Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Post 3-Mar-2012:How to find upgrade inventory [+how to see fare bucket availability]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post 3-Mar-2012:How to find upgrade inventory [+how to see fare bucket availability]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2012, 9:21 am

Thumbs up

Thanks OP for the great post. and the script worked like a charm!
Old Mar 5, 2012, 10:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Beerman92
I have a question about ps flights. It shows JN and PN buckets for these flights but I thought there were no CPUs of any kind on ps. I'm curious if you are on YBM (and plat or above) on ps can you use an instrument to UG from JN or PN inventory versus needing R?
They can list the buckets even if nothing can upgrade in to them. :-:
Originally Posted by Bonehead
Note that a connecting flight seems to show R[lowest R on any flight] for all flights. For example, I was looking at DEN-ORD-BWI, and the DEN-ORD 772 showed R5, as did the ORD-BWI 320. When checking the individual flights, the 772 showed R9 and the 320 showed R5. United.com did not work that way...it showed the actual availability for each connecting flight.
Might be a married segments issue. Or it might be a bug in the new site.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Welcome to the new United.

Originally Posted by cova
Only problem is that R=0 for all the international flights I have looked at.
Welcome to the new United.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
I am looking at a flight where F9,A9,JN9, almost all = 9, but the seat map shows only 8 seats in biz (2 class); what am I missing?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by sbm12

Might be a married segments issue. Or it might be a bug in the new site.
I've seen that happen on every search I've done???
Old Mar 8, 2012, 1:41 am

Programs: UA life 1K, 2MM; AA Life Pt 3mm; DL nada now!; AS nada now; BA, FD, CX, LH, DD, Amex Pt, Diners
Very nice!

Thx!
Old Mar 8, 2012, 4:45 am

Programs: UA Plat 2.2MM, AA nobody, IHG Gold, HH Silver
Great stuff!

Really useful, and at least on my browser doesn't get in the way at all, unlike the actual original click on fare class links which splat their content all over the page.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Many thanks, sbm12!
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by weezl
I am looking at a flight where F9,A9,JN9, almost all = 9, but the seat map shows only 8 seats in biz (2 class); what am I missing?
Do you have specific details? All the A319 flights I'm seeing are F8 where there are 8 seats for sale.
Originally Posted by travel.flier
I've seen that happen on every search I've done???
The it is probably more a bug than married segments.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:46 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Looks like this will be useful. Thanks Seth.

Pretty sad that COdbaUA has to crowd-source the functionality for their new website, functionality that was inherent to .bomb.

I can only imagine that they'll soon take a cue from AA and find a way to disable these sort of scripts for 'security reasons'.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by sbm12
There are four different types of upgrade space available in the new United:
  • Miles/Instrument Coach->Biz (R/RN)
  • Top Elite B/M->One cabin higher (PN)
  • All Elite Y->One cabin higher (JN)
  • Miles/Instrument Biz->First (ON)
First - thanks for this post. Excellent resource for all of us learning the new world order.

A question. I have an existing itinerary which has been upgraded using SWU (this was all UA - pre migration).
In checking now, the RJ legs are showing Fare Class as United First (ON).
Obviously, there was no Biz class on the regional jet.
Should this not be RN?

I am also missing GPUs, so would this have something to do with it?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goodeats21
A question. I have an existing itinerary which has been upgraded using SWU (this was all UA - pre migration).
In checking now, the RJ legs are showing Fare Class as United First (ON).
That was a bug that happened during the migration. Don't worry about it.

Originally Posted by goodeats21
I am also missing GPUs, so would this have something to do with it?
Probably not.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 11:06 am

Thanks for posting this.

I'm assuming Top Elite = GS?

btw, what are IN/I (these are highlighted in red).
Old Mar 8, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K lifetime
Here is a hypothetical situation to consider that would apply for all Premier levels within the window of days for CPUs to occur:

Let's say I have a flight March XX, more than 10 days after merging systems to SHARES. As a 1K, I am supposed to be on the waiting list for a CPU as I have an eligible fare for the CPU upgrade. I am in economy and there is no business class.

I received my new 1K card for 2012 and my status on the website shows 1K.

On March 10, 96 hours + 30 seconds before flight departure I check RN inventory, from which CPUs are supposed to come. Let's say it shows RN inventory has 1 seat.

As a 1 K, my CPUs are supposed to clear at 96 hours.

After 96 hours before flight, I check RN...it still shows 1 seat in RN, and I have not been upgraded to First Class.

After 90 hours before flight, I check RN...it still shows 1 seat in RN, and I have not been upgraded.

After 73 hours before flight, I check RN...it still shows 1 seat in RN, and I have not been upgraded. (At 72 hours, Premier Platinums begin their CPUs.)

Why, as a 1 K, have I not been upgraded if the seat is there?

Do I call 1K phone line and ask why? Can they "force" the upgrade to go through?
Should I have called earlier? If so, when should I have called, since I understand that these "sweeps" can occur at any time.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:09 pm

Codes Used to Upgrade (like NC NF)

In the past when I purchased economy tickets on United and wanted to immediately upgrade to business class, I could find the code NC and if it had a number next to it, I wouldn't have to be waitlisted. Today I found codes on the new website but it appears the codes have changed. Can someone tell me what codes to look for to immediately upgrade to business class? I called customer service but was disconnected three times. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.