Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1P just hit 75K Miles

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA-1K; Marriott Platinum; National Emerald Exec Elite; Avis President's Club (whoopdidoo)
Took 2-3 weeks for the CR1s to post. Just saw them. Took at least 2 weeks for CO Plat status to show up.

How long before the CR1s expire? Do I have all of 2012 to use them?
Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by airchick
...How long before the CR1s expire? ...
12 months (at the end of the month) from posting -- look at your "See upgrade balance" to see the specific dates.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Crossed last Sat/Sun redeye

CR1s dropped into my account today (Mon) afternoon
Still showing Gold on co.com though.

Edit: Now showing Platinum (Mon evening)
I had nearly the same experience/timeframe (with the exception of CR1s).
Thurs-Crossed 75k.
Fri-Flight posted on MP
Mon morning-still Gold on co.com
Mon night (9pm)-Plat on co.com

Datapoint: so far, all my EQMs this year are being accrued to UA (and none to CO).
Old Nov 16, 2011, 8:46 am

Programs: LH Senator, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Plat. Previous: UA 1K, AAdvantage Platinum;
When will i get my Platimum Status

I have over 80k EQM when I total my CO and my UA EQMs

I have merged the accounts and matched Status

UA shows me a Premeir Exec
CO shows me as Gold
Old Nov 16, 2011, 8:55 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Premier Platinum is part of the 2012 Mileage Plus program.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Sorry to bump this, but having problems with the search feature and about to cross 75K... For the rest of 2011, on UA flights, do 75K 1Ps get upgrade priority over regular 1Ps, assuming a UA MP number is used? Or, are all 1Ps, regardless of the 75K lumped together?

Thanks.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 9:31 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
When did you merge your accounts and when did you surpass 75k EQM combined? In my recent experience, I hit 75k on a Monday and it updated my CO status to Plat the following Monday afternoon.

Edit: See this thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...75k-miles.html

Last edited by gobluetwo; Nov 16, 2011 at 9:44 am
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Duke777
Sorry to bump this, but having problems with the search feature and about to cross 75K... For the rest of 2011, on UA flights, do 75K 1Ps get upgrade priority over regular 1Ps, assuming a UA MP number is used? Or, are all 1Ps, regardless of the 75K lumped together?

Thanks.
If use MP # will all be lumped together until Platinum takes effect sometime early next year. Your priority for upgrade will change depending on which airline you fly. Rule of thumb I have been reading is use the FF # for the metal you are flying for upgrade purposes. Lots of threads about it.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Duke777

Thanks.
General concensus on the boards is that UA metal priority is GS > 1K > 1P > PP > P > G > 2P > S. All 1Ps are lumped together, irrespective of mileage total.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
How much better is 1K than Platinum?

Just curious .. Other than the SWU's and the higher priority for upgrades - two huge benefits I realize.. Are there any other specific benefits to 1K over Platinum? ..

Last edited by rgrunnah; Nov 16, 2011 at 5:09 pm Reason: made mistake w/ original post
Old Nov 16, 2011, 5:09 pm
ssh

Programs: UA 1K (MM), MR Plat Prem, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by rgrunnah
Just curious .. Other than the SWU's and the higher priority for upgrades - two huge benefits I realize.. Are there any other specific benefits to 1K over Platinum? ..
That's pretty much it, other than high priority for items like irrops and I think a few breaks on the fees that Platinum doesn't get...
Old Nov 16, 2011, 6:08 pm

Programs: CO Plat, HH Diamond, UA 1P
Sorry if this has already been answered, but if I read the new program details for 2012, it said at the end of the year, there would be a transition period in the first quarter, I will have 96 segments by the end of the year, about half of them MP and the other half OP. My question is do I get premier platinum now, on Jan 1, or do I have to wait until after the transition period. My accounts are combined, CO plat, UA 1P.

Thanks
Old Nov 17, 2011, 1:48 am

Programs: LH Senator, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Plat. Previous: UA 1K, AAdvantage Platinum;
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
When did you merge your accounts and when did you surpass 75k EQM combined? In my recent experience, I hit 75k on a Monday and it updated my CO status to Plat the following Monday afternoon.

Edit: See this thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...75k-miles.html
Merged the account 2 months ago to get my Gold on both. Crossed 75k on Sun/Mon (Sunday PM TATL). I will wait until Monday and hope it happens then

Also - as part of the 2012 program Platinum members will get the US Global Entry benefit. Is that also for people who achieve Platinum in 2011?
Old Nov 17, 2011, 7:28 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bosbjg
...Also - as part of the 2012 program Platinum members will get the US Global Entry benefit. Is that also for people who achieve Platinum in 2011?
If you achieve Plat in 2011, then you will be a 2012 Premier Plat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.