FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post 3-Mar-2012:How to find upgrade inventory [+how to see fare bucket availability]
Old Mar 8, 2012, 11:53 am
IHAVETOFLY

Programs: MileagePlus 1K lifetime
Here is a hypothetical situation to consider that would apply for all Premier levels within the window of days for CPUs to occur:

Let's say I have a flight March XX, more than 10 days after merging systems to SHARES. As a 1K, I am supposed to be on the waiting list for a CPU as I have an eligible fare for the CPU upgrade. I am in economy and there is no business class.

I received my new 1K card for 2012 and my status on the website shows 1K.

On March 10, 96 hours + 30 seconds before flight departure I check RN inventory, from which CPUs are supposed to come. Let's say it shows RN inventory has 1 seat.

As a 1 K, my CPUs are supposed to clear at 96 hours.

After 96 hours before flight, I check RN...it still shows 1 seat in RN, and I have not been upgraded to First Class.

After 90 hours before flight, I check RN...it still shows 1 seat in RN, and I have not been upgraded.

After 73 hours before flight, I check RN...it still shows 1 seat in RN, and I have not been upgraded. (At 72 hours, Premier Platinums begin their CPUs.)

Why, as a 1 K, have I not been upgraded if the seat is there?

Do I call 1K phone line and ask why? Can they "force" the upgrade to go through?
Should I have called earlier? If so, when should I have called, since I understand that these "sweeps" can occur at any time.