Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA mileage earning on AC (Air Canada) operated flights (P now 150%)

UA mileage earning on AC (Air Canada) operated flights (P now 150%)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 2, 22, 2:07 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 13, 22, 9:07 am
  #136  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOS/EAP
Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Posts: 28,115
Originally Posted by Say Vandelay View Post
I am looking to book an AC flight DCA-YUL. If I am reading this thread correctly, if I book Economy Standard through AC for $356 I will get 97 PQP (50% of the RT distance then divided by 5 for preferred partner). However, if I book it for a little bit more ($399) through UA operated by AC, I will get 298 PQP (fare less $101 in taxes) because it is 016 stock. Is that correct? Thanks!
Correct
Say Vandelay likes this.
cfischer is offline  
Old Jun 17, 22, 10:58 am
  #137  
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: SFO,NYC and your computer
Programs: UA Plat
Posts: 34
Originally Posted by CaptJOB View Post
So all I know is that when I look at the reservation on AC it say the cabin type in N and in the box next to that it say Premium Economy(lowest).

I did buy this ticket on 11/1/2021. Hopefully that won't make it so I don't earn any PQPs. I assume WineCountryUA is right though and this will earn something. Hopefully it translates to A fare earning.

​​​​​​​Did the PQPs for an N fare in PE end up posting? I have a similar flight coming up soon.

Last edited by SQLInjection; Jun 17, 22 at 10:59 am Reason: Added quote
SQLInjection is offline  
Old Jun 17, 22, 12:08 pm
  #138  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 155
Originally Posted by adind View Post
Did the PQPs for an N fare in PE end up posting? I have a similar flight coming up soon.
Not taking the first leg until the 27th of this month. Will report back but I imagine this will require reaching out to UA and also expect pushback.
CaptJOB is offline  
Old Jun 17, 22, 1:18 pm
  #139  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey
Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott Titanium (LT Plat), Hilton Gold
Posts: 2,967
Flying EWR-YUL next month in paid First (D out, Z return) on UA. If my flight is delayed/canceled, would there be any PQP upside or downside to requesting one of the AC flights on that route? Or no change because it's still an 016 ticket? Current itinerary nets 939 PQPs. Presumably if switching to AC metal meant fewer PQPs for some reason, I would request Original Routing Credit.
tarheelnj is offline  
Old Jun 17, 22, 1:24 pm
  #140  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 16,290
Originally Posted by tarheelnj View Post
Flying EWR-YUL next month in paid First (D out, Z return) on UA. If my flight is delayed/canceled, would there be any PQP upside or downside to requesting one of the AC flights on that route? Or no change because it's still an 016 ticket? Current itinerary nets 939 PQPs. Presumably if switching to AC metal meant fewer PQPs for some reason, I would request Original Routing Credit.
IRROPS often causes posting issues, but on a 016 ticket, the PQP due is the same whether you fly UA or AC.
SPN Lifer and tarheelnj like this.
jsloan is offline  
Old Jun 17, 22, 2:25 pm
  #141  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOS/EAP
Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Posts: 28,115
Originally Posted by tarheelnj View Post
Flying EWR-YUL next month in paid First (D out, Z return) on UA. If my flight is delayed/canceled, would there be any PQP upside or downside to requesting one of the AC flights on that route? Or no change because it's still an 016 ticket? Current itinerary nets 939 PQPs. Presumably if switching to AC metal meant fewer PQPs for some reason, I would request Original Routing Credit.
I have not had any posting issues with irops or SDC changes on AC when on 016 tickets. You will probably be fine
tarheelnj likes this.
cfischer is offline  
Old Jun 23, 22, 2:07 pm
  #142  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 9,281
Bit of a weird one and I'm going to chalk it up to display issues and file a claim request if needed.

Currently on a trip with all AC (actually Jazz) operated flights but UA flight numbers and UA ticket number (016) for RDU - YYZ and return. It's a V/W fare but that shouldn't matter, since it's UA flight numbers it should post with UA accruals across the board.

Oddly the actual ticket on UA.com is incorrectly showing the AC flight reference number as the "Avianca reference number" even though it actually really is the AC reference number. It also is showing estimated mileage of 0. That said all my tickets have correctly reflected my UA account and *G by extension.

