Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1k Same Day Flight Change

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:50 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by thumbun
I'm wondering if this has been fixed. I flew yesterday (3/28) from SFO-LAX, but changed to an earlier flight using the Kiosk near Gate 73. Not only was I put on the UG list automatically, but I cleared and got bumped up to F.
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Yes I have noticed this, good if you're a 1K.
My 2P fiance SDC'd and scored an F upgrade on the new flight two weeks ago.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by aacharya
If you mean the exact same flight a day earlier - that won't work. Doors would be shut by then.
That's what I thought, thanks!

So I did SDC today for a flight one hour later than my original flight tomorrow through the kiosk at exactly T-24. Of course, we had a 3 hr MX delay so things didn't go exactly as I had planned. Silver lining? Enough top level elites made other arrangements, and I was upgraded as a 1P, which is in line with the other observations in this thread that SDC adds you to the relevant flight upgrade list.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:44 pm

Programs: Premier 1K (Former CO Plat)
Some of this thread has gone of in a different direction from what I had posted. In any event, the problem seems to have been corrected, or so I hope. Changed to an earlier flight at the kiosk and was immediately put on the upgrade list. Didn't make it the upgrade, but that was not the problem I had posted. So hopefully that is fixed now.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 6:49 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Cuse44
Were you trying to change the reservation by going to "Change reservation" in the reservation page or by going through the Check-In Process?

The former could possibly produce the fare difference while the latter shouldn't.
Ok, so I was looking all over the place for an option to change my flights via same day change when checking in but never saw it. Of course if I look at the itin online the change reservation option is available but it is my understanding that is just a normal change and not treated as a same day change.

What am I doing wrong?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by mcgahat
Ok, so I was looking all over the place for an option to change my flights via same day change when checking in but never saw it. Of course if I look at the itin online the change reservation option is available but it is my understanding that is just a normal change and not treated as a same day change.

What am I doing wrong?
If it is within 24 hours and fare buckets exist, you will have $0 change.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by edcho
If it is within 24 hours and fare buckets exist, you will have $0 change.
Ok, so I should use the normal "change flight" link on the reservation?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:24 am

Ok, so I should use the normal "change flight" link on the reservation?
You can either do that or through OLCI (online check-in) and it will display any available alternative flights there as well (the same area where you change your seat).
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by edcho
You can either do that or through OLCI (online check-in) and it will display any available alternative flights there as well (the same area where you change your seat).
Ok, thanks. I wonder if it determined there was nothing available. I looked all over that page during the check in and couldnt see anything. When I did the regular change it offered only one flight option. I dont know if it complicated things but I am booked in A and nothing really available but would think it would give me the option of a mixed cabin. Thanks again.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 4:53 pm

Ok, thanks. I wonder if it determined there was nothing available. I looked all over that page during the check in and couldnt see anything. When I did the regular change it offered only one flight option. I dont know if it complicated things but I am booked in A and nothing really available but would think it would give me the option of a mixed cabin. Thanks again.
Wouldn't know -- the highest I've ever booked was Y and anything lower, it would offer me to up-charge. If there were no planes to change to, then it will not show up as an option upon check-in (so it's possible that there aren't any flights for that route). What is your routing?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 5:01 pm

Programs: AS 100K
An agent from the 1call center told me that the PMUA policy of releasing all fare buckets three hours prior to the scheduled flight time still is in place... can anyone confirm this?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I submit this thread has nothing to do with being 1K and SDC specifically anymore and should be merged with the master SDC thread on FT.

-RM
Old Mar 31, 2012, 5:56 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyingmusicianlax
An agent from the 1call center told me that the PMUA policy of releasing all fare buckets three hours prior to the scheduled flight time still is in place... can anyone confirm this?
That has not been my experience. Actually, I don't think that was PMUA policy, either, although it often worked out that way.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 8:39 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
just to confirm -for international flights can you only make the change less than 24hrs before original sched departure??
Old Jun 28, 2012, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
just to confirm -for international flights can you only make the change less than 24hrs before original sched departure??
Yes -- less than 24 hours from original schedule departure.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 7:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
This is the policy for all flights, international or domestic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.