Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1k Same Day Flight Change

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2012, 6:41 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
thanks-whats the latest you can do it though?
does it have to be before your original flight was due to depart?
Old Jun 28, 2012, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
thanks-whats the latest you can do it though?
does it have to be before your original flight was due to depart?
24 hours before the original scheduled departure up to actual departure time. After that, you can be covered by the flat tire rule (if you miss the flight) but that's a different story.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 7:58 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
code share changes?

An earlier poster raised the question of whether SDC for 1Ks would work on itineraries with code shares, but I couldn't find a response.

Anyone have SDC experience with itineraries involving code shares on AC metal?
Old Jun 28, 2012, 8:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by edcho
24 hours before the original scheduled departure up to actual departure time. After that, you can be covered by the flat tire rule (if you miss the flight) but that's a different story.
If you make the call prior to your flight you can confirm to a later flight, up to 24 hours after scheduled departure time, assuming inventory is available at the time you make the request. If you cannot confirm the later flight prior to your original departure time then you're officially SoL.
Originally Posted by transportprof
An earlier poster raised the question of whether SDC for 1Ks would work on itineraries with code shares, but I couldn't find a response.

Anyone have SDC experience with itineraries involving code shares on AC metal?
Changing to a new AC metal flight is not going to work; the rule says "only UA metal." Changing from a partner to UA metal can be done (I've done it) but I'm not sure it is 100% within the rules.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
If you make the call prior to your flight you can confirm to a later flight, up to 24 hours after scheduled departure time, assuming inventory is available at the time you make the request. If you cannot confirm the later flight prior to your original departure time then you're officially SoL.

Changing to a new AC metal flight is not going to work; the rule says "only UA metal." Changing from a partner to UA metal can be done (I've done it) but I'm not sure it is 100% within the rules.
Ahhhh that's what he meant by his question. Wasn't 100% sure. As for changing to a different metal, I've done it with US metal a few times but YMMV.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, AC E, *G x2, BMI Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
United 1K travelling NRT-ORD-XXX on a united flight, booked on an Aeroplan award... Can I same day change without fee?

If so is it provided award space is still available?
Old Jul 20, 2012, 9:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Golden Toque
United 1K travelling NRT-ORD-XXX on a united flight, booked on an Aeroplan award... Can I same day change without fee?

If so is it provided award space is still available?
Yes, you can change. I believe they will look for award space to confirm in advance but you can be listed for standby and that should clear into any inventory at the gate.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC E, *G x2, BMI Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
Yes, you can change. I believe they will look for award space to confirm in advance but you can be listed for standby and that should clear into any inventory at the gate.
Thanks... I'll let you know how it works out!
Old Aug 4, 2012, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AGR SE, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, MR Gold
"same day" change possible?

Going from w=>x=>y=>z... x and y are just layovers not stopovers. The layover at y is ridiculously long at 5 hours so want to try to move to an earlier y=>z flight using same day change rule. However, I'm checking luggage at w, more than 24 hrs from departure of y=>z. Will I be able to change the y=>z flight checking in at w even though it's a little more than 24 hours out (given timezone differences it is "same day")? At x or y it will be within 24 hours but I don't think I can do it then because my bags will be in the system.

Thanks.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by FormerAmtrakTraveler
Going from w=>x=>y=>z... x and y are just layovers not stopovers. The layover at y is ridiculously long at 5 hours so want to try to move to an earlier y=>z flight using same day change rule. However, I'm checking luggage at w, more than 24 hrs from departure of y=>z. Will I be able to change the y=>z flight checking in at w even though it's a little more than 24 hours out (given timezone differences it is "same day")? At x or y it will be within 24 hours but I don't think I can do it then because my bags will be in the system.

Thanks.
If the same fare class is available on the new flight you want to switch to they will be able to do it for you at the airport and then check your bags on the new flight. If the same class isn't available.. they may or may not make the change for you on the spot, but at minimum they'll check your bag on the new flight and add you to the standby list. Either way, you'll be able to get your bag on the new flight.

You won't be able to make any changes online or at a kisok because the flight change option will only appear if you have 0 or 1 connections.. if you have 2 or more it doesn't work.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 8:56 am

If you put in your airport codes instead of W-X-Y, etc, it would make it easier to assist you, as international flights and bag checks make a BIG difference whether you must fly with them. Nobody is going to find out who you are without dates anyway!
Old Aug 4, 2012, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by LilAbner
If you put in your airport codes instead of W-X-Y, etc, it would make it easier to assist you, as international flights and bag checks make a BIG difference whether you must fly with them. Nobody is going to find out who you are without dates anyway!
SIN=>NRT=>EWR=>BOS. Can't imagine they'll let me fly w/o my bag.

SEA1K4EVR, thanks for the glimmer of hope. Flight is in a few days and fare class seems available as of now.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 10:50 am

Seems to me your delima is that you are checking in @ SIN more than 24 hours prior to your flight from EWR to BOS, as you mentioned,

At this point, a res agent is probably going to insist on a change fee to move you up to an earlier flight from EWR to BOS, but you can always ask. If it's still a long way off (you didn't offer the dates) you can always wait for a schedule change and pounce on that to get your earlier request.

Otherwise, I think your only option, at this point, is to wait until you get to the SIN check-in counter and ask for the change, but good luck with that in a country that goes by THE BOOK!

Then again, perhaps there is some unwritten rule about a "Same Day Change" for ANY flight on the itinerary @ T-24 from the departure of the first flight, but I don't think so as every flight stands on it's own, me thinks?

Also, your bags MUST fly with you on international flights, but you can go to the ticket counter in EWR after clearing customs & immigration and ask to "STAND-BY" for the earlier flight and they will be able to advise you from there. Keep your eye on availability for the flight you want to jump on and
Good luck!
Old Aug 4, 2012, 10:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
When you arrive at EWR you will have your bag in your hand. Go to the rebooking counter to your left as you exit customs, and if there is availability in your fare class on the earlier flight to BOS they will put you (and your) bag on it for no charge.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by star_world
When you arrive at EWR you will have your bag in your hand. Go to the rebooking counter to your left as you exit customs, and if there is availability in your fare class on the earlier flight to BOS they will put you (and your) bag on it for no charge.
Ah yes, great. Will try at SIN check-in AND at EWR after customs. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.