Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class award availability to ME gone after Ramadan?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:59 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
First Class award availability to ME gone after Ramadan?

I am trying to get a F seat on FRA-DXB/AUH right after the end of Ramadan (Aug 8-10). Although almost all flight have F8 open, there is no award availability... Do you think LH will open up inventory eventually?

thanks
Old Jul 26, 2013, 7:19 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oneworld82
I am trying to get a F seat on FRA-DXB/AUH right after the end of Ramadan (Aug 8-10). Although almost all flight have F8 open, there is no award availability... Do you think LH will open up inventory eventually?

thanks
Which FFP's miles are you using? No problem if burning M&M miles.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 11:15 am
Suspended
Original Poster

United
Old Jul 26, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Discoverist
Lh releases F award availability to partners 14 days ahead of time.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 12:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-recently.html
Old Jul 26, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
After Ramadan is a hard time to fly to DXB.......The city in a ghost town now. Locals are gone on holiday, Expats (except me) are home visiting relatives, etc. Ive never seen Dubai so empty (even emptier this Ramadan then in the past)

Ive flown back and fourth 4 times already in the last few weeks.......both my flights to DXB were EMPTY in F and both my flights from DXB were FULL (2 on LH and 2 on EK).... With all these people gone now, they have to return and most of them do so exactly when you want to fly. That said, you will probably find some open seats at T-7 and earlier (I doubt T-14 at this time of year) I would look at the MUC 330 flight. its an easier F then the Frankfurt 744. (and the arrival time is so much better then dealing with the midnight - 2am rush) (Even with the Marhaba complimentary service LH offers passengers in F, the wait can be forever
Old Jul 26, 2013, 2:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
After Ramadan is a hard time to fly to DXB.......The city in a ghost town now. Locals are gone on holiday, Expats (except me) are home visiting relatives, etc. Ive never seen Dubai so empty (even emptier this Ramadan then in the past)

Ive flown back and fourth 4 times already in the last few weeks.......both my flights to DXB were EMPTY in F and both my flights from DXB were FULL (2 on LH and 2 on EK).... With all these people gone now, they have to return and most of them do so exactly when you want to fly. That said, you will probably find some open seats at T-7 and earlier (I doubt T-14 at this time of year) I would look at the MUC 330 flight. its an easier F then the Frankfurt 744. (and the arrival time is so much better then dealing with the midnight - 2am rush) (Even with the Marhaba complimentary service LH offers passengers in F, the wait can be forever
Well both flights I am interested in have F8A0 - which means they will hardly sell any seat. Plus, J is WIDE open and up for award grab. I am confident!
Old Jul 26, 2013, 5:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Sadly, AUH F opened up but now it switched back to old first... SIGH... the flight to DXB is F5A4
Old Jul 27, 2013, 1:36 pm

Sadly, AUH F opened up but now it switched back to old first... SIGH... the flight to DXB is F5A4
Grab the AUH and hope the DXB opens up. However, Dont count on it....Ive seen F7 with no award availability at all, even at T-1 on this route (but I've also seen F2 and an award seat open so I don't think there is a real policy in place, more like it depends who's working inventory control in FRA on any given day
Old Jul 27, 2013, 2:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Grab the AUH and hope the DXB opens up. However, Dont count on it....Ive seen F7 with no award availability at all, even at T-1 on this route (but I've also seen F2 and an award seat open so I don't think there is a real policy in place, more like it depends who's working inventory control in FRA on any given day
Well, all other days around it are open, even with F5 within 7 days
Old Jul 27, 2013, 6:35 pm

Well, all other days around it are open, even with F5 within 7 days
It still does not hurt to grab what open as an insurance policy. If all the other dates have availability except the day you want, yet they are all showing the same loads I would be weary. Did you look at the loads in J & Y to see if they are full in the back on the date you want.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 9:26 am
Suspended
Original Poster

It still does not hurt to grab what open as an insurance policy. If all the other dates have availability except the day you want, yet they are all showing the same loads I would be weary. Did you look at the loads in J & Y to see if they are full in the back on the date you want.
Everything looks open - all inventories are "9". And the flights on other days are all F8/F7 - so this is why they are open. My flight is the only F5A0 one out ther, sigh... I have noticed that a couple of flights with the same F5 availability that I am seeing opened up at T-7. I will just wait then... I would already be flying old F from DFW to FRA, and I would fly LH only to try the new F at least on a segment. My alternative is flying IAD-AUH on EY F - for which I have an award ticket already. My preference for LH is due to the fact that my onward AUH-SYD is on EY F as well.

Last edited by oneworld82; Jul 28, 2013 at 10:53 am
Old Jul 29, 2013, 5:58 am

Everything looks open - all inventories are "9". And the flights on other days are all F8/F7 - so this is why they are open. My flight is the only F5A0 one out ther, sigh... I have noticed that a couple of flights with the same F5 availability that I am seeing opened up at T-7. I will just wait then... I would already be flying old F from DFW to FRA, and I would fly LH only to try the new F at least on a segment. My alternative is flying IAD-AUH on EY F - for which I have an award ticket already. My preference for LH is due to the fact that my onward AUH-SYD is on EY F as well.
Very strange for a flight with F5 to have A0.....especially on this route where they compete with EK who has some very good A fares....I wonder why this is.....I still think there is something that we are not seeing but I hope it opens for you.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 3:33 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Very strange for a flight with F5 to have A0.....especially on this route where they compete with EK who has some very good A fares....I wonder why this is.....I still think there is something that we are not seeing but I hope it opens for you.
You know wha's even more frustrating? That the day after has F5A4 and award space is open! aaargh... their forecasting model must think the flight is gonna be full...
Old Jul 29, 2013, 4:23 pm

You know wha's even more frustrating? That the day after has F5A4 and award space is open! aaargh... their forecasting model must think the flight is gonna be full...
last months I got an award on one of the 2 JFK-FRA non stops to connect to the FRA-DXB fight. I wanted the late flight which was F7 but the only award was available on the early flight which was F2......now that akes no sense but I was sure at F7 the late flight would open.......4 hours before departure my flight was F0 and the late flight was still F7, yet they NEVER opened a seat on that flight. sometimes what they do makes no sense and thats why you cant count on anything opening......even at F8.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.