Search
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
EWR United Club Status as of November 2021
Terminal A - A2 concourse
C1 - Near gate C74, upper level.
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 - no hot food
C3 - Pop-up location near C124 - permanently closed due to new club construction, Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
In the Terminal A UC Club now. No comparison to Terminal C.

I don't know if this is at other clubs and I missed it, but this one has spinach & artichoke dip (it tasted better than it looks), in addition to two soups (chicken noodle and minestrone) and the usual salad stuff & desserts.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA Platinum | Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
I don't know if this is at other clubs and I missed it, but this one has spinach & artichoke dip (it tasted better than it looks)
Nice lounge at A, right?? Terminal C UC was serving that spinach & artichoke dip a couple weeks ago as one of the two soups. Then typical of EWR's UC consistency issues, they replaced it with an entirely different soup when it ran out .
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Flying EWR-SFO this morning, departing form Gate 123, I stopped by the "pop-up" lounge. What a sad joke that is. Tiny space packed to the gills. Turned immediately around and grabbed a spot at one of the tables in the gate area. Much more spacious and peaceful.

Combine the awful UC situation at EWR with the mob-scene security experience (pre line was literally several hundred yards long, involving lots of frustrated passengers confronting line-cutters), and I'm going to be looking first to DL or B6 for t-con flights.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Combine the awful UC situation at EWR with the mob-scene security experience (pre line was literally several hundred yards long, involving lots of frustrated passengers confronting line-cutters), and I'm going to be looking first to DL or B6 for t-con flights.
That's unacceptable since I thought EWR finally got their act together with the security lines, and that their pop-up UC's were never too crowded! You gotta complain to UA about it. Irrelevant to this thread, but recently they've been doing actual call-backs to me in response to my recent complaints (via Corporate Customer Care). Not sure if that's a new thing in general for their FF customers or not.

In the past couple of months I also got a response from an executive employee under Oscar, after I emailed him a complaint letter. So they are listening..
Old Mar 23, 2019, 7:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MrGood
recently they've been doing actual call-backs to me in response to my recent complaints (via Corporate Customer Care). Not sure if that's a new thing in general for their FF customers or not.

In the past couple of months I also got a response from an executive employee under Oscar, after I emailed him a complaint letter. So they are listening..
Yes, I've also received several phone calls recently, one from the executive office. It's a nice touch. Except I don't typically answer numbers I don't recognize, so they've all rolled to vm.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K; VA Gold; QF Gold; HHonors Gold; Marriott Gold; National ExecElite
As with some of the other posts, I find the best club at EWR to be a seat at one of the new bars/restaurants in Terminal C, plus my earbuds in my ears.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 1:05 pm

The C74 club at 2:40pm today was a total madhouse. 95% of seats taken and hot as hell. I walked down to C93, where there's a whopping 4 of us altogether.

Old Mar 29, 2019, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
The C74 club at 2:40pm today was a total madhouse. 95% of seats taken and hot as hell. I walked down to C93, where there's a whopping 4 of us altogether.
And that's why I enjoy C93 & C124: overall more space & silence than C74 offers, plus above average plane views. Those factors more than make up for the non-prep snack options, especially since most of the time I like to grab something to snack for later (when I'm actually hungry), and bagged trail mix/chips/cookies/etc are easier to stow than potato salad or soup

That, and the bartenders are great IME
Old Mar 29, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K; VA Gold; QF Gold; HHonors Gold; Marriott Gold; National ExecElite
What, you don't wrap a scoop of potato salad in a napkin to save for later?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL UA WN AMTK
I'm flying out of EWR on UAX on Monday late afternoon. A majority of the time my flight leaves from C but it does leave from A about 1/3 of the time. I have a one-time club pass I'd like to use. Is the Terminal A club usually in good shape around 1-3 PM? I'm fine taking the bus over to C for my flight if need be. Although if my flight is out of C I may need to check-in there first to drop my bag. It will be a leisurely day for me and I have priority security access so I'm not too concerned about all that. Just want to make sure the Terminal A club isn't a total madhouse on Monday afternoons.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KKILR3
I'm flying out of EWR on UAX on Monday late afternoon. A majority of the time my flight leaves from C but it does leave from A about 1/3 of the time. I have a one-time club pass I'd like to use. Is the Terminal A club usually in good shape around 1-3 PM? I'm fine taking the bus over to C for my flight if need be. Although if my flight is out of C I may need to check-in there first to drop my bag. It will be a leisurely day for me and I have priority security access so I'm not too concerned about all that. Just want to make sure the Terminal A club isn't a total madhouse on Monday afternoons.
I wouldn't bus from one terminal to another for any United Club. Terminal A is usually a bit more comfortable, but it's not worth going there if your flight is from C, even if you have all day. Assuming nothing changes from now until your flight, in Terminal C the C74 club is my preference.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL UA WN AMTK
Originally Posted by fumje
I wouldn't bus from one terminal to another for any United Club. Terminal A is usually a bit more comfortable, but it's not worth going there if your flight is from C, even if you have all day. Assuming nothing changes from now until your flight, in Terminal C the C74 club is my preference.
Are they accepting one-time passes again? That was my concern with the C-clubs (well, that and the other locations being pop-ups).
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KKILR3
Are they accepting one-time passes again? That was my concern with the C-clubs (well, that and the other locations being pop-ups).
I believe they're all accepting the passes, but my last time through EWR was January, so perhaps someone has a more recent observation.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I disagree. Club in Terminal A is miles more comfortable than the crowded pit of C.

When my UAX flights leave out of Terminal C, I consistently go to the A Club, then bus over when needed.

TSA is worse at A, but A is closer to the rental car return...so it is a wash for time spent.
Old May 15, 2019, 10:35 pm

Is Friday 5 to 6 pm considered a busy time for either terminal A or terminal C 74 ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.