Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1P just hit 75K Miles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2011, 9:25 pm

Shows on UA

The flight that put me over 75,000 just posted on MP. The 2 regional upgrade threshold is gone, now shows distance to 1K. No upgrades posted yet. No Platinum status on CO yet. Ok, maybe it takes a few days . But I would like to make an award ticket change that would be free if I were Platinum...
Old Oct 25, 2011, 9:39 pm

I'v just crossed 75K as well and have another 10-15k of travel left in the year. Still trying to figure out if there's value for a MR. My flights are all domestic, so I don't weigh SWUs too much.

What do you guys think?
Old Oct 26, 2011, 6:31 am

Programs: UA (lame duck)1K, US Plat,HHonors Diamond, PC Plat, SPG Plat, MR Platinum
Originally Posted by Dudey
I'v just crossed 75K as well and have another 10-15k of travel left in the year. Still trying to figure out if there's value for a MR. My flights are all domestic, so I don't weigh SWUs too much.

What do you guys think?
I would think the combo of the rdm bonus, upgrade priority and SWU's combined would be enough to warrant getting the 10K needed. Although good MR availability is weak IMO.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 7:37 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Potreroflyr
The flight that put me over 75,000 just posted on MP. The 2 regional upgrade threshold is gone, now shows distance to 1K. No upgrades posted yet. No Platinum status on CO yet. Ok, maybe it takes a few days . But I would like to make an award ticket change that would be free if I were Platinum...
Interesting. My OP account still shows distance to Gold and MP account still shows distance to 1P.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 8:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, H.H. Gold, Hyatt GP Plat, SPG Gold, Enterprise Plat, Avis Pres Club

What do you guys think?
Where are you based?

The decision is all personal. I travel solely domestically and at the start of the year made the decision to push for 1K after flying 60K for work in 2010. After the vouchers I received for bumps, my out of pocket cost for the 35,000 or so miles I needed was right around $750. I was pretty happy with my decision after the new program changes were announced.

You can always use the SWU's or CR1's for friends. I've upgraded my mother and GF for future trips and will just let UDU or an exit row suffice for me. If you think an SWU is worth $X, then if you can get the 10K miles you need for $6X, I think it is a good decision, of course you should factor in your time as well.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by SEABrad
Where are you based?

The decision is all personal. I travel solely domestically and at the start of the year made the decision to push for 1K after flying 60K for work in 2010. After the vouchers I received for bumps, my out of pocket cost for the 35,000 or so miles I needed was right around $750. I was pretty happy with my decision after the new program changes were announced.

You can always use the SWU's or CR1's for friends. I've upgraded my mother and GF for future trips and will just let UDU or an exit row suffice for me. If you think an SWU is worth $X, then if you can get the 10K miles you need for $6X, I think it is a good decision, of course you should factor in your time as well.
Thanks for the input guys! I'm based in SFO, so flights are plenty...for the most part. With two months left, I guess I'll go for it to keep my 100% RDM bonus. May be worth the extra two coast to coast flights.

...now if only they were running a DEQM promo... :-)
Old Oct 27, 2011, 1:06 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Interesting. My OP account still shows distance to Gold and MP account still shows distance to 1P.
as it will continue to do. The eqm account combine / status update is done in the background and not effecting the "numbers" on either account.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 8:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, H.H. Gold, Hyatt GP Plat, SPG Gold, Enterprise Plat, Avis Pres Club
Thanks for the input guys! I'm based in SFO, so flights are plenty...for the most part. With two months left, I guess I'll go for it to keep my 100% RDM bonus. May be worth the extra two coast to coast flights.

...now if only they were running a DEQM promo... :-)
Personally I think it would be worth it - but I also A) enjoy flying B) work a job where I can pretty much fly any day M-Th so my time may not be as valuable as others.

Keep your eye open for some decently priced transcons. Two with good routing out of SFO and you could likely net the 10K you need. Do you have a OP or MP CC that give you any Flex EQM's?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 11:27 am

Good thought. I've got the Chase MP card that gives me 5K EQMs...but comes pretty steep at 50k points.

Transcons also don't work well for me. I like to be home for dinner. :-)
Old Oct 27, 2011, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
as it will continue to do. The eqm account combine / status update is done in the background and not effecting the "numbers" on either account.
Not sure which "numbers" you mean, but my MP account page indeed updated, from "progress" toward 2 regional upgrades...now "progress toward 1K." The numbers are correct, just the heading updated.

I believe gobluetwo stated his heading didn't update for some reason.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA (lame duck)1K, US Plat,HHonors Diamond, PC Plat, SPG Plat, MR Platinum
Sure wish I knew when my CO acct will update to Platinum... I must just be very lucky.

Thurs Oct 20th 2 legs posted giving me 79.5 segments on CO
Last segments posted on MP were 2 segments on UA that posted on Oct 16th to total 12 on MP.

Total Combined Segments= 91.5 and we're at 7 days since that total posted.

I know I combined my acct and matched status way back when or I wouldn't be 1p on UA with 12 segments.

Went back to the match status just to double check and got an Error message saying the two accts don't match.

Now I'm getting officially concerned. Want my darn Platinum status
Only silver lining to this is I have UA metal flights so Platinum won't chg anything over next 10 days and my next CO metal flight is Nov 9th...
But that's still a lot of darn segments not to get the status I've earned.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, UA-Premier Silver, AA EXP, Hilton Gold, SPG Plat.
Regionl upgrades/SWU Progress Bar

2 questions, how do you apply your regional upgrades to a ticket? Also, now that I am Platinum (80K) there is a progress bar for SWU, how does that work? And, If I achieve 100K. Will I be 1K with United? Thanks to all.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 5:10 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by orli-flier
.... how do you apply your regional upgrades to a ticket? ...
can be done online or with any agent (phone/airport/lounge/..) With UA instruments it can also be done at the gate but CO requires at least 24 hours prior to departure.

Originally Posted by orli-flier
.... Also, now that I am Platinum (80K) there is a progress bar for SWU, how does that work? And, If I achieve 100K. Will I be 1K with United? Thanks to all.
If you hit 100K (combined between CO & UA) you will get 6 SWUs, your status on UA with be 1K and Plat on CO. Once the new program starts you will be 1K for 2012.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Crossed last Sat/Sun redeye

CR1s dropped into my account today (Mon) afternoon
Still showing Gold on co.com though.

Edit: Now showing Platinum (Mon evening)

Last edited by rankourabu; Oct 31, 2011 at 7:21 pm
Old Oct 31, 2011, 7:33 pm

Well it took 11 days from the qualifying segments posting for the sweep to recognize me but finally today Co.com shows.

Now awaiting the CR1's as those don't appear in account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.