Nothing has posted yet (have flown outbound but not return) -- going to assume just display and IT issue but will keep an eye on it, I intentionally booked the UA flight numbers on 016 stock instead of AC/014 because the PQD and RDM earn was better (expensive ticket but short flight) so hopefully it posts as planned
Duke787 is offline  
Old Jun 23, 22, 9:15 pm
  #143  
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Posts: 59,963
Originally Posted by Duke787 View Post
...
Currently on a trip with all AC (actually Jazz) operated flights but UA flight numbers and UA ticket number (016) for RDU - YYZ and return. It's a V/W fare but that shouldn't matter, since it's UA flight numbers it should post with UA accruals across the board. ...
Right answer, wrong reason. The flight numbers are not relevant. UA fare based earning approach due to the 016 ticket stock.
canadiancow likes this.
WineCountryUA is offline  
Old Jul 9, 22, 5:34 pm
  #144  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: YYZ
Programs: UA1K MM, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 1,048
My AC TATL basic / light fare in K have posted to my account few days ago, K class earned 50% base RDM, 50% elite bonus RDM and 10% PQP, 0 PQF.
gokeeper is offline  
Old Jul 9, 22, 6:03 pm
  #145  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOS/EAP
Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Posts: 28,115
Originally Posted by gokeeper View Post
My AC TATL basic / light fare in K have posted to my account few days ago, K class earned 50% base RDM, 50% elite bonus RDM and 10% PQP, 0 PQF.
sounds like a good deal. Shouldn't it have been 25%? Or was it a non-014 ticket?
cfischer is offline  
Old Jul 9, 22, 6:13 pm
  #146  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Programs: UA, AS, Marriott
Posts: 99
Originally Posted by gokeeper View Post
My AC TATL basic / light fare in K have posted to my account few days ago, K class earned 50% base RDM, 50% elite bonus RDM and 10% PQP, 0 PQF.
”Them’s the breaks”

International Basic Economy tickets on Air Canada, Austrian, Brussels Airlines, Lufthansa and SWISS are ineligible for Premier qualifying flights. International Basic Economy may be booked in various fare classes.
Footnote 2: https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...ng-credit.html
esquiar is offline  
Old Jul 9, 22, 6:52 pm
  #147  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: YYZ
Programs: UA1K MM, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 1,048
Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
sounds like a good deal. Shouldn't it have been 25%? Or was it a non-014 ticket?
It's a 014 ticket purchase on ac.com. You are right, according to https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...ir-canada.html I should earn 25% base RDM instead of 50%. I did applier a status pass on the reservation to get checked bags, don't know if the 'error' have something to do with it.

Originally Posted by esquiar View Post
”Them’s the breaks”


Footnote 2: https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...ng-credit.html
Yes, I am fully aware and expecting this.
SPN Lifer likes this.
gokeeper is offline  
Old Jul 25, 22, 8:22 am
  #148  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Chicago
Programs: United Plat - Star Alliance Gold - AA Gold - Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 12
PQF on Air Canada Operated by Jazz

Flying YUL to ORD (First on AC operated by Jazz) to GRU (United Polaris) and GRU to ORD (United Polaris) to YUL in (First on AC operated by Jazz). Ticket issued is 016 and bought through united.com.

Currently booking on united.com is showing only 2 PQF's earned for the 4 flight segments. Do Air Canada flights operated by Jazz Aviation not earn PQF?
Nabillionaire is offline  
Old Jul 25, 22, 8:42 am
  #149  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Floating around
Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott Amb (LT Titanium)
Posts: 9,241
Originally Posted by Nabillionaire View Post
Flying YUL to ORD (First on AC operated by Jazz) to GRU (United Polaris) and GRU to ORD (United Polaris) to YUL in (First on AC operated by Jazz). Ticket issued is 016 and bought through united.com.

Currently booking on united.com is showing only 2 PQF's earned for the 4 flight segments. Do Air Canada flights operated by Jazz Aviation not earn PQF?
This has been broken on United for a long time now. The AC flights will earn PQF. Pay attention to the actual PQPs you're owed based on fare + YQs and you'll find they post correctly even with the receipt showing $0 for the AC segments.

-RM
Nabillionaire likes this.
RobOnLI is offline  
Old Jul 27, 22, 5:41 am
  #150  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: WAS
Programs: UA Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Nat'l Exec Elite
Posts: 1,098
Originally Posted by Duke787 View Post
It also is showing estimated mileage of 0. That said all my tickets have correctly reflected my UA account and *G by extension.
I booked a 016/014 itinerary and it is showing the same thing on UA.com. As *G, is there any way to select seats on AC?
Say Vandelay is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread