Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone booked LH F awards recently?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2013, 11:04 pm

Programs: United-1K+2MM, Bonvoy-LifetimeGold,IHG-Diamond-Ambassador
I'm a happy man

Yesterday I've booked: DUS-FRA on LH in business,FRA-NRT on LH in first, then NRT via BKK to SIN on TG in first and business, then SIN to HKG on SQ in business and onwards to MUC on LH in first. MUC to DUS on LH in business. 160000miles were deducted, and 198 $US in fees.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 2:51 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by zappa42m
Yesterday I've booked: DUS-FRA on LH in business,FRA-NRT on LH in first, then NRT via BKK to SIN on TG in first and business, then SIN to HKG on SQ in business and onwards to MUC on LH in first. MUC to DUS on LH in business. 160000miles were deducted, and 198 $US in fees.
An excellent way of burning 160k miles ^
Old Jul 26, 2013, 5:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Very annoyed. I am looking for a F DFW-FRA-AUH/DXB to try the new first class. I know the first segment will have the old F, and I am ok with it. I need to leave DFW on 8/9. Now, the first segment F opened up - as per ANA tool. The second segment is trickier. AUH was supposed to have new first class but today it was switched back to old F. Of course it is F7A0 and available for award booking. DXB on that day is F5A4 - it's the only day of the week with less than F7 (!) and only F5 although expertflyer shows only 2 pax booked.

Do you think LH will open up seats on this flight eventually?

Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by oneworld82
Very annoyed. I am looking for a F DFW-FRA-AUH/DXB to try the new first class. I know the first segment will have the old F, and I am ok with it. I need to leave DFW on 8/9. Now, the first segment F opened up - as per ANA tool. The second segment is trickier. AUH was supposed to have new first class but today it was switched back to old F. Of course it is F7A0 and available for award booking. DXB on that day is F5A4 - it's the only day of the week with less than F7 (!) and only F5 although expertflyer shows only 2 pax booked.

Do you think LH will open up seats on this flight eventually?

Thanks!
Hi oneworld 82,

Duplicate posts are not allowed on FT. You posted your question in the M&M forum and it has already been answered there.

Kind regards,
totti
Old Jul 28, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I was looking for LAX to FRA on the Intercontinental in F. It became available two days before my flight. I was leaving out of a south western US city so had to call UA to have that put in. Looking forward to another flight on this majestic plane. Award flights I tried to book out of IAH into FRA never got ticketed using UA online. 747-8 seems easier to book as award than A380.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
I was looking for LAX to FRA on the Intercontinental in F. It became available two days before my flight. I was leaving out of a south western US city so had to call UA to have that put in. Looking forward to another flight on this majestic plane. Award flights I tried to book out of IAH into FRA never got ticketed using UA online. 747-8 seems easier to book as award than A380.
You should try the new LH F on 747-400s. Even though the 744s are older, the new F product is better than on A380s/A330s/A340s/B748Is because you get a flat seat and a separate bed.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
ord-fra-bkk

Just booked in new F on the 747 next Saturday.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 1:34 pm

Just back from a trip from NY to Naples with the wife. Was able to change 2 bus class * Alliance awards to First class on the JFK-FRA leg on the 747-400 about 9 days prior. Issues with phantom FC awards listed on the UA website. Used the ANA tool which was very accurate. Actually had to convince the UA phone agent to call Lufthansa to grab the seats since I could see them on ANA, but she could not on UA. What I found interesting was on my return TATL portion from MUC-EWR, no FC awards opened up even though EF showed F6 through the day of departure. Looked like there were no *Alliance awards available of any type coming back from MUC over a week period by looking at ANA. Looked like there were 2 empty FC when we took off. Any thoughts as to why?
Old Jul 29, 2013, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Originally Posted by fly747first
You should try the new LH F on 747-400s. Even though the 744s are older, the new F product is better than on A380s/A330s/A340s/B748Is because you get a flat seat and a separate bed.
Thank you. Did that a couple months ago. Like the concept of what they did with their older 747s. Love the 747-8 and their spacious lavs. A treat after being on UA in any class.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 8:39 am
Suspended

SO, I trying to get a DFW-FRA-BAH/AUH seat in First... based on ANA tool, all three segments are open, but the agent can only see availability on DFW-FRA. Sigh
Old Aug 1, 2013, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by oneworld82
SO, I trying to get a DFW-FRA-BAH/AUH seat in First... based on ANA tool, all three segments are open, but the agent can only see availability on DFW-FRA. Sigh
IME, UA.com frequently seems to lag ANA by up to 24 hours at the initial release. Suspect that you will see FRA-BAH/AUH availability on UA.com later today or tomorrow. Your dilemma is do you (a) book DFW-FRA now and change later incurring a fee if you are not PP/1K, or (b) hold off until FRA-BAH/AUH clears and hope that DFW-FRA is still available.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SFO777
IME, UA.com frequently seems to lag ANA by up to 24 hours at the initial release. Suspect that you will see FRA-BAH/AUH availability on UA.com later today or tomorrow. Your dilemma is do you (a) book DFW-FRA now and change later incurring a fee if you are not PP/1K, or (b) hold off until FRA-BAH/AUH clears and hope that DFW-FRA is still available.
SFO777,

Thanks for the tip. After calling for the third time I was able to book the flight I wanted (yay!). So painful though. I guess I will fly new LH First after all
Old Aug 2, 2013, 3:40 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
Yesterday snagged 2 upgrades from I to O on the LH 423 BOS-FRA for August 14. Been checking UA.com since 7/31 and saw seats at about 7 pm east coast time, called in, got an agent in Hawaii. Upgrade went smoothy, took about 30 minutes to process. Looks like 747-400 with seat and bed combo - yeah !
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by OP5545
Yesterday snagged 2 upgrades from I to O on the LH 423 BOS-FRA for August 14. Been checking UA.com since 7/31 and saw seats at about 7 pm east coast time, called in, got an agent in Hawaii. Upgrade went smoothy, took about 30 minutes to process. Looks like 747-400 with seat and bed combo - yeah !
Sorry, I stand corrected. Should have clarified that this is part of our extravaganza to DPS that already included TG F segments on A380 FRA to BKK and back on A340 BKK to FRA. I was just waiting and hoping for availablity to change the LH I segments to F :-)
Old Aug 2, 2013, 12:18 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Originally Posted by OP5545
Sorry, I stand corrected. Should have clarified that this is part of our extravaganza to DPS that already included TG F segments on A380 FRA to BKK and back on A340 BKK to FRA. I was just waiting and hoping for availablity to change the LH I segments to F :-)
Would have gone FRA-NRT on LH F and then NRT-BKK on TG F either 747 or 380 then onto DPS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.