Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Which flights depart from A? UA or CO?
Originally Posted by USFdonWill
CO
Not necessarily.

It's broken up by departure city.
SFO, LAX, DEN, ORD, and IAD, departures are from C
EWR, CLE, and IAH departures are from A

Arrivals are a crapshoot.
If your plane is flying to SFO, LAX, DEN, ORD, or IAD next you will arrive at C.
If your plane is flying to EWR, CLE, or IAH next you will arrive at A.

Separate question: Let's say you're flying US. My PASS ID is entered in my MP profile. I suspect that if I wanted to use preCheck on US, I would have to sign up for a US DM number and then ... my PASS ID to that profile. But, then I would have to change my FF number to my UA MP number after clearing security in order to get miles/points?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:05 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by warreng24
Separate question: Let's say you're flying US. My PASS ID is entered in my MP profile. I suspect that if I wanted to use preCheck on US, I would have to sign up for a US DM number and then ... my PASS ID to that profile. But, then I would have to change my FF number to my UA MP number after clearing security in order to get miles/points?
You just put in your PASS ID while you are making your reservation-- there is a "Known Traveler #" field by each passenger's information on the purchase page.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Ari
You don't have to wait until check-in, you can click on "Edit Traveler Information" in your reservation to verify that it is in correctly. :-:
thanks ^

Originally Posted by warreng24
Not necessarily.

It's broken up by departure city.
SFO, LAX, DEN, ORD, and IAD, departures are from C
EWR, CLE, and IAH departures are from A

Arrivals are a crapshoot.
If your plane is flying to SFO, LAX, DEN, ORD, or IAD next you will arrive at C.
If your plane is flying to EWR, CLE, or IAH next you will arrive at A.
Thanks for the info
Old Jul 22, 2012, 8:11 pm

Pre-Fail

0 for 2; denied at BOS and SEA.

A few people were being admitted past PreCheck, the majority were not.

I'm confused, so I suspect PreCheck is working properly now
Old Jul 22, 2012, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I got LLL on the screen at CVG last week. It's just unfortunate that pre-check isn't starting there until September.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 8:32 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Asked at Logan (terminal C) today when it's coming. TSA guy didn't know; apparently the only place with PreCheck at BOS is Delta/terminal A. But if it's at A, then shouldn't UA flights out of there benefit?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 8:22 am

TSA loves me, this I know.
Because the three beeps tell me so.

Cleared for the first time at ORD yesterday morning. The lady working the scanner had pointed reflexively to the regular elite line, then had to correct herself with a surprised look on her face.

Will be going through LAS tomorrow AM, SFO tomorrow night, and SEA Wednesday, so we'll see if they've fixed whatever the bug had been or if this was my random win for the month.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA1K, 1MM,AA Exec. Platinum, Global Entry, Nexus
Pre-check coming to LAX 7/24

According to the LATIMES this weekend, Precheck is coming to LAX tomorrow. Does anyone have any info on how and where the lane will be?
Also, if I print my boarding pass the night before, how can I check to see if I qualify? I understand its not a given (have Nexus and Global traveler and have registered at UA site) so do I have to go into Terminal 6 premium lobby and check in? Can anyone answer these questions? thanks in advance!
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Lots of info in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...st-3-a-13.html

If you are determined to be eligible for Pre-Check, your BP barcode will be encoded with the information to tell TSA that you can use the special lane. If not, then you'll have to use the general line.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by tomj888
According to the LATIMES this weekend, Precheck is coming to LAX tomorrow. Does anyone have any info on how and where the lane will be?
Also, if I print my boarding pass the night before, how can I check to see if I qualify? I understand its not a given (have Nexus and Global traveler and have registered at UA site) so do I have to go into Terminal 6 premium lobby and check in? Can anyone answer these questions? thanks in advance!
Odds are heavily in favor of the PreCheck lane being easily accessible from the elite lanes off the T6 checkin area (although I don't know for sure).

There is no way to know if you've been selected until you reach the front of the line and the TSA agent scans your boarding pass.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by born sleepy
Asked at Logan (terminal C) today when it's coming. TSA guy didn't know; apparently the only place with PreCheck at BOS is Delta/terminal A. But if it's at A, then shouldn't UA flights out of there benefit?
Yes: .bomb even indicates that UA pax can use it:

Boston Logan International (BOS) Terminal A June 2012
Old Jul 23, 2012, 1:33 pm

Programs: United 1K/GS, AA Gold
I used pre-check at Logan Terminal A yesterday when flying on United.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
Originally Posted by US_Usually
0 for 2; denied at BOS and SEA.

A few people were being admitted past PreCheck, the majority were not.

I'm confused, so I suspect PreCheck is working properly now
even at cities where pre-check is available, it's still randomly selected so enrollment doesn't imply a guaranteed pre-check pass for that passenger.

on another note, i just flew out of LAS yesterday and was told to go to the pre-check line on my UA ticket. that's now 2/2 for me, once on AA at JFK and UA at LAS. made a huge difference at LAS as anyone who flies out of there on a sunday afternoon knows how long that line gets and i whisked end to end in less than two minutes.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by bob_the_d
even at cities where pre-check is available, it's still randomly selected so enrollment doesn't imply a guaranteed pre-check pass for that passenger.
Sure, I get that. My point was just that my own success rate was on the low side (0 for 2), and that (while waiting for regular screening after being denied PreCheck) it seemed that the TSA folks staffing the PreCheck line were not overwhelmed by the foot traffic sent their way.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by tomj888
FYI I was in LAX Sunday Morning and went from terminal 6 to see the following lines:
(Right to left toward TSA)

GS/1k/Global First
Premier Exec etc

then instead of two general boarding lanes
the third lane said "TSA PreCheck"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.