket machine in the baggage claim area at AMS this past October. It read the magstripe, but I believe I had to enter my PIN.

However, none of the ticket machines in Den Haag Centraal seemed to accept magstripe credit cards. Actually, I believe that most train ticket vending machines in the Netherlands don't take credit cards at all (even with Chip and PIN), but only coins or Dutch "PIN" debit cards.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AS GM, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by garykung
Standard Award (not saver).

Simply saying, instead of a domestic 25K award ticket, you can get "any seat, anytime" for 50K.
As I understand it, Standard Awards are no longer "any seat, anytime". I think that is most often the case, but Y>0 for a GM, non-CC holder does not necessarily equal Standard Award availability. I believe the new bucket is HN for GM, non-CC, Economy.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Well, I'm going to keep my ancient MileagePlus Visa Signature Card Gold class, which yields up to 10,000 EQMs a year.

I might get the Club card for one year just to get a $300 UC membership... other than that, this card is pretty much junk for anyone who holds status. It is not a premium card, just a UC membership with an extra $20 for privileges that elites already enjoy anyway. Very disappointing.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:44 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Pat+
...just a UC membership with an extra $20 for privileges that elites already enjoy anyway. ...
Plus
- Award ticket CPU
- 1.5miles/ $ for any purchase
- no forex
- Avis President's Club
- Hyatt Platinum status

seems fair for $20
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
One issue with US credit cards is whether using a PIN triggers a "cash withdrawal" transaction that incurs fees and interest. I never got a straight answer. And then I don't if it will trigger interest on your entire monthly balance. Anybody know?

I only tried to use a PIN recently when I was trying to buy gas at an unmanned gas station in Sweden. But since it was Cap One it naturally triggered a fraud alert........

In Sweden there is no problem with mag stripe or not having PIN when there is a cashier. Every machine has a button for "ej kod", which means do not have a PIN. But often the cashier then freaks out because they have to check ID and sometimes enter a national ID number into their computer, which a foreigner obviously does not have.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Plus
- Award ticket CPU
- 1.5miles/ $ for any purchase
- no forex
- Avis President's Club
- Hyatt Platinum status

seems fair for $20
+1,000 Flex EQM's (I don't know what these are yet) for every $5,000 in purchases.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by OreD
+1,000 Flex EQM's (I don't know what these are yet) for every $5,000 in purchases.
was rumored but appears not true for new applicants of the Club Card -- only for previous PresPlat cardholders

FEQMs are like EQMs that can be applied anything in a 3 three year period (but not for status above Plat).
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
Same with trying to buy Tube passes in London (at any Tube station including LHR)... you have to see an agent to use a non-chip card. The kiosks won't work. I always leave some extra money on my Oyster card when I leave town so I don't have to wait in the long line to see an agent at LHR.
I'm in London four times a year and have found that the PP Mastercard doesn't work in the Tube kiosks but my Amex card does. No idea why as both are 'stripe' cards but even when the Amex does work it seems to take a couple of 'swipes'.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:01 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Didn't have the Chase PP card so I'm in a different boat, but for me this seems like a pretty good deal.

United Club - worth about $200 to me.

Upgrades on domestic awards - I figure RT economy awards with a little planning can be had for $500 (2cpm for miles) versus $1000 I pay x 10 trips a years. - Saving $5k

No foreign fees on $100k a year in overseas purchases - Saves me $3k

1.5 miles works out to $0.03 at 2cpm for the miles. Better than the $0.02 I get on other cards. That's about $1k a year.

Oh and I do 150 to 200k BIS miles/year for the PQM aren't a big deal.

Also, I'm opposed in principle to swelling 1k ranks with credit card spend.

Works out to about $10k a year so it seems like a fair value for $495
Old Mar 29, 2012, 1:25 am
uwr

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K
Originally Posted by cgwright
I was having trouble finding it too. Here's what worked for me:

1. On this thread on FT I'm seeing tons of ads for first year free on the Explorer card.

2. Click one of these ads

3. There are tabs at the top, one of which is for the Club card. Click that and it will give you the offer with the first year fee waived.
Just for fun, I tried that. While logged into the UA site as a 1P, I got the offer for the first year free. When I logged out, the offer was only a credit of $95.

General members already have many incentives such as free checked bags and Premier Access.
Chase is clearly trying to give elite members an incentive to get the card. I'm sticking with the Pres Plus and Sapphire Preferred cards.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 2:30 am

Programs: AA LTG, Marriott LTP. 50% Delta LTS, Working on Hyatt LTD
Originally Posted by bdelancy
Just tried to switch from my Explorer card to the new Club card and was told I could not simply switch because my Explorer card account has not yet been open for a year. They would let me get the new card on a new account, but I would not be able to keep the same account number. Has anyone else experienced this problem, and if so, were you able to find a way to switch?
Thank your congressmen for that. I had the same problem with AMEX - they won't upgrade my Delta Plat to Delta Reserve until it's been open for 13 months.

First they told me they can't do it at all. Then later I had them change my SPG card to a Blue card (no annual fee), which they first said they couldn't do for the first 13 months, then changed their tune and did it anyway.

From what I understand the CARD law makes it illegal for credit card companies to change you to a card with a higher annual fee until the first 13 months have passed, even if it's on the consumers request.

Another one of those things that is due to the lowest common denominator thinking to protect people from themselves while inconveniencing those of us with a proper head on our shoulders...
Old Mar 29, 2012, 6:09 am

Programs: CO
I read that one benefit of the card it reduced or no fee change fee on award tickets within the 21 day window. However, where I read this it also said something about being based on status. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it free just based on having a PP card or is it based on your status level in conduction of having a PP card?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 6:44 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by markpappai
I read that one benefit of the card it reduced or no fee change fee on award tickets within the 21 day window. However, where I read this it also said something about being based on status. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it free just based on having a PP card or is it based on your status level in conduction of having a PP card?
There is no fee if you have the Credit Card and there is no fee at certain status levels. I think it was referencing that that benefit is only available to certain elite levels as well as the CC holder now.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by skipmnyc
Actually, you can't even buy a ticket at the counter .. the machines there have the swipe slot covered. I had to pay cash for my ticket from AMS Central to Brussels. In fact, I could not use the card anywhere in Amsterdam, the Hague or Rotterdam, except at my hotel. This is a recent thing, at least in the Netherlands. A real downer and hugely inconvenient. I am looking for a chip and pin card now.
My USD AMEX sometimes doesn't work In Europe so I use the VoyagesPlus card instead.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: UA Gold, OZ silver,
Originally Posted by kwildnj
I would try calling back, or asking for a supervisor. As I reported, I was able to switch in just 7 minutes or so yesterday. She did not know about the new card at first, but placed me on hold, and came back two minutes later, and we were off.
I called back last night and the Chase agent was able to get me switched over in about 10 mins. ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.