Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2013, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
deleted
Print Wikipost

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2012, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA1KMM SPGPLAT
Originally Posted by stephenbgarvan
thanks-kind ofr stops one in their tracks-Especially if we have been used to frequent travel mentality for years.Reminds you of what amtters-people,family,loyalty, service.
Take care of yourselves. As far as the MM program, it may first take management to see people leaving the airline in volume before they take any corrective steps. In 3 short LAX-SFO roundtrips over past 3 weeks, I've had over 20 hours in cumulative delays. Things seem to be getting worse and people will need to vote with their feet.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:20 pm

Location: Sandpoint,Idaho- previously- Colorado, NYC, New England, SC
Programs: United Millionmiler 1/Star Alliance Gold, National Emerald Executive for Life, Best Western Platinum
Originally Posted by ocn2ocn
Take care of yourselves. As far as the MM program, it may first take management to see people leaving the airline in volume before they take any corrective steps. In 3 short LAX-SFO roundtrips over past 3 weeks, I've had over 20 hours in cumulative delays. Things seem to be getting worse and people will need to vote with their feet.
and wallets and loyalty
Old Oct 28, 2012, 3:16 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Fwiw, I crossed over to mm status 2 weeks ago and nominated my dad to have my status a few days after that and my mm "welcome kit" and my dad's 1k card both arrived yesterday
Old Oct 28, 2012, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goalie
Fwiw, I crossed over to mm status 2 weeks ago and nominated my dad to have my status a few days after that and my mm "welcome kit" and my dad's 1k card both arrived yesterday
Congrats. And wow on the fast UA turnaround for the credentials.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Not enough has been made of the fact that it's now not just a spouse/sig other, but anyone living at the same address. My wife & her sister will now both be 1Ks due to their parents each being a 1K
Old Oct 29, 2012, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Not enough has been made of the fact that it's now not just a spouse/sig other, but anyone living at the same address. My wife & her sister will now both be 1Ks due to their parents each being a 1K
The downside is that you had to move back in with your in-laws
Old Oct 29, 2012, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ps9a
The downside is that you had to move back in with your in-laws
Letter of the law is different from the spirit of the law
Old Oct 29, 2012, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Letter of the law is different from the spirit of the law
Perhaps no truer, more cogent words have been spoken in this thread.

:-: :-: :-: :-:
Old Nov 1, 2012, 6:26 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by UA Insider
[*]Million milers will be able to designate a spouse or significant other to always have the same premier tier as them (this includes when the million miler member earns a higher tier). The spousal premier benefits will be identical as the member, except they will not include RPUs and GPUs.
When looking at the united.com web page on the million miler program, it does not list the limitation on RPUs and GPUs, is this documented anywhere else besides the OP here? I will assume that still stands anyway, but are there any other limitations they neglect to list? For example, will the mileage bonuses apply? My wife will be just a bit short of Platinum this year but I will hit 1K, so I want to make sure the only benefit of spending more to get her over the top would be the 2 RPUs? I don't want to regret later not getting her the extra 2500 PQMs she needs.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dmodemd

I don't want to regret later not getting her the extra 2500 PQMs she needs.
Sadly nothing these Carpet Baggers commit to in writing can be believed these days, so spending one cent more than necessary might well be money wasted.

Less than a year back they promised all MM in writing we'd get x CRI/Regional a year, and they weaseled out on that, so anything is possible with these guys.

Lying and nickel and diming to high level regular flyers comes back to haunt the bottom line - look at UA's last Q's figures. @:-)
Old Nov 1, 2012, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, AA EXP, VS Silver, HY Diamond, HI Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dmodemd
When looking at the united.com web page on the million miler program, it does not list the limitation on RPUs and GPUs, is this documented anywhere else besides the OP here? I will assume that still stands anyway, but are there any other limitations they neglect to list? For example, will the mileage bonuses apply? My wife will be just a bit short of Platinum this year but I will hit 1K, so I want to make sure the only benefit of spending more to get her over the top would be the 2 RPUs? I don't want to regret later not getting her the extra 2500 PQMs she needs.
I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, so I'm answering based upon my interpretation. Please clarify if my assumptions are erroneous.

