Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA mileage earning on AC (Air Canada) operated flights (P now 150%)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

UA mileage earning on AC (Air Canada) operated flights (P now 150%)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
I am looking to book an AC flight DCA-YUL. If I am reading this thread correctly, if I book Economy Standard through AC for $356 I will get 97 PQP (50% of the RT distance then divided by 5 for preferred partner). However, if I book it for a little bit more ($399) through UA operated by AC, I will get 298 PQP (fare less $101 in taxes) because it is 016 stock. Is that correct? Thanks!
Correct
Say Vandelay likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CaptJOB
So all I know is that when I look at the reservation on AC it say the cabin type in N and in the box next to that it say Premium Economy(lowest).

I did buy this ticket on 11/1/2021. Hopefully that won't make it so I don't earn any PQPs. I assume WineCountryUA is right though and this will earn something. Hopefully it translates to A fare earning.

​​​​​​​Did the PQPs for an N fare in PE end up posting? I have a similar flight coming up soon.

Last edited by SQLInjection; Jun 17, 2022 at 10:59 am Reason: Added quote
Old Jun 17, 2022, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by adind
Did the PQPs for an N fare in PE end up posting? I have a similar flight coming up soon.
Not taking the first leg until the 27th of this month. Will report back but I imagine this will require reaching out to UA and also expect pushback.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Flying EWR-YUL next month in paid First (D out, Z return) on UA. If my flight is delayed/canceled, would there be any PQP upside or downside to requesting one of the AC flights on that route? Or no change because it's still an 016 ticket? Current itinerary nets 939 PQPs. Presumably if switching to AC metal meant fewer PQPs for some reason, I would request Original Routing Credit.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Flying EWR-YUL next month in paid First (D out, Z return) on UA. If my flight is delayed/canceled, would there be any PQP upside or downside to requesting one of the AC flights on that route? Or no change because it's still an 016 ticket? Current itinerary nets 939 PQPs. Presumably if switching to AC metal meant fewer PQPs for some reason, I would request Original Routing Credit.
IRROPS often causes posting issues, but on a 016 ticket, the PQP due is the same whether you fly UA or AC.
SPN Lifer and tarheelnj like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tarheelnj
I have not had any posting issues with irops or SDC changes on AC when on 016 tickets. You will probably be fine
tarheelnj likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Bit of a weird one and I'm going to chalk it up to display issues and file a claim request if needed.

Currently on a trip with all AC (actually Jazz) operated flights but UA flight numbers and UA ticket number (016) for RDU - YYZ and return. It's a V/W fare but that shouldn't matter, since it's UA flight numbers it should post with UA accruals across the board.

Oddly the actual ticket on UA.com is incorrectly showing the AC flight reference number as the "Avianca reference number" even though it actually really is the AC reference number. It also is showing estimated mileage of 0. That said all my tickets have correctly reflected my UA account and *G by extension.

Nothing has posted yet (have flown outbound but not return) -- going to assume just display and IT issue but will keep an eye on it, I intentionally booked the UA flight numbers on 016 stock instead of AC/014 because the PQD and RDM earn was better (expensive ticket but short flight) so hopefully it posts as planned
Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:15 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Duke787
Currently on a trip with all AC (actually Jazz) operated flights but UA flight numbers and UA ticket number (016) for RDU - YYZ and return. It's a V/W fare but that shouldn't matter, since it's UA flight numbers it should post with UA accruals across the board. ...
Right answer, wrong reason. The flight numbers are not relevant. UA fare based earning approach due to the 016 ticket stock.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
My AC TATL basic / light fare in K have posted to my account few days ago, K class earned 50% base RDM, 50% elite bonus RDM and 10% PQP, 0 PQF.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gokeeper
My AC TATL basic / light fare in K have posted to my account few days ago, K class earned 50% base RDM, 50% elite bonus RDM and 10% PQP, 0 PQF.
sounds like a good deal. Shouldn't it have been 25%? Or was it a non-014 ticket?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by gokeeper
”Them’s the breaks”

International Basic Economy tickets on Air Canada, Austrian, Brussels Airlines, Lufthansa and SWISS are ineligible for Premier qualifying flights. International Basic Economy may be booked in various fare classes.
Footnote 2: https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...ng-credit.html
Old Jul 9, 2022, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cfischer
sounds like a good deal. Shouldn't it have been 25%? Or was it a non-014 ticket?
It's a 014 ticket purchase on ac.com. You are right, according to https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...ir-canada.html I should earn 25% base RDM instead of 50%. I did applier a status pass on the reservation to get checked bags, don't know if the 'error' have something to do with it.

Originally Posted by esquiar
”Them’s the breaks”

Footnote 2: https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...ng-credit.html
Yes, I am fully aware and expecting this.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: United 1K - Star Alliance Gold - AA Gold - Marriott Bonvoy Gold - Hyatt Explorist
PQF on Air Canada Operated by Jazz

Flying YUL to ORD (First on AC operated by Jazz) to GRU (United Polaris) and GRU to ORD (United Polaris) to YUL in (First on AC operated by Jazz). Ticket issued is 016 and bought through united.com.

Currently booking on united.com is showing only 2 PQF's earned for the 4 flight segments. Do Air Canada flights operated by Jazz Aviation not earn PQF?
Old Jul 25, 2022, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Nabillionaire
Flying YUL to ORD (First on AC operated by Jazz) to GRU (United Polaris) and GRU to ORD (United Polaris) to YUL in (First on AC operated by Jazz). Ticket issued is 016 and bought through united.com.

Currently booking on united.com is showing only 2 PQF's earned for the 4 flight segments. Do Air Canada flights operated by Jazz Aviation not earn PQF?
This has been broken on United for a long time now. The AC flights will earn PQF. Pay attention to the actual PQPs you're owed based on fare + YQs and you'll find they post correctly even with the receipt showing $0 for the AC segments.

-RM
Nabillionaire likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Duke787
It also is showing estimated mileage of 0. That said all my tickets have correctly reflected my UA account and *G by extension.
I booked a 016/014 itinerary and it is showing the same thing on UA.com. As *G, is there any way to select seats on AC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.