Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2013, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aacharya
The Fleet Status site is:

https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfleetsite/

At the site, you can find information about the interior features, livery, etc., for every plane in United's fleet.

To determine which plane your flight will be on go to mobile.united.com and then click on flight status. Put in the flight number for your flight and just have it use today's date (occasionally it'll say flight not operated on this date in which case just choose one of the other 3 dates it lists). In the address bar you'll see something like this:

mobile.united.com/FlightStatus/FlightDetails?carrierCode=UA&flightNumber=1205&fli ghtDate=9%2F22%2F2013&origin=EWR&destination=SFO

Just change the flight date to match the day of your scheduled flight and then change the origin / destination if necessary. Once you do that look in the details tab under aircraft # and if they have assigned a plane it'll say something like #3506 and the type of plane. Once you know that go to the United Fleet website listed above and cross-reference the four digit number against the "aircraft" column under the appropriate aircraft type.

Keep in mind that things change as they get closer and sometimes either they won't have assigned an aircraft yet or it'll be assigned #0 if it's a few days away and they are anticipating aircraft movement (e.g. putting a new/converted p.s. plane entering into service).
Print Wikipost

United Airlines Fleet Updates

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2013, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
What's the current story on N194UA?

Is it still in the "old" (non-IPTE) configuration? Is it still running charters?

It looks like it took a "test" flight today?

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N194UA
Old Mar 12, 2013, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by warreng24
What's the current story on N194UA?

Is it still in the "old" (non-IPTE) configuration? Is it still running charters?

It looks like it took a "test" flight today?

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N194UA
The story is it is used for charter flights and is still in the non IPTE configuration and no plans to convert it. Since returning to the fleet from the Atlas lease it has not flown regular revenue service, contrary to the predictions on FT

Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Any news on the bird that's in for the ps reconfig? There are some of the new seatmaps showing up starting this Friday.
The first one is planned for a test hop tomorrow.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 12, 2013 at 7:57 pm Reason: merge
Old Mar 12, 2013, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by worldtrav
The first one is planned for a test hop tomorrow.
Well that's exciting. If all goes well, would it then be ready for prime-time this weekend?
Old Mar 12, 2013, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well that's exciting. If all goes well, would it then be ready for prime-time this weekend?
No. If all goes well the airplane will wrap up all the testing and be completed in the next week. THEN it will sit for 2-7 days while the FAA finalizes the STC paperwork. THEN it will probably go to a hub for some FA training. It should be in revenue service before the end of the month. If this was the second airplane converted the answer to your question would be yes.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by planemechanic
No. If all goes well the airplane will wrap up all the testing and be completed in the next week. THEN it will sit for 2-7 days while the FAA finalizes the STC paperwork. THEN it will probably go to a hub for some FA training. It should be in revenue service before the end of the month. If this was the second airplane converted the answer to your question would be yes.
Oh well. Guess the seatmaps are getting switched back, then.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:13 pm

Oh well. Guess the seatmaps are getting switched back, then.
Keep in mind that this is the first PS plane (and only PS plane) that is in mod. There are several PS planes (12) -- not sure if they will convert them all but regardless, it will take awhile.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by edcho
Keep in mind that this is the first PS plane (and only PS plane) that is in mod. There are several PS planes (12) -- not sure if they will convert them all but regardless, it will take awhile.
I know. What's strange is that, from what I can tell, sometime in the recent past (this week?), UA updated seatmaps associated with one particular bird (not the one currently in mod) to reflect the new seatmap, starting this Friday and going into perpetuity. This got my hopes up, as I'll be travelling this weekend.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:24 pm

I know. What's strange is that, from what I can tell, sometime in the recent past (this week?), UA updated seatmaps associated with one particular bird (not the one currently in mod) to reflect the new seatmap, starting this Friday and going into perpetuity. This got my hopes up, as I'll be travelling this weekend.
I noticed my PS flights changed to the new seat maps a few months ago but the flight I took on Monday (PS) was the old bird and didn't update it till 48-72 hours out.

It looks like they want to sell the PS planes as the "new config" as it might be easier to switch to an old config rather than selling "first class" on a plane that might not have "first class".
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:28 pm

I noticed my PS flights changed to the new seat maps a few months ago but the flight I took on Monday (PS) was the old bird and didn't update it till 48-72 hours out.
Interesting. All my flights switched back to the old layout long ago.

It looks like they want to sell the PS planes as the "new config" as it might be easier to switch to an old config rather than selling "first class" on a plane that might not have "first class".
I think that's the purpose of the intermediary, magical make-believe seatmap with two kinds of United Business and some E- thrown in for funsies: http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...57/200/v2.aspx
Old Mar 13, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by planemechanic
THEN it will probably go to a hub for some FA training.
I expect it to go to JFK for FA training, since the ps flights are staffed with JFK based crews (sometimes you'll get an LAX/SFO based crew on them, but rare.) There really isn't a need to train other crews on it other than those who will actually work it.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
I expect it to go to JFK for FA training, since the ps flights are staffed with JFK based crews (sometimes you'll get an LAX/SFO based crew on them, but rare.) There really isn't a need to train other crews on it other than those who will actually work it.
They may train the LAX/SFO FA based crews on them as well just in case they pencil them in on a PS flight pairing etc. For example when we on the CO side start flying that early morning IAD - LHR trip that flight will be flown out of the HTA (Houston Intl FA)base. So sometimes you may not always have an all JFK based crew on PS flight you may and as you mentioned have the occasional LAX/SFO based FA onboard.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA1K .455 MM, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Any updates on Hawaii Config 767?

I noticed only 3 left with the old C seats with the 4th in for its update to new C from the UA Fleet WIki. Any chance they will knock out 2-3 of the updates by mid-May?

Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:38 am

739 new Delivery:
N36469 Entered MCO

N744 Paint: N118UA entered VCV 6862/13Mar-
N175UA exited VCV 6876/13Mar
744 Maint:
N107UA exited PEK 6857/12Mar
N175UA sked to enter PEK 6850/16Mar

772 Maint:
N229UA sked to exit PEK 6869/15Mar
N771UA sked to exit PEK 6852/15Mar, then sked to reenter PEK 6858/17Mar
N779UA entered PEK 6851/12Mar

763 maint:
N644UA sked to exit HKG 6868/16mar
N647UA entering HKG 6867/14Mar

320 Bins?:
N469UA exited LCQ 6880/14Mar
N470UA entered LCQ 6880/14Mar

73G Maint:
N16701 exited INT 6856/12Mar
N24702 entered INT 6855/12Mar
N15710 was in and out of INT 3/11 to 3/13
Old Mar 15, 2013, 5:44 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
When pmUA LAX FAs lost the vast majority of Hawaii flying and pmUA JFK/LGA FAs picked up some EWR international flying, p.s. was reassigned to LAX-based FAs.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
738,s with mid cabin rest room

I flew on aircraft 3275 to LAX today. A 737-800 with the LAV between F and Y. Are these aircraft going to be converted and also have DTV added. I sat in the right side baulkhead and there is not as much space as a standard 737-800, similar to a -700.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.