FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   1P just hit 75K Miles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1272160-1p-just-hit-75k-miles.html)

Flying Machine Oct 23, 2011 6:25 pm

1P just hit 75K Miles

If a 1p just hit 75K EQM's this year, is the Platinum in Effect? I read somewhere that you get 2 CR1's up this plateau. Is this correct. When should those hit and when will the status change? Just curious. Thanks and Safe Travels..

WineCountryUA Oct 23, 2011 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine (Post 17323717)
If a 1p just hit 75K EQM's this year, is the Platinum in Effect? ...

yes on CO but not UA (not until sometime Q1 2012)

... I read somewhere that you get 2 CR1's up this plateau. Is this correct. ..

yes

... When should those hit and when will the status change? ..

The CR1s will probably post in about 2 weeks -- timimg is rough estimate since it depends when the miles post and then when the weekly sweep occurs (seems to be Monday? for some).

On UA, there will be no status change but if linked to CO -- that will also take about 2 weeks

halls120 Oct 23, 2011 6:48 pm

If a 1p just hit 75K EQM's this year, is the Platinum in Effect? I read somewhere that you get 2 CR1's up this plateau. Is this correct. When should those hit and when will the status change? Just curious. Thanks and Safe Travels..

the CR's will show up in about two weeks.

Dudey Oct 23, 2011 7:01 pm

Congrats on the milestone! Just another 25K more for 1K! :-)

Potreroflyr Oct 23, 2011 11:29 pm

Platinum credentials?

I'm a soon-to-be Platinum as well, I guess (1200 miles short until yesterday's flight posts).

I thought I saw a thread here (can't find it now) that CO will send new credentials and elevate your status once you pass 75,000 miles...EVEN if the miles are in your MP account (I credited my CO flights to MP to hit the threshold).

Confirmation anyone?

WineCountryUA Oct 24, 2011 12:20 am

Originally Posted by Potreroflyr (Post 17324933)
....I thought I saw a thread here (can't find it now) that CO will send new credentials and elevate your status once you pass 75,000 miles...EVEN if the miles are in your MP account (I credited my CO flights to MP to hit the threshold).

Confirmation anyone?

Correct

You will need to link accounts
http://www.united.com/combinemyactivity

If you have already done this, it will automatically happen.

jkburns1 Oct 24, 2011 6:28 pm

Well if the sweep is Monday it's Monday night not monday morning...

Had the combined 90 segments post on Saturday (finally since 2 of them were from last month that I couldn't get posted) and currently awaiting the platinum sweeeeeep but nothing yet.

I did ironically just get an email w/ subject titled: "Congratulations on Your New 2012 Elite Level"

Opened it to see it was a promotional email of no substance filled with ads congratulating me on my gold status.:td: That status was re-reached in like June. Was amused by the timing of the email. Felt like someone was somewhere waiting and hiding for me to open it so they could pop out and say: PSYCHE!

airchick Oct 24, 2011 6:55 pm

Yep, I just passed 75,000 this weekend after an MR IAD/LAX/SEA/ANC/SEA/SFO/IAD. Still waiting for the ANC/SEA seg to post but am past 75,000 right now. I still have to make a reservation of at least 388 miles to make 1K by the end of the year.

SunLover Oct 25, 2011 2:48 am

Originally Posted by jkburns1 (Post 17329657)
Well if the sweep is Monday it's Monday night not monday morning...

General rule - I have found the CO OnePass system updates @ noon (Houston time) with a two day delay. So flights taken on a Saturday would normally update in your OP account on the following Monday @ noon. YMMV.

SunLover

gobluetwo Oct 25, 2011 7:10 am

According to the following thread, CO status sweeps seem to occur Monday evening and UA sweeps on Sundays.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ong-delay.html

jkburns1 Oct 25, 2011 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by SunLover (Post 17331150)
General rule - I have found the CO OnePass system updates @ noon (Houston time) with a two day delay. So flights taken on a Saturday would normally update in your OP account on the following Monday @ noon. YMMV.

SunLover

If this were true and sweeps were consistent I'd have rolled to platinum but no signs of such

airchick Oct 25, 2011 1:53 pm

I had a late Friday night CO post yesterday afternoon and an early Sat a.m. CO flight post sometime today.

Joshua Oct 25, 2011 2:12 pm

Wife flew Continental flight numbers & metal a week ago Monday (17th). Miles posted to MP around Wednesday last week. MP status updated that night. OnePass status didn't sync up until yesterday or today (not sure which).

1P Oct 25, 2011 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 17323810)
The CR1s will probably post in about 2 weeks -- timimg is rough estimate since it depends when the miles post and then when the weekly sweep occurs (seems to be Monday? for some)

Data point: the sweep happened for me today, Tuesday, 7 days after boarding the flight that took me over the threshhold, 6 days after it landed (TATL eastbound you see). 2 CR1s have now appeared in my account. They weren't there 12 hours ago (which was still today).

SEABrad Oct 25, 2011 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Potreroflyr (Post 17324933)
I'm a soon-to-be Platinum as well, I guess (1200 miles short until yesterday's flight posts).

I thought I saw a thread here (can't find it now) that CO will send new credentials and elevate your status once you pass 75,000 miles...EVEN if the miles are in your MP account (I credited my CO flights to MP to hit the threshold).

Confirmation anyone?

Yes. If your accounts are linked you will receive a new Plat card and bag tags. I linked my accounts and was matched to Gold, Hit 75K and got Plat card about 2-3 weeks after that. Now sitting at 101,004 BIS.