Search
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
EWR United Club Status as of November 2021
Terminal A - A2 concourse
C1 - Near gate C74, upper level.
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 - no hot food
C3 - Pop-up location near C124 - permanently closed due to new club construction, Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by goodeats21
In the High C terminal area, on the 2nd floor.
Dies anyone have pictures? I believe construction is underway ?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:59 pm

Hey Awesome Flyers

I have united mileageplus explorer card and have two United Club Lounge passes, and wondering which lounge I should goto. I have 7 hour layover at EWR, I will land at 4:30 AM and 12 PM is my next flight, but I don't have United membership that costs 450$/year. I read that EWR lounges might not accept those one day passes, but I am thinking since 4:30 AM might be empty so maybe I should try? Also, any suggestions how to goto from Terminal C to Terminal A UC lounge (I heard on other forums but I am afraid I will get lost lol)
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Cerig289
I have united mileageplus explorer card and have two United Club Lounge passes, and wondering which lounge I should goto. I have 7 hour layover at EWR, I will land at 4:30 AM and 12 PM is my next flight, but I don't have United membership that costs 450$/year. I read that EWR lounges might not accept those one day passes, but I am thinking since 4:30 AM might be empty so maybe I should try? Also, any suggestions how to goto from Terminal C to Terminal A UC lounge (I heard on other forums but I am afraid I will get lost lol)
Assuming from your arrival time you're coming in on an International Flight, it will arrive at either Terminal B or C. After rechecking your checked bags, you'll be in the public area of the airport. Terminal A UC is a good choice for using a pass (even more convenient if that's where your next flight is departing from) and generally not too crowded. Take the AirTrain to Terminal A, go through Security (making sure you choose the pier for gates in the 20's). As you clear Security and are facing the gates, you'll do a 180 and start to follow the route to leave the Terminal. The UC is on the left. You don't mention your destination, but when you recheck your bags, ask if there's an earlier connection to your destination. You may not have to stay in EWR as long as you originally thought. Last comment - if your connecting flight isn't departing from Terminal A, head to the Bus departure area (near Gate 28) and take the Shuttle Bus to your connecting terminal. Allow an hour to get to your departure gate if not in A.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by El Comandante
I was through EWR last week and went to the "Polaris" club (the old United club with the showers at EWR). You can put lipstick on a pig.... I did stop by the other actual United Club. If you thought they both used to be crowded, you should see it now that UC members can't get into Polaris! The UC at gate 74 looked like a bad pick me up bar from the 80's. Even the bathroom was PACKED! There were fewer people at the gate. Needless to say, I went down to concourse B. The clubs I have access to down there are MUCH nicer. I did get an invite to the "invitation only" United "Classified" and even that was less than I expected. It's good to be out of the US domestic service metal.
You think that the Polaris lounge is a pig?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:43 pm

Some website and past Google flight records show that both my departure and arrival is on Terminal C. UA83 (DEL->EWR) and UA1610 (EWR->MSY). You think I should try UC at terminal C since I am arriving so early and it might be empty? Anyways, Thanks alot for helping me out, you are so awesome and may God bless you. I am so glad I found this awesome forum with great members.

Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Assuming from your arrival time you're coming in on an International Flight, it will arrive at either Terminal B or C. After rechecking your checked bags, you'll be in the public area of the airport. Terminal A UC is a good choice for using a pass (even more convenient if that's where your next flight is departing from) and generally not too crowded. Take the AirTrain to Terminal A, go through Security (making sure you choose the pier for gates in the 20's). As you clear Security and are facing the gates, you'll do a 180 and start to follow the route to leave the Terminal. The UC is on the left. You don't mention your destination, but when you recheck your bags, ask if there's an earlier connection to your destination. You may not have to stay in EWR as long as you originally thought. Last comment - if your connecting flight isn't departing from Terminal A, head to the Bus departure area (near Gate 28) and take the Shuttle Bus to your connecting terminal. Allow an hour to get to your departure gate if not in A.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Some website and past Google flight records show that both my departure and arrival is on Terminal C. UA83 (DEL->EWR) and UA1610 (EWR->MSY). You think I should try UC at terminal C since I am arriving so early and it might be empty? Anyways, Thanks alot for helping me out, you are so awesome and may God bless you. I am so glad I found this awesome forum with great members.
Even if you arrive in Terminal C, you will need to clear Immigration / Customs, and will end up landside (outside security).
For 7 hours, I HIGHLY recommend you use the Term A United Club. It will be a MUCH better experience for you.

Just follow the signs to the AirTrain, and go to Terminal A. Go thru security for the United Gates (Gates 20-28). The United Club is just a quick U-turn from when you exit security. (Looks like you are exiting the Terminal again, but the door to the United Club is on the left).

The Terminal A club is recently remodeled, very clean and bright, and not very crowded. The Club in C is a pit of despair.

When time for your flight to MSY, assuming you need to get to Terminal C, there is a transfer bus that keeps you airside (inside the secure zone), so you do not need to go through security again. Give yourself 30 minutes to get from A to C for your boarding time.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
One other thing, are you flying in Economy or Business (Polaris) Class? If Business Class, then you can use the Polaris Lounge in Terminal C. Otherwise, as stated above, it's worth the trip to Terminal A.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
While there is no doubt the A United Club is the best of the lot, The C74 Club is just fine if you are there early enough to get one of the seats by the windows looking out to the tarmac. Going to the A terminal and then getting to the C concourse by bus (staying airside) is actually fairly easy and the Agents are more likely to be readily available if you decide to try to change your flight.
However, if I get into a good seat in the C74 Club I am happy to hang out there, even if it does get busy.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Stopped by the pop up UC at C92/93.

Much quieter than C124.

David
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Agree completely. The walls go to a ceiling at C92 where C124 is walled off but is open to the concourse. This makes most of the cacophony of sounds from competing announcements part of the ambiance.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
NO "best" UC at EWR- only "Least Worst". This morning was like "The Sinking of the Medusa"-overcrowded, no decent seats, long lines for coffee, food, bathrooms. At least the leaking ceiling was fixed
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA Platinum | Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by manstein58
NO "best" UC at EWR- only "Least Worst".
I take it you haven't visited the UC at Terminal A? I didn't believe how pleasant it was until I visited it myself, and now it's one of my all-time favorite UC's!
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by MrGood
I take it you haven't visited the UC at Terminal A? I didn't believe how pleasant it was until I visited it myself, and now it's one of my all-time favorite UC's!
Good point. It is a nice club- the nicest actually at EWR. The downside- and there's always a downside at EWR- is the dreadful Terminal A
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by manstein58
Good point. It is a nice club- the nicest actually at EWR. The downside- and there's always a downside at EWR- is the dreadful Terminal A
By far the nicest club at EWR. And one of the better ones across the system. I have always found an open seat at the bar and the food setup is pretty good.

As for Terminal A -
I love the 30 second walk from the Club to any of the gates and no OTG crapfest food to contend with.
Security has gotten better now that the nasty blue-coat dragons are gone (replaced with a much better contractor).
Lack of consistent full Pre-Check is about the only bummer.

Grab a Jersey Mike's sub on the way to stash in my backpack for the plane ride. Drinks and nibbles at the Club right up until boarding time....
Not bad at all...
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by MrGood
True, the Term A united club isn't bad.

The C Terminal ones are so bad now that I now just skip them... go to the downstairs gates at the end of C2 or C3 and hang out there... as they are usually mostly empty. Polaris on the otherhand has been lifechanging. I really enjoy the polaris lounge... especially the sitdown dining area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.