Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Let's Eat - Domestic First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Let's Eat - Domestic First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2012, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
I find the plain white bowls and plates to be so dull. The CO China was much more elegant and had some style. Definitely not an upgrade.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by glx
Interesting to see that the p.s. menu above (JFK-LAX) is IDENTICAL to the menu I just got from EWR-SFO (CO1246, CO 757-200 with lie-flat BF seats). Seems as though that unconfirmed rumor is now confirmed true.

Pork chop was juicy with just the right amount of fat and actually cooked extremely well. I was very impressed. That said, the catering is definitely a little screwy - no chocolate sauce for the ice cream, no white wine, and no Grand Marnier (requested by the gentleman next to me). FA's were surprised about all three being missing.
I was on that flight and similarly impressed by the pork chop. My girlfriend had the chicken and it was delicious as well (albiet not as warm as I would have hoped). I'm glad to hear that PMUA P.S. routes are getting similar treatment.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 5:51 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
ORD-LAX F Dinner,Tues 2/21

Choices were described as beef tenderloin or pasta with zucchini. Accompanied by small side salad and a small fruit bowl and roll.

I had the beef, which really seemed like a short rib instead of tenderloin. Accompanied by broccoli and thin spaghetti (think Asian style thin noodles.) The beef by itself would have been quite good but it was covered by some sort of Asian flavored red wine sauce that detracted from the beef. It was a weird combination of flavors that did not work for me.

I think dessert was a cookie, but I fell asleep and missed out.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by JerseyCityS
I find the plain white bowls and plates to be so dull. The CO China was much more elegant and had some style. Definitely not an upgrade.
Ew, you liked our old flowered china? It was tacky (and outdated). What, are you from Jersey or something?

Oh... wait
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
UA980
ORD-MIA
6:00 am
A320
"Light" Breakfast

Choice of egg, ham & cheese croissant sandwich with fruit or cereal with fruit.

The cereal with fruit came with a fruit bowl, yogurt, and banana.

The sandwich came with the fruit bowl and yogurt.

Choice of croissant or cinnamon roll.

The sandwich was pretty good, but I'll definitely miss egg dishes on these "shorter" (sub-1500?) flights with "light meals."

http://i44.tinypic.com/opww79.jpg
Old Feb 22, 2012, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
Originally Posted by Sulley
Ew, you liked our old flowered china? It was tacky (and outdated). What, are you from Jersey or something?

Oh... wait
Ok - you don't like it, but the style of the plain white they chose has no style. It's cheap and dull. Plain white can be beautiful - Lufthansa F for example.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by demkr
UA980
ORD-MIA
6:00 am
A320
"Light" Breakfast

http://i44.tinypic.com/opww79.jpg
It looks just like the "BUSINESS 1" breakfast!!
I miss "BUSINESS 1"

Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:59 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Silver, UA 1K, DL Silver
2/26/2012 United 355 SFO-IAD 5:18 departure
No pre departure drink
Choice of chicken and rice or cheese ravioli with red sauce. Went with the pasta and enjoyed it. Came with a small smoked salmon dish and a salad. The salmon was decent.
Had my first sundae on united! Came out on a little wheeled cart, which was different from my continental experiences. The flight attendants were poking fun at the spoons they were given to poor on the chocolate sauce and kept saying, "This is how they want us to do it..." It was kind of funny, but I think it would be a little less distracting if they just made them in the galley like the times I had them on continental. Regardless, I am a big fan.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 8:41 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
now that special meals really are "special" occurrences these days...can anyone report on what's now being served for the various types and whether they are any better or worse than what used to be served?

I've got an another p.s. breakfast flight next week, and would like to try something new.

Sadly, this past week's standard egg option in Biz, seemed even smaller than ever and was served barely lukewarm, at best.

At least, the FA didn't ask that I rank & actually write my selection on the menu (sorta like ordering takeout ) as had happened on a recent January lunch flight.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
IAD-SEA

Last night I flew IAD-SEA for a dinner flight.

Choices were roast beef and Penne Pasta...I had the pasta which was pretty good. In fact all the sides were pretty good and was told the beef was good as well. Afterwards we had made to order sundays which were also good (the ice cream was soft enough to spoon without much effort).

Definitely one of the better comestic meals I have had.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 11:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
IAD-SFO lunch and SFO-HNL (CO metal) dinner, 3/1

The lunch entree choices were the same as the ORD-LAX dinner a few posts above. Chose the beef with Asian noodle and broccoli, which I actually found quite decent. The tray included a shrimp cocktail as well as a salad. The sundae was made in the galley.

The dinner was a choice of steak or pasta (I think), and I went with the beef which felt quite stiff under the knife but was ok under my teeth Included an appetizer with shrimp and a large salad (served before the entree). The sundae came on a cart.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 12:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
special meal on P.S. snack flight?

Has anyone here tried ordering a special meal on the late night JFK-LAX p.s. flight in C? It is designated as a snack flight and I would like to avoid the fruit and cheese plate, if possible (I am vegetarian so the chicken with pasta is not an option).
Old Mar 6, 2012, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
it appears that on PS flights and EWR-west coast flights one can order speical meals. So since you do not eat chicken can one assume you are a lacto-ovo-vegetarian or pescatarian vegetarian ?

Originally Posted by kingsubbu
Has anyone here tried ordering a special meal on the late night JFK-LAX p.s. flight in C? It is designated as a snack flight and I would like to avoid the fruit and cheese plate, if possible (I am vegetarian so the chicken with pasta is not an option).
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
LAX-IAD F Morning Flight

Old Mar 9, 2012, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
EWR-FLL Morning Flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.