If you are a Million Miler: Assuming that you have given your wife your status matching privileges, your wife is currently guaranteed to be at no lower than the Premier Gold level. Of course, if you already are or are going to be Premier 1K for the 2013 program year, then your wife would also be 1K, but she would not receive any RPUs or GPUs, UNLESS she were to earn 75,000 PQMs / 100,000 PQMs on her own, respectively. From what you are writing, if she does not earn at least 2,500 additional PQMs, then she will NOT earn any RPUs. She would earn bonus RDMs based upon whatever Premier status she holds (either her earned status, or her shared status, whichever is higher).

If you are not a Million Miler: Your wife needs at least 2,500 additional PQMs to earn Premier Platinum status, which will give her 2 RPUs and a 75% RDM mileage bonus (along with 500-mile minimums) when she flies on UA revenue tickets (and certain airline partners).

You shouldn't worry about the benefits you or your wife will have for the 2013 Premier program year (which runs through 31JAN2014), based upon the PQMs you earn in 2012.

What some others are saying vis-a-vis not being able to trust UA and the long-term benefits that you may receive in years going forward relates solely to the Million Miler benefits (i.e., some do not trust UA when they say that the minimum guaranteed Premier Gold benefits for being a Million Miler will still be in effect several years down the road).

ETA: Read your info, saying that you are a MMer
Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:53 am

Location: Sandpoint,Idaho- previously- Colorado, NYC, New England, SC
Programs: United Millionmiler 1/Star Alliance Gold, National Emerald Executive for Life, Best Western Platinum
Good for you-thats meaningful for some,.not at all for others-for various reasons-
lightly/nontravelling spouse,
practiocalitries/logistics
Family member or spouse alraedy have status , etc
VERSUS the benefits that were taken away and or radically devalued.
Giving the option may have ben the prudent engaging offer to make??!!

and the recognition of loyalty, customer retention...

"When will they ever learn" and

change is the constant,NOT ALL change is good!

Last edited by iluv2fly; Nov 2, 2012 at 11:15 am Reason: merge
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:01 am

Programs: UA1KMM SPGPLAT
Originally Posted by jetsetr
I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, so I'm answering based upon my interpretation. Please clarify if my assumptions are erroneous.

If you are a Million Miler: Assuming that you have given your wife your status matching privileges, your wife is currently guaranteed to be at no lower than the Premier Gold level. Of course, if you already are or are going to be Premier 1K for the 2013 program year, then your wife would also be 1K, but she would not receive any RPUs or GPUs, UNLESS she were to earn 75,000 PQMs / 100,000 PQMs on her own, respectively. From what you are writing, if she does not earn at least 2,500 additional PQMs, then she will NOT earn any RPUs. She would earn bonus RDMs based upon whatever Premier status she holds (either her earned status, or her shared status, whichever is higher).

If you are not a Million Miler: Your wife needs at least 2,500 additional PQMs to earn Premier Platinum status, which will give her 2 RPUs and a 75% RDM mileage bonus (along with 500-mile minimums) when she flies on UA revenue tickets (and certain airline partners).

You shouldn't worry about the benefits you or your wife will have for the 2013 Premier program year (which runs through 31JAN2014), based upon the PQMs you earn in 2012.

What some others are saying vis-a-vis not being able to trust UA and the long-term benefits that you may receive in years going forward relates solely to the Million Miler benefits (i.e., some do not trust UA when they say that the minimum guaranteed Premier Gold benefits for being a Million Miler will still be in effect several years down the road).

ETA: Read your info, saying that you are a MMer
Expanding on this, exactly what advantage does one gain moving from 1MM status to 2MM status? Other than the lifetime club membership under the old program, doesn't seem clear that there is any material advantage left. Thanks.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:25 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Expanding on this, exactly what advantage does one gain moving from 1MM status to 2MM status? ....
Nothing if you are an active flyer at the Plat level or higher, hence the problem.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Expanding on this, exactly what advantage does one gain moving from 1MM status to 2MM status? Other than the lifetime club membership under the old program, doesn't seem clear that there is any material advantage left. Thanks.
IMO, the single largest, and most important change I'd see is moving to a pmCO-recognized level. I don't trust the HouCrew a whit, but I do believe they're reluctant to mess with IAH/CLE/GUM flyers.
Taking benefits away from pmUA premier execs doesn't seem very hard for them, however.

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.