Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA mileage earning on AC (Air Canada) operated flights (P now 150%)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

UA mileage earning on AC (Air Canada) operated flights (P now 150%)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2023, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by IADit
I'm pricing out some flights to Canada from the US via the United website and it is telling me that I will earn 0 miles and 0 points for these flights (even though 1 leg would be in 1st class). The flights are operated by AC Jazz Express. Does anyone have recent experience of actually receiving miles and points for such bookings?
It's a known bug w/ AC express. They will credit just fine.
IADit likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 8:06 am

Programs: UA Platinum
I recently flew Air Canada ICN-YVR-SFO on a AC 014 ticket. Single ticket, ICN-YVR on AC, YVR-SFO on UA.

The UA segment posted to my account but not the AC segment. As such, when I try to request credit for the missing AC flight online using the ticket number, the system claims "mileage has already been credited" to the account.

Has anyone else faced this situation? Is there any way to escalate?

Last edited by Ryu2; Aug 9, 2023 at 8:24 am
Old Aug 9, 2023, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ryu2
I recently flew Air Canada ICN-YVR-SFO on a AC 014 ticket. Single ticket, ICN-YVR on AC, YVR-SFO on UA.

The UA segment posted to my account but not the AC segment. As such, when I try to request credit for the missing AC flight online using the ticket number, the system claims "mileage has already been credited" to the account.

This sometimes happens. Email your ETKT receipt and BP to [email protected] . Somehow the system thinks this segment is already credited to your MP account; could be that AC transmitted the booking class incorrectly.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 9:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Ryu2

It happened to me recently on two partner tickets, Air Canada and Turkish Airlines. I got the same error message when I tried to request the missing credit on the website.

I contacted Mileage Plus by chat (https://www.united.com/ual/en/US/fly...tact-info.html) eight days after my flight and the agent credited it manually. Agent only needed the ticket number to do it.

You need to be logged in to access the chat.
In theory you can request the missing credit 7 days after the flight but agent wasn't able to request it manually before 8 days.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Just wanted to add data reference on my 014-ticket on AC operated P fare flights where online check-in did not include my MP number and gate agent at outstation did not enter it correctly. Miles and PQP of course did not post. And when I used the missing mileage credit link, it gave me error message that miles were credited.

Contacted the MP agent using the website chat feature and got it rectified and credited in under 5min. Great job with the speedy resolution.
jsloan and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 9:53 am

Earn united PQP on 016 ticket on AC

I purchased an itinerary on united.com which includes an ac segment on AC jazz (united code share). I was told that AC JAZZ operated flights, even if united code share, do not earn united PQF or PQP as only AC flights. This makes no sense as often you book on united and it just shows AC. AC and AC jazz are like united and united express. Is the above true. I’m sure I’ve earned PQF and PQP on AC jazz flights.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 10:10 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dts9
.... I was told that AC JAZZ operated flights, even if united code share, do not earn united PQF or PQP as only AC flights. ....
Told by whom?
What does you online itin state? Note that occasionally UA incorrectly shows zero for situations like this, Incorrect / Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary

Is this an internal Canada only flight? On 014 ticket, those earn less mileage but not on an 016 ticket where fare $$ are used.

Basic Economy ticket?

UA earnings for AC flights
Old Sep 30, 2023, 12:30 pm

Yes is showing zero. When I called them, they told me that air canada jazz is not a partner so no PQF or PQP even if 016 ticketed. I assume misinformation.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 12:41 pm

Every revenue Jazz flight I've flown in the last decade has been credited to MP. Don't worry about it.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes is showing zero. When I called them, they told me that air canada jazz is not a partner so no PQF or PQP even if 016 ticketed. I assume misinformation.
Yes, correct, you got a MOLA. You earn miles on these flights - the display has been incorrect for years - not a priority for UA to fix.
jsloan likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
MOLA = mistaken or lying agent
Old Oct 2, 2023, 9:29 am

PQF on AC basic economy.

I bought a flight on AC in T class. I got my PQP based on mileage but no PQF. United MP says it was T class, basic economy, so PQP but no PQF.
I thought that was only for united basic economy. On AC I had no idea it was basic economy. I’d this accurate or should I request review.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Basic fares do not get PQFs. MileagePlus program rules are available at United.com. You were given correct information.

SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Oct 2, 2023 at 9:42 am
Old Oct 27, 2023, 10:40 am

Earning PQP on Air Canada group ticket

Am trying to reach next level with united.

Have a group trip booked with AC, with fare basis LL3AXNCS

United says to use class (I’m booked in L and T) but also need to know whether Comfort (CO), Flex (FL) Standard (TG), or Basic (BA), to determine earning, ie 25%, 75% etc.

United says the code is usually last two characters of fare basis code, but fare basis code, LL3AXNCS, does not match, presumably as group booking. What does this fare basis code mean.

thx.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 1:37 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat

Have a group trip booked with AC, with fare basis LL3AXNCS

United says to use class (I’m booked in L and T) but also need to know whether Comfort (CO), Flex (FL) Standard (TG), or Basic (BA), to determine earning, ie 25%, 75% etc.

United says the code is usually last two characters of fare basis code, but fare basis code, LL3AXNCS, does not match, presumably as group booking. What does this fare basis code mean.

thx.
doubfully anyone with UA can answer your question, best to call AC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.