Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Global Entry fee refund - Plat and 1K [new credit process as of 27 Jul 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2012, 3:42 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nigos
I applied ~April 2 - was approved for interview April 17 - got an interview apt April 19th and two hours after the interview I received confirming email that my application was complete and that I could now use Global Entry.
My application is still showing "Pending Review" (for 10 days now) but my rebate has shown up in the Travel Bank already.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 6:32 pm

Emailed globalentrycredit on 4/10, received $100 in travel bank today 4/20.

Nice job UA.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 9000 (Bold): Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.576 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I applied for GE on 4/10 and have sent the email to UA within minutes of applying. Today I saw $100 in my TravelBank and have been conditionally approved for GE. I guess it's my lucky day. BTW, I didn't receive any email from the CBP informing me of the approval. I found out by logging in to their website.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG
Thanks for the reports everyone - I decided to beat the rush as well, and I can use this benefit in June.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:59 am

First change I will like.

Applied (and e-mailed on 4/9). Saw credit in my travel bank today (hadn't checked prior).

Happy with the efficiency (and perk) but would have been nice to get an e-mail letting me know the credit was added.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 1:26 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by todorovic
I applied for GE on 4/10 and have sent the email to UA within minutes of applying. Today I saw $100 in my TravelBank and have been conditionally approved for GE. I guess it's my lucky day. BTW, I didn't receive any email from the CBP informing me of the approval. I found out by logging in to their website.
Thanks for the info that I have to check the website for approval, I have been waiting for a e-mail instead. But just checked the website and said I am still pending approval.

Registered April 13 and have my $100 credit on my TravelBank now
Old Apr 21, 2012, 6:48 am

Programs: United 1k, SPG Plat & Ambassador, ClubCarlson Concierge
So if i apply now who are we emailing to get the $100 credit?
Old Apr 21, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: UA GS, 3MM, Titanium Elite for life
Like others, my experience was pretty easy and I received $100 in travel bank 4/20.

Now just need to figure out how to use time bank :-)

-sr
Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:18 am

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by Flyinace2000
So if i apply now who are we emailing to get the $100 credit?
See post 113 in this thread.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I too wonder about the NEXUS part. However, looking at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...hread-281.html it seems there is a huge delay getting NEXUS approved another huge delay for interviews on the Canadian side (US side is shorter).
Old Apr 21, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Emailed UA yesterday, appreciate the instructions and info in this thread.

I submitted my credit card statement as proof of payment. Anyone else do that and/or know what's specifically required for verification? I couldn't find any official acceptance from GOES in my email logs. I signed up about a year ago.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 7:55 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ainternational
I submitted my credit card statement as proof of payment. Anyone else do that and/or know what's specifically required for verification? I couldn't find any official acceptance from GOES in my email logs. I signed up about a year ago.
You are out of luck. One of the conditions for compensation is that your application for GE occur after January 1st of 2012.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
Not sure if this has been addressed yet, but if you have an AMEX Platinum, it appears that you have a very short window to get a DOUBLE reimbursement for GE.

As of now, you can pay with your AMEX and submit your receipt to UA which means you get reimbursed by AMEX AND you get a $100 credit from UA

It appears that, beginning in June, UA is going to give you a code so that you don't need to pay, meaning no AMEX reimbursement.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:06 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
I just noticed that this benefit was now active (instead of "coming soon"). I submitted my Global Entry info by e-mail...let's see how it goes.

But I applied for GE on 11/30/11 and was approved on 12/14/11, so it seems that I may be disqualified from the UA credit, as I applied soon after UA announced the benefit, not after the benefit officially began. Has anyone else in this situation had any luck?

Unfortunately, I don't have written confirmation from UA saying that it would be OK to apply in November and get reimbursed later.

Originally Posted by as219
I know I know, it's a freebie and an actual enhancement, so I shouldn't bite the hand. And I recognize that starting in June the credit will be automatically applied and therefore a real money discount. But this is the first I'm reading about getting a "refund" in the form of travel credit. Not the same as a refund.
Technically, they said "compensation," not "refund," right? I guess a travel credit (while much less useful than cash) qualifies as "compensation."

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 22, 2012 at 2:10 am Reason: merge
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:32 am

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
Technically, they said "compensation," not "refund," right? I guess a travel credit (while much less useful than cash) qualifies as "compensation."
It's just a travel credit until June it seems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.