Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2012, 6:23 am

Programs: CO PPlus, Amex Platinum, DL Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by FlyHigh23
How can you tell if you were approved when using a mobile BP? I've seen reports of apps telling you for printed ones but wasn't sure how to find out if using mobile.
You're not supposd to know if you got it or not. Someone just figured out how to have the paper BP barcode read.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 6:59 am

sorry if this is a total n00b ? but I just got my first domestic BPs after signing up for GE/TSA PC but its for an airport that does not have TSA PC. However, I was given priority line boarding instead...is this consistent for all airports/airlines that don't have TSA PC at the airport you're flying from -- if so are those who are also on your itinerary given this too since you're not passing security? I don't hold a status with the airline, so that would be EPIC.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 7:52 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by gobluetwo
This morning was the first time since September I didn't get precheck at ORD.
Domestic only.
I can't remember where, but I read something along the lines that trusted travelers who has everything set up correctly will enjoy Pre-Check at an estimated average of 80% of the time.

Still beats not having Pre-Check at all.. I used it for the first time at PIT last week and it was truly a blessing.

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
One of the problems with Pre-Check and Global Entry is that you must enter your name in the Secure Flight Details section of your reservation exactly as it is shown in your GOES account or on your GE card. If this is not done, you may be experiencing the name mismatch problems, which can preclude you from Pre-Check access.

Even things like a middle initial vs. a full name can screw up the process.
Just double checking as I am relatively new to this program [have had bad luck flying in/out of airports without Pre-Check until they opened one at PIT]... It does not matter what your traveler profile name shows on UA.com, what your name looks on the boarding pass, or anywhere else.... All that matters is the secure flight data MUST match the name on file in my Trusted Traveler program [in this case GE], correct?

Last edited by iluv2fly; Nov 8, 2012 at 8:47 am Reason: merge
Old Nov 8, 2012, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Just double checking as I am relatively new to this program [have had bad luck flying in/out of airports without Pre-Check until they opened one at PIT]... It does not matter what your traveler profile name shows on UA.com, what your name looks on the boarding pass, or anywhere else.... All that matters is the secure flight data MUST match the name on file in my Trusted Traveler program [in this case GE], correct?
Correct.

FWIW, I'm at 100% so far in four tries (two in EWR, two in PDX).
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K 2MM
continuing problems with kiosk printed bps

This has been discussed before; last week out of SEA, the kiosk spit out two boarding passes. Mrs. Flyer 420 presented her's at TSA and got the 3 beep go-ahead; my bp produced nothing. (it also could not be read at the UC and at the gate and the UC in DEN). I am going to try to get my boarding passes printed by an agent hereafter. Remember, technology is our fiend, I mean, friend...

Flyer 420
in Seattle
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
No issues last weekend out of BOS - was only person in line!
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Originally Posted by ticketatl
Here's the latest re: two new PreCheck lanes (UA in T3 and AA in T2) at SFO from The BAT.

http://thebat-sf.com/2012/11/07/prec...-lanes-at-sfo/
Finally!
Old Nov 8, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Avis President's Club, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bakster21
No issues last weekend out of BOS - was only person in line!
Which BOS terminal?

I know Term A has PreCheck. I went through Term C two weeks ago and two different TSA employees did not know when C would get it.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Really wish they would implement in terminal C, but I don't think it is currently planned. Terminal A at BOS is much nicer anyway and I prefer to fly the legacy CO routes

I've been 100% hit rate since I started and I've been through somewhere in the range of 15-20 times... ^

Also I think I've only waited in line 1 time at BOS for maybe 2 minutes. Both times I've been through at LAX I was the only person and the half dozen times I've been through at EWR was the same.

ORD was the only "poor" experience I had because that day TSA had the precheck people routing through the same line as Premier Access which totally defeats the purpose...
Old Nov 8, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Avis President's Club, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by pjsantoro
Really wish they would implement in terminal C, but I don't think it is currently planned. Terminal A at BOS is much nicer anyway and I prefer to fly the legacy CO routes
I've heard "later this year" and "don't know" on my last several trips through BOC Term C. I'm flying out of there tomorrow (11/9) and plan to ask again.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 7:16 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
LAX

Another happy LAX pre-check on Tuesday.

Did OLCI using the United app on my iPhone, and put the BP in "passbook".

I went back and "re-printed" the BP to my laptop screen, and was able to scan it using a scanning app; got the "3", so I knew I would be good to go.

Upon passing through the metal detector, gave a big ^ to the TSA guys behind the desk. Probably they don't get too many compliments, I'm guessing!
Old Nov 8, 2012, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ticketatl
Here's the latest re: two new PreCheck lanes (UA in T3 and AA in T2) at SFO from The BAT.

http://thebat-sf.com/2012/11/07/prec...-lanes-at-sfo/
Excellent! I'll be flying out of SFO in the 15th. However, is it going to be over at the elite line in between T3 and the Intl terminal and will it have the same ridiculous early closing time??? Or will it be by the CLEAR line right by the escalators coming down from the train?
Old Nov 8, 2012, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I'm about to experience my first PreCheck at EWR tomorrow...sick of the Friday afternoon PremierAccess lines at the C3 checkpoint
Old Nov 9, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold
I flew PHX-AUS two days ago on 11-7, went to the PreCheck line. No one was in line, scanned my phone, got the 3 beeps, and was let right on thru. Fastest I've ever made it thru a checkpoint. Felt weird being able to keep my shoes on, and not have to take my laptop out.^
Old Nov 9, 2012, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Excellent! I'll be flying out of SFO in the 15th. However, is it going to be over at the elite line in between T3 and the Intl terminal and will it have the same ridiculous early closing time??? Or will it be by the CLEAR line right by the escalators coming down from the train?
The article said:

One at United’s premium or elite level member checkpoint (“F3”) in Terminal 3
So it would be safe to assume that the lone WTMD at the elite checkpoint will become Pre-Check. How they'll configure the lane access in that cluster fudge of a checkpoint will be interesting..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.