Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New January 2012 Million Milers (light). Post pre/post miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New January 2012 Million Milers (light). Post pre/post miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2012, 4:38 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by BigBossman
103K to 243K...received the correct amount as well. It probably helps that my MP history only goes back to 9/2009.
How did you get 150% bonus? I thought that outside of double or triple eqm was a max bonus of 50% for first class fares?
Old Jan 1, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; QF VA CI KL KE
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
How did you get 150% bonus? I thought that outside of double or triple eqm was a max bonus of 50% for first class fares?
That counts UA EQM extras; other *A EQMs also get added.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA PG 1MM - AccorPlus Platinum
Went from 804k to 1.15M on 12/31 and today my status also updated (PremEx/*G) and I could nominate my spouse for status, too
Old Jan 1, 2012, 5:48 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100K, IHG Plat Amb, MC Gold, HH Gold, MLife Platinum, Caesars Diamond
Was just curious if anyone else got far less than expected? I was checking my father's MP account and it was at 633,535 on Dec 31st and today it's at 637,386.

He lived in Tokyo from 1989 - 1997 and was flying exclusively on United in paid F and occasionally J class to EWR, SFO, HNL, LAX, BOS, SIN, and HKG. I would have thought that this would have amounted to a lot more than 3,851 additional lifetime mileage.

Anyone have something similar or any suggestions how I might be able to investigate this for him?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 5:57 pm

Programs: 3 Month Delta Plat, UA PP 2.4mm, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Lifetime Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by FLDave
Was just curious if anyone else got far less than expected? I was checking my father's MP account and it was at 633,535 on Dec 31st and today it's at 637,386.

He lived in Tokyo from 1989 - 1997 and was flying exclusively on United in paid F and occasionally J class to EWR, SFO, HNL, LAX, BOS, SIN, and HKG. I would have thought that this would have amounted to a lot more than 3,851 additional lifetime mileage.

Anyone have something similar or any suggestions how I might be able to investigate this for him?

Thanks in advance.
I got a whole lot lower than I expected, and not sure I care since I was already a BIS MM and the 2MM benefits don't excite me in the least.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by M@rcoPolo
Went from 804k to 1.15M on 12/31 and today my status also updated (PremEx/*G) and I could nominate my spouse for status, too
Wow, just checked mine again. An hour ago still said Member, Now shows Premier Executive too. Things are happening differently than UAInsider said they would. Wonder if it is all glitches and will be reset. Hope not. Just nominated the wife. She still shows as Member so must take a bit for the nomination to kick in. Reading the statement when I nominated it said late first quarter for her to get my status.

Last edited by Baze; Jan 1, 2012 at 6:57 pm
Old Jan 1, 2012, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA, CX, BR
I move from 6k to 850,000, which puts me about 2 years from 1mm status and permanent gold card. Very tempting therefore to stick with UA after all, at least for US flights...good marketing strategy in my case!
Old Jan 1, 2012, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA 1.5MM 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime
New MM here

Just got a 200K bump for all the years of US Air travel between DC and Boston. I am now officially a MM'er. 1,135,000.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 6:46 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM
Roughly 920,000 to 1,020,000.

Wife says I can now retire.

Last edited by hans; Jan 3, 2012 at 1:43 pm
Old Jan 1, 2012, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD

Thanks in advance.
Did the Class of Service EQM bonuses exist back then?
Old Jan 1, 2012, 8:02 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Don't forget that EQMs earned from Double EQM promos and bonus EQMs earned from flying partners and premium classes counted as well. It looks like only BIS count from hereon. I do not think the CO EQMs have been added to status at this time, I gather they will be added later.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100K, IHG Plat Amb, MC Gold, HH Gold, MLife Platinum, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
Did the Class of Service EQM bonuses exist back then?
I know he was getting bonus RDM's for First and Biz travel (I think 150% and 125% respectively). I don't think there were EQM bonuses back then.

Perhaps, I'm reading this incorrectly, but I thought they were going to go back in time for as long as you have been an MP member and adjust BIS miles to EQM's to get your total lifetime status?
Old Jan 1, 2012, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
I know he was getting bonus RDM's for First and Biz travel (I think 150% and 125% respectively). I don't think there were EQM bonuses back then.

Perhaps, I'm reading this incorrectly, but I thought they were going to go back in time for as long as you have been an MP member and adjust BIS miles to EQM's to get your total lifetime status?
Yes - but they just went back and added up the EQM you earned back then, they're not going back and adjusting how many EQM you earned back then to what the current earning rules are. So they won't add the COS EQM bonus in to flights that your father took before the COS EQM bonus existed.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 8:27 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
Yes - but they just went back and added up the EQM you earned back then, they're not going back and adjusting how many EQM you earned back then to what the current earning rules are. So they won't add the COS EQM bonus in to flights that your father took before the COS EQM bonus existed.
The above makes sense, I thought they were actually going to go back and recalculate everything. Thanks Rob.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 10:04 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta MM, Lufthansa FTL, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by chicoflyer#1
.77 to 1.008. Agree, no SWU, CR1s and no longer the old 1P perks is too bad, but I did get 28% "free". . Nice to have, though. Wife is happy.
Sorry for sounding like the Grinch but, I rather be short of MM with the hope of working towards achieving a worthy status than achieving MM that is a sorry comparison to the previous version -with virtually no benefits. As they say, there is no nothing such as a free lunch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.