Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New January 2012 Million Milers (light). Post pre/post miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New January 2012 Million Milers (light). Post pre/post miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2012, 10:41 pm

Smile 800K to 1.08M, plus nominated spouse!

Went from 800K to 1.08 million. Add my 320K from Continental later this quarter - and on the way to 2 million.

Tried earlier today to use mileageplus.com/thanksamillion - and it didn't recognize my status, but it did about 5 minutes ago - so I could boost my wife.

Since I'm 1K - the way I read it - my spouse should match to me (she is very happy about that) - except no SWU. (This line was in the Terms and Conditions link (full terms listed below) - hadn't see this anywhere before: If you earn a higher Premier level during the program year, your companion will also receive that higher status level)

-Main Confirmation Screen-------------------------------------
"Congratulations your companion will receive MileagePlus status at the same Premier level you enjoy, starting in late first quarter 2012. We look forward to welcoming you both onboard soon.

-Terms and Conditions Link-----------------------------------------------
Terms and Conditions for MileagePlus Million Miler Companion Benefit
All 2012 members who earn one million lifetime miles and beyond earn lifetime status rewards for themselves as well as the option to extend their current elite status on an annual basis to a spouse or significant other.

2012 Million Miler benefits, including spouse or significant other Premier benefits, are scheduled to take effect for all members late in the first quarter of 2012.
Million Miler Eligibility:
If your Lifetime Flight Mile balance is one million miles or more, you are considered a Million Miler and may designate your spouse or significant other ("companion") even if you have not yet received any notification from MileagePlus.
You may designate one (1) companion to receive the same Premier level as you currently hold, regardless if you have 1 Million lifetime miles or more than 2 Million lifetime miles.
If you earn a higher Premier level during the program year, your companion will also receive that higher status level. However if your companion earns a higher Premier level, your account status will not change.
Companion Eligibility:
A companion is defined as your spouse or significant other who either resides at the same address as you, based on your MileagePlus profile information, or shares your last name.
Your children, other family members, friends or co-workers are not eligible for this benefit.
Your companion must be an enrolled member of the MileagePlus program under their own name and may not already be the companion of another Million Miler.
The companion benefit is awarded on an annual basis and is non-transferable.
Your companion will be sent their own individual Premier credentials and does not need to be traveling with you to receive the benefits of the Premier level awarded.
Your designated companion will automatically renew each year unless you let us know otherwise by December 30 of the current year.
You may change the companion on your account; however the change will not be in effect until January 1 of the following year. All change requests must be made by December 30 to be effective for the following year.
The MileagePlus Million Miler program and the Premier program are extensions of the MileagePlus frequent flyer program. All MileagePlus terms and conditions apply.

Last edited by Confuzer; Jan 1, 2012 at 10:47 pm Reason: More details
Old Jan 1, 2012, 10:42 pm

Location: Los Angeles, CA USA UA Premier Plat , 1.24MM, AA EXP
I went from 964K to 1.22M, but too late for UA. I'm jumping ship to AA. I have 70K EQM miles booked on AA in January 2012 with their DEQM. AA's FF program is now better than UA's given the new devaluations this new year.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 11:34 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS 3MM, NH PLT
Went from 1.32M to 2.008M. A great New Year's gift!
Old Jan 1, 2012, 11:48 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold / BA GGL&CCR
I've surprised myself.

438k to 843k
Old Jan 2, 2012, 6:48 am

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Dec 30 - 350,338

Flight, Dec 30 - 4419

Jan 2 - 538,116

Total change - 183,359
Old Jan 2, 2012, 7:20 am

Programs: UA 1P-MM
Yes, as Confuzer stated above, it appears that they fixed the web page so that you can now register your significant other to get MM benefits. The page didn't work for me yesterday but did this morning.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Platinum with 2.5MM. Current AA EXP
Went from 2,001,090 to 2,305,344--about as expected since most of my miles of the past 20 years were on UA metal. Wish it had been a bit closer to 3MM to make the stretch for lifetime 1K a little easier...oh well...

Just glad I hit 2MM BIS miles before the end of 2011 rather than in 2012 ensuring lifetime RCC (aka United Club) membership.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 7:48 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by lovtofly3
Mine adjusted too overnight.

I was 2,504,080

Now
2,846,025 Lifetime flight miles

3MM is reachable now.
I got bumped to nearly that from 1.85MM ...

What's in for 3M? 4M is the cool one ....
Old Jan 2, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: UA GS
Should have taken a picture of my year end summary on 12/31. Don't know what my actual year-end lifetime number was.....does anyone have an idea on how to locate the year-end number. Or alternatively, any place to locate the "adjustment".
Old Jan 2, 2012, 9:46 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
Should have taken a picture of my year end summary on 12/31. Don't know what my actual year-end lifetime number was.....does anyone have an idea on how to locate the year-end number. Or alternatively, any place to locate the "adjustment".
There is no way.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Went from about 865K to 1,132K with the adjustment. Way more than I would have predicted. I guess the FF LH F flights a bunch of years ago actually added up.

Didn't make 1K this time, absent some promo, but this gives me something by letting my wife be Platinum for the year.

Greg
Old Jan 2, 2012, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by dhammer53

I'm currently at 893,000, and will either be (guessing) 930,000 or 1,100,000. I don't know where I'll end up.
OP here. My 893,000 morphed to 1,019,839. You can add another 6000 miles from CO to that.

Now that I'm free from flying UA, I'll book flights from other carriers using the lowest fares to my destination. Thank you United.

Mileage runs... who needs them. MM'er will save many of us some bucks. ^

dh
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Just checked mine - went from ~1.35m to 1.8m. So 2mm in reach in the next couple years. But as has been pointed out the new 2m isn't worth that much..
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:10 am

Programs: UA GS, 3MM, Titanium Elite for life
Originally Posted by rwm818
Just checked mine - went from ~1.35m to 1.8m. So 2mm in reach in the next couple years. But as has been pointed out the new 2m isn't worth that much..
In fact, if I read this properly, you need to get to 2M to recover your previous 1M benefits. I would have crossed 2M next week the old fashion way but ... because of the merge, I can look forward to the same "benefits" I have had for years ... namely Executive Premier (or whatever it is called now). I did get a nice bump in the merge but not enough to make up for the change. I guess I am a corner case :-)

Anyway, Happy New Year everyone,
-small ring
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
But as has been pointed out the new 2m isn't worth that much..
Sure it is, fee free award changes is huge